Water Valley vs May

There are a couple of ways to look at this situation. In all fairness the coach had been pulling him out early in almost every game we had control over. But then you want to be ready to play a 4 quarter game like we knew we would be in against May. It was his Sr year, and had only been playing the 1st quarter for the last 4-5 games. Do you let him play to get ready for a 4 quarter game, or do you bench him to keep from injury? The kid is a beast, and was never injured in the past. Of course now its easy for everybody to point the finger at the coach but I don't think that is fair.
I have a hard time with this one, I hate it for the kid and he’s a great player but when we played water valley it was a 2 point ball game when we lost 2 starters in the first half to injury but we were told that is just an excuse but not all the sudden all I’m hearing is about this kid and it would have been different. Just kind of ironic to me.

There are a couple of ways to look at this situation. In all fairness the coach had been pulling him out early in almost every game we had control over. But then you want to be ready to play a 4 quarter game like we knew we would be in against May. It was his Sr year, and had only been playing the 1st quarter for the last 4-5 games. Do you let him play to get ready for a 4 quarter game, or do you bench him to keep from injury? The kid is a beast, and was never injured in the past. Of course now its easy for everybody to point the finger at the coach but I don't think that is fair.
I understand what you're saying, and I'm not trying to criticize the coaches here. It's just an unfortunate situation. I hate that the kids final football season ended like that.

I don’t know the particulars of what happened to 7. I do know from experience be it decades ago lol, my sr year the starters were pulled out of games most times before 1st qtr was over. The younger kids actually had more play time than the starters going into playoffs. We were conditioned don’t get me wrong but when we played a full game against Cherokee it was very difficult. So I can understand the coach trying to get the time in for the starters it makes sense to me especially in playoffs. But the hind sight is always better when something goes wrong. I wish the kid could have played against May I’m damn sure he does too. Hopefully he recovers and can enjoy his Sr year. Prayers to him and his family.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not trying to criticize the coaches here. It's just an unfortunate situation. I hate that the kids final football season ended like that.
Thank you for clarifying. Yes very unfortunate, our entire community was heartbroken. This kid is the role model for all the youth in the area. Never gets in trouble. Loves the Lord, his family, and Texas sixman football. I honestly can not say enough about this kid.

I don’t know the particulars of what happened to 7. I do know from experience be it decades ago lol, my sr year the starters were pulled out of games most times before 1st qtr was over. The younger kids actually had more play time than the starters going into playoffs. We were conditioned don’t get me wrong but when we played a full game against Cherokee it was very difficult. So I can understand the coach trying to get the time in for the starters it makes sense to me especially in playoffs. But the hind sight is always better when something goes wrong. I wish the kid could have played against May I’m damn sure he does too. Hopefully he recovers and can enjoy his Sr year. Prayers to him and his family.
Thank you for the kind words. Hope we get to meet again next year and start the conversation all over.

I have a hard time with this one, I hate it for the kid and he’s a great player but when we played water valley it was a 2 point ball game when we lost 2 starters in the first half to injury but we were told that is just an excuse but not all the sudden all I’m hearing is about this kid and it would have been different. Just kind of ironic to me.
I went back and looked at the Water Valley vs Westbrook thread and I didn't see where anybody said anything about "excuse" I said Westbrook had a very good, physical football team, and Water Valley played a good second half.

I went back and looked at the Water Valley vs Westbrook thread and I didn't see where anybody said anything about "excuse" I said Westbrook had a very good, physical football team, and Water Valley played a good second half.
Well I never said you personally, I was just saying that had been said a bunch, water valley is a super good team just really don’t understand the difference but I would love to have seen him against may.

I can tell you I would not tell someone that’s just an excuse….unlike the May people because if you truly understand sports and are big enough to put your pride aside, you can admit when one stud kid goes out, the chances of beating that team just rose tremendously. Honestly don’t know if WV would have beat WB with y’all healthy. And I can admit that. But I’m not too prideful! WB was the toughest team WV played in my opinion and y’all will definitely give May a run for their money!

I can tell you I would not tell someone that’s just an excuse….unlike the May people because if you truly understand sports and are big enough to put your pride aside, you can admit when one stud kid goes out, the chances of beating that team just rose tremendously. Honestly don’t know if WV would have beat WB with y’all healthy. And I can admit that. But I’m not too prideful! WB was the toughest team WV played in my opinion and y’all will definitely give May a run for their money!
I sure hope so we have to win Friday night first against a hungry happy team.

Who from WV said that losing your starters was just an excuse? Show me, not being a turd here. But I haven't read that anywhere on this site unless I missed it. I listened to the game and it was exciting even by audio streaming. What a battle, the announcers did a fine job letting the listeners know Westbrook had sustained injuries. The game slowly changed after that to WV favor. So, here is my opinion. Had Westbrook not sustained injuries they may have won. They may not have. My guess is Westbrook would have come out on top. Remember, it was a back and forth battle before injuries. It is not like Westbrook had the game under control before. We will never know. WV starter out from onset in May game. Big time player. No idea if it would have changed outcome and never even had opportunity to get a feel of how it may have impacted game. I am not saying WV would have won with #7, but it is possible. At end of day this without doubt tells us Westbrook has more player depth. Also, in WV-May game, May did a lot more rotating. So, they have depth as well. Time will tell, but I believe the best 2 teams are still in the D1 hunt. Westbrook and May. I also predict Westbrook to be the D1 State Champion. Barring injuries of course.

Who from WV said that losing your starters was just an excuse? Show me, not being a turd here. But I haven't read that anywhere on this site unless I missed it. I listened to the game and it was exciting even by audio streaming. What a battle, the announcers did a fine job letting the listeners know Westbrook had sustained injuries. The game slowly changed after that to WV favor. So, here is my opinion. Had Westbrook not sustained injuries they may have won. They may not have. My guess is Westbrook would have come out on top. Remember, it was a back and forth battle before injuries. It is not like Westbrook had the game under control before. We will never know. WV starter out from onset in May game. Big time player. No idea if it would have changed outcome and never even had opportunity to get a feel of how it may have impacted game. I am not saying WV would have won with #7, but it is possible. At end of day this without doubt tells us Westbrook has more player depth. Also, in WV-May game, May did a lot more rotating. So, they have depth as well. Time will tell, but I believe the best 2 teams are still in the D1 hunt. Westbrook and May. I also predict Westbrook to be the D1 State Champion. Barring injuries of course.
Not on here on some other sites people were saying that but it’s not a big deal to me, my point is it does hurt and I know it hurt water valley as well. Wasnt trying to start anything to be honest. I thought WV had a great team to be honest.

Just watched the game on you tube. Who was 7’s replacement? If it’s 34 I think the roster said that kid is a freshman. That’s kinda scary. Kid played his butt off. Got knocked around still kept coming back. That kind of tenacity is hard to find in Srs much less a freshman. I hope I read the roster wrong and he’s a Sr. Selfishly of course. Congrats on a historic season WV. I’m sure there’s more to come. Good luck next year.

Just watched the game on you tube. Who was 7’s replacement? If it’s 34 I think the roster said that kid is a freshman. That’s kinda scary. Kid played his butt off. Got knocked around still kept coming back. That kind of tenacity is hard to find in Srs much less a freshman. I hope I read the roster wrong and he’s a Sr. Selfishly of course. Congrats on a historic season WV. I’m sure there’s more to come. Good luck next year.
#34 is a freshman, and he will be a stud.

From what I remember 34 and 2 are both freshmen. They were part of one of the most talented Jr High teams that I had seen. Being from Westbrook we have played them the last several years. Westbrook’s Jr. And Sophomore classes right now are super talented and those same age groups from WV , SC and Garden City are all really good as well.

From what I remember 34 and 2 are both freshmen. They were part of one of the most talented Jr High teams that I had seen. Being from Westbrook we have played them the last several years. Westbrook’s Jr. And Sophomore classes right now are super talented and those same age groups from WV , SC and Garden City are all really good as well.
Well that’s not good news for us in the East. Lol. If I remember rt Borden County is heavy with underclass man as well. Should make for some good competition in next few years.

Well that’s not good news for us in the East. Lol. If I remember rt Borden County is heavy with underclass man as well. Should make for some good competition in next few years.
Yes they are, I believe Westbrook will bring back around 23-24 Jr’s and Sophomores from this roster.

Back