Water Valley vs. Marfa

WV Backer

Six-man pro
Well, despite the predictions of the Sub-Standard Times, the Water Valley Wildcats are the district champions again. This has earned them a first round playoff match-up against the Marfa Shorthorns, a team they have never met on the gridiron. Location is still TBD but a quick look at the map shows me that McCamey would be the perfect spot for the game. We've had playoff success in McCamey before so why not? The Shorthorns are 7-3 on the season but they haven't played the same caliber schedule as the Wildcats. What do you think Wildcat fans? Will the WV make short work of the Shorthorns? Will Marfa make things messy in McCamey? Let's hear from you.

Be careful Backer........... Marfa may "light" in to your Wildcats..................

Been waiting for that opportunity a long time.................

fortyfived":3m8xbiw0 said:
Learned a little bit today about the Shorthorn. I had no idea that it was a real breed of cattle until I googled it. [/b]

I can see that you are not a native six-man fan! (not a country boy) The Shorthorn being one of the first British Breeds brought to the U.S.

Johnny South":1hd61906 said:
I can see that you are not a native six-man fan! (not a country boy) The Shorthorn being one of the first British Breeds brought to the U.S.

You could be wrong Johnny South. Just not an expert on cattle breeds. But hey... I guess if I would have raised a couple of bottle baby Holsteins out behind my double wide on 3 acres I might have known about them Shorthorns! : ) Thank for response though... I was beginning to think everyone was asleep in the 6 man community.

I don't know much about the Shorthorns. In fact, I do not believe that WV has ever played Marfa. I do know that the Wildcats are at full strength and ready to play. Have a feeling this one will end early. Good Luck Cats.

These Wildcats have been tested and if they have a sound game plan, execute well, and minimize mistakes I believe they can play with any of the top ranked teams.

GO WILDCATS!

Great game for the Wildcats as they defeated the Shorthorns 86-36. Marfa was tougher than many expected and had no quit in them. Water Valley now takes on the defending state champion Crowell Wildcats in the second round. By the way chivo loco, the WV made all of their extra points this time around.

Back