Water Valley vs. Crowell

Gunslinger":5joz4g6i said:
Looks to be a cold/windy/possibly snowy game! Wish they'd move it to Thursday so the outcome won't be affected.

I would hope someone is looking at this from a safety standpoint. Many teams have already rescheduled.

For Hermleigh, TX....
From National Weather Service:
Friday Areas of freezing rain. Cloudy, with a high near 28. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday Night A chance of freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 25. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%

From Intellicast:
Details for Friday, November 22
Windy, chance of showers. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the upper 20s.
Precipitation: 70%
Snow: 41%
Cloud Coverage: 99%

Gotta say how classless the coach's wife and Crowell players are for what they are posting on FB and Twitter!! Had the Crowell coach agreed to play Thursday we would not be in this situation. And to say that we are scared to face them is farthest from the truth! Here at CLASSY WV we are more focused on everyone's safety rather than a high school football game. Funny how other games got cancelled due to the weather.

As posted elsewhere, the game has been moved to Monday @ 5:30 in Rotan. Remember, a few knuckleheads spouting off don't speak for the whole school or the town. We've had our share of that business here in the WV in the past few years so continue to press on with class. There are some good, intelligent folks there in Crowell that understand why the game has been postponed so don't lump them all in with the likes of Bobby b.

WV Backer":1ebnmbfq said:
As posted elsewhere, the game has been moved to Monday @ 5:30 in Rotan. Remember, a few knuckleheads spouting off don't speak for the whole school or the town. We've had our share of that business here in the WV in the past few years so continue to press on with class. There are some good, intelligent folks there in Crowell that understand why the game has been postponed so don't lump them all in with the likes of Bobby b.
You sure mention my name alot. Do you have a man crush on me?

WV Backer":1spv3m1x said:

Thanks WV Backer!! You know the ole saying about one bad apple. We have our share also.

I'm no coach but I wouldnt have played on Thursday either. This is the playoffs, I wouldn't want to give a free scout to the coaches of the team you would likely face next round. I wonder if both coaches stayed home or braved the bad conditions and went to the Ira/GC game?

The game NEEDED to be postponed. No reason to put kids safety at risk so some adults can relive their childhood through their kids or other peoples kids. This game should be outstanding. 6man football is awesome and when 2 good teams play each other, it makes it even better. We had 80 traffic accidents Friday night where i live. Good call on postponement. Hopefully the roads will be good for each teams travels monday. Good luck to both and Gods hand on the drivers getting them there.

So you can have as many forward handoffs as long as they don't cross the line of scrimmage? Because it was a forward handoff then a pitch back then a forward pass.

its the same concept as a flea flicker... its not considered a forward handoff, its a lateral handoff.... so a forward pass is still permitted so long as he doesn't cross the line of scrimmage

Caprock kid":3azq8qbp said:
So you can have as many forward handoffs as long as they don't cross the line of scrimmage? Because it was a forward handoff then a pitch back then a forward pass.
A forward handoff is not considered a forward pass, it does not apply to the only one forward pass rule. It has to be a handoff, not a pitch, pass, or toss. And it has to be behind the line of scrimmage.

Back