Water Valley vs May

I see where they lost four games but all were close. Just wandering if they had some injuries early on?? Granted they were quality teams so not taking anything away from them but it’s a bit odd to lose 4 and still be considered as a real contender. However, that many close games builds character and grit so there’s that. I
And that's all everyone is seeing and looking at! And that's ok,, they will continue to take care of business!! The four losses goes to show that everyone only looks at that. Those 4 losses have molded that team to who they are now! Getting hot at the right time! No disrespect to any other of the 7 teams left. Those schedules have been weak. Only reason Water Valley beat them was due to the 8 turnovers they had. And WV capitalized on it and still only beat them by 21. If you know your football you look and see who you have played and say ok, we haven't played anyone or maybe 1 or 2 teams. And Have 45ed everyone of those and proves what! Westbrook, will continue to stay under the radar and Play Outstanding Defense and be the first 4 loss State Champion. Then what will the excuses be then? With all that being said. I hope and pray for an injury free games for the final 8 teams! It's Playoff time in Texas

I see where they lost four games but all were close. Just wandering if they had some injuries early on?? Granted they were quality teams so not taking anything away from them but it’s a bit odd to lose 4 and still be considered as a real contender. However, that many close games builds character and grit so there’s that. I
Yes lost 2 starters in first half to WV, lost the Robert’s kid early against Strawn and had a starting lineman out as well. Then neither played against GC. Lost 2 starters in first half of SC game. We were healthy against motley county just typical first game of the year after losing a big senior class. Everyone is healthy now so hoping to keep rolling. We respect Sterling city so much they are great kids and this one should be a fight!! Good luck to everyone left.

Yes lost 2 starters in first half to WV, lost the Robert’s kid early against Strawn and had a starting lineman out as well. Then neither played against GC. Lost 2 starters in first half of SC game. We were healthy against motley county just typical first game of the year after losing a big senior class. Everyone is healthy now so hoping to keep rolling. We respect Sterling city so much they are great kids and this one should be a fight!! Good luck to everyone left.
I figured it was injuries. Even with that those losses were close so that says a lot about the team. Good luck going forward and enjoy it all.

And that's all everyone is seeing and looking at! And that's ok,, they will continue to take care of business!! The four losses goes to show that everyone only looks at that. Those 4 losses have molded that team to who they are now! Getting hot at the right time! No disrespect to any other of the 7 teams left. Those schedules have been weak. Only reason Water Valley beat them was due to the 8 turnovers they had. And WV capitalized on it and still only beat them by 21. If you know your football you look and see who you have played and say ok, we haven't played anyone or maybe 1 or 2 teams. And Have 45ed everyone of those and proves what! Westbrook, will continue to stay under the radar and Play Outstanding Defense and be the first 4 loss State Champion. Then what will the excuses be then? With all that being said. I hope and pray for an injury free games for the final 8 teams! It's Playoff time in Texas
I don't think you can say the ONLY reason WV beat them was the turnovers...that speaks volumes about WV's defense....good defense causes mistakes.

Water Valley
Okay Tiger fan the time has come. The two best teams in the state will grind it out, and decide who really is the number 1 team. Water Valley better bring their A game to beat May, and likewise May better bring their A game if they want to beat Water Valley. It’s gonna be a dog fight for sure.
Pretty sure quite a few of us would argue that "Two best teams in the state" comment.
But since this is the May vs WV thread I'll throw my 2 cents in on this one.
I've heard the hype, seen the rankings, listened to opinions and seen all the stats. Heck I've even watched both teams play this year against quality teams who, as a matter of fact, are still making runs in the playoffs out here in the West.

May stumbles this week against the wrong team at the wrong time, WV will capitalize on turnovers that May usually doesn't commit. WV will play the best game they have in them and move to next week, and I'm definitely going to be there Saturday to watch it all unfold.

Just about have all arrangements made with local nursing home in Colorado City for a two night stay. Drive in Friday
and leave Sunday. How do we get tickets in advance? Had a little problem last week that I don’t want
to repeat.

Just about have all arrangements made with local nursing home in Colorado City for a two night stay. Drive in Friday
and leave Sunday. How do we get tickets in advance? Had a little problem last week that I don’t want
to repeat.
Not sure if you can get advance tickets but I know the WB vs SC game in Colorado City should be selling tickets at the gate.

Well good luck with that prediction
Water Valley

Pretty sure quite a few of us would argue that "Two best teams in the state" comment.
But since this is the May vs WV thread I'll throw my 2 cents in on this one.
I've heard the hype, seen the rankings, listened to opinions and seen all the stats. Heck I've even watched both teams play this year against quality teams who, as a matter of fact, are still making runs in the playoffs out here in the West.

May stumbles this week against the wrong team at the wrong time, WV will capitalize on turnovers that May usually doesn't commit. WV will play the best game they have in them and move to next week, and I'm definitely going to be there Saturday to watch it all unfold
Another hater. Lol. Anything is possible. It’s gonna be a battle. One thing I’d bet my last dollar on is that the East will win State. Only question is will it be May, WV or Abbott. I say May but I’m partial.

Well good luck with that prediction

Another hater. Lol. Anything is possible. It’s gonna be a battle. One thing I’d bet my last dollar on is that the East will win State. Only question is will it be May, WV or Abbott. I say May but I’m partial.
😆😆😆 No hate at all, I just see what I see. Don't really think anyone should count out the West either, remember what happened last year.
I'm just excited for this time of year, and glad so many top notch programs are in the hunt.
If it wasn't for Sixman football I think we would all lose our minds.....

I Still believe Westbrook will be at AT&T!

😆😆😆 No hate at all, I just see what I see. Don't really think anyone should count out the West either, remember what happened last year.
I'm just excited for this time of year, and glad so many top notch programs are in the hunt.
If it wasn't for Sixman football I think we would all lose our minds.....
I remember the state game last year. Also remember having one starter out and losing another and possibly the best player very early on. Not saying we could have won but outcome would have been much closer. I’m sure Westbrook understands how missing a couple key players affects the team. It’s gonna be a slugfest from this point on for all remaining teams. Good luck to all prayers for safety to all players.

I See Westbrook at AT&T!

Back