Water Valley vs May

Lol. We have Abbott this week. That’s where the focus will be. Maybe that looking into the future thing is why the gym is open in WV. Number one for a reason. One at a time.

Water valley is as creative as anyone on offense I’ll say that, they were just not physically able to take the pounding Nay was dishing out play after play . This is first time I watched either team and I definitely think the difference was the steady pounding from all the big strong tigers
That’s what they do. Just grind and grind and wear the other team down. Twice I seen all six WV players on the ground as May ran a Td. Number 34 for WV took biggest part of the pounding. I think he’s a freshman if I remember correctly. Props to him he kept trying. He wasn’t scared to get in the mix. He’s gonna do good things for WV in coming years.

What’s comical is every year y’all have an excuse… had the team in 13-14 but couldn’t get past Crowell… that was your first Quarter Final game ever…. welcome to the big leagues
what excuse did we have then?? I don’t recall hearing any…but I do recall hearing the excuses last year that y’all lost 2 starters in the state game to SC…

Last edited:
what excuse did we have then?? I don’t recall hearing any…but I do recall hearing the excuses last year that y’all lost 2 starters in the state game to SC…my my my how the tables have turned lol
Didn’t hear that from this fan…May would have needed their A+ game to beat Sterling... Injuries are part of the game.. its football, it’s not if but when you get hurt.. this time of the year one of your best abilities as a player is “availability”

Water Valley wasn’t the only team without a 2 way starter… next excuse
Hate to tell you but #7 was more than just a 2 way starter. I don’t have a crystal ball to know what the outcome would’ve been, but he does make a difference. Not to take anything away from May because they are one solid team. I believe they will bring hone the gold ball this year.

Hate to tell you but #7 was more than just a 2 way starter. I don’t have a crystal ball to know what the outcome would’ve been, but he does make a difference. Not to take anything away from May because they are one solid team. I believe they will bring hone the gold ball this year.
And Water Valley is a hell of a team. But great teams get sent home every year.

I'm not so sure about that...WB is firing on all cylinders right now...it's going to be a battle

what excuse did we have then?? I don’t recall hearing any…but I do recall hearing the excuses last year that y’all lost 2 starters in the state game to SC…my my my how the tables have turned.
The difference is simple. Very simple really really simple. We did lose two starters very early in state last year. True enough. It was huge blow to the team more so in their heads than on the field. However here is the simple part so read carefully. We said IF we had those two it would have been a better closer game NOT that we would have won the game. You claim one guy would have May in the gym not WV. All we said was those two would have made the game better. SC beat us early in the year with a healthy team so there’s that. As for the game last night May was more physical period. Would 7 have made the game better or more exciting maybe so. But he too would have been hit and blocked and tackled.

Setting here with a full belly, thank to 1st & 15 and all his running buddies, waiting for the Water Valley and May game to start. Water Valley by 12. Last night was barn burner in Colorado City.
You and your brother are second to none Sixman fans. The way y’all travel across the state to watch kids you don’t even know is awesome. Both of y’all are a true blessing to the Sixman community. Hope to see you at AT&T stadium.

Thank you 1st & 15. We will be at AT&T if at all possible. Six-man foot has the best fans in the world. We enjoy the games but we also enjoy visiting with the fans. We are lucky that we can find a way to make these games. Thanks again and thanks to all the fans across the parts of the state we have visited that make us feel like family.

Your prediction would have been right…had WV had number #7
Well unfortunately this is also where smart coaching comes into play. From what I understand, the kid got hurt toward the end of a game that WV had well under control. A smart coaching move would have been to bench your star player and preserve him for the next week. Water Valley knew they would have either May or Jonesboro, both tough opponents the next week. Like May's coaches did against Jonesboro, #25 dislocated his shoulder, it's happened before throughout the course of the year, they would pop it back in and send him back, they chose to hold him out against Jonesboro, knowing that the rest of the team could handle it, and save him for a tough Water Valley team. I hate that the kid got hurt, truly. It's a part of football, but it still sucks. However, at the end of the night, the better team won, no ifs, ands or buts.

Well unfortunately this is also where smart coaching comes into play. From what I understand, the kid got hurt toward the end of a game that WV had well under control. A smart coaching move would have been to bench your star player and preserve him for the next week. Water Valley knew they would have either May or Jonesboro, both tough opponents the next week. Like May's coaches did against Jonesboro, #25 dislocated his shoulder, it's happened before throughout the course of the year, they would pop it back in and send him back, they chose to hold him out against Jonesboro, knowing that the rest of the team could handle it, and save him for a tough Water Valley team. I hate that the kid got hurt, truly. It's a part of football, but it still sucks. However, at the end of the night, the better team won, no ifs, ands or buts.
Coach did bench him and unfortunately it was more than just a dislocation…it is a broken collarbone. Whole different injury. Our coaches definitely had his and our teams best interest in mind. Funny how people think they know the whole situation when you clearly don’t. #7 would have been on that field with his brothers if there was any way possible! Yes it sucks and yes at the end of the day May won fair and square and yes injuries are a part of football but there will always be that little bit of wondering what could have been…but you are welcome to your opinion just as we are!

Coach did bench him and unfortunately it was more than just a dislocation…it is a broken collarbone. Whole different injury. Our coaches definitely had his and our teams best interest in mind. Funny how people think they know the whole situation when you clearly don’t. #7 would have been on that field with his brothers if there was any way possible! Yes it sucks and yes at the end of the day May won fair and square and yes injuries are a part of football but there will always be that little bit of wondering what could have been…but you are welcome to your opinion just as we are!
Obviously I meant pulling him out as soon as the game against Lometa was under control to preserve him for the tougher game that was to follow, before he got injured. And you're correct, in your opinion WV would have won had he played, in my opinion the outcome would have been the same, maybe a bit closer, but still the same. We will have to just agree to disagree.

Obviously I meant pulling him out as soon as the game against Lometa was under control to preserve him for the tougher game that was to follow, before he got injured. And you're correct, in your opinion WV would have won had he played, in my opinion the outcome would have been the same, maybe a bit closer, but still the same. We will have to just agree to disagree.
There are a couple of ways to look at this situation. In all fairness the coach had been pulling him out early in almost every game we had control over. But then you want to be ready to play a 4 quarter game like we knew we would be in against May. It was his Sr year, and had only been playing the 1st quarter for the last 4-5 games. Do you let him play to get ready for a 4 quarter game, or do you bench him to keep from injury? The kid is a beast, and was never injured in the past. Of course now its easy for everybody to point the finger at the coach but I don't think that is fair.

Back