Vote Harrison Nowak Mr Texas Football Player of the Week

gohorns40":2yxw9yl4 said:
I'm not into hacking code but I do advocate every manual vote be cast. It's not like we're all sitting in the same classroom organizing the vote...

Entirely agree — legitimate votes should count, and illegitimate votes shouldn't. I think we can all agree on that.

So here's what's likely to happen: we're going to close the poll at noon, as usual. Then, we'll go through and weed out (the best we can) the illegitimate votes. That may delay the announcement of the winner — on the Mr. Texas Football Facebook page — until 1pm or so.

Fair?

GregTepper":1x4h25tj said:
gohorns40":1x4h25tj said:
I'm not into hacking code but I do advocate every manual vote be cast. It's not like we're all sitting in the same classroom organizing the vote...

Entirely agree — legitimate votes should count, and illegitimate votes shouldn't. I think we can all agree on that.

So here's what's likely to happen: we're going to close the poll at noon, as usual. Then, we'll go through and weed out (the best we can) the illegitimate votes. That may delay the announcement of the winner — on the Mr. Texas Football Facebook page — until 1pm or so.

Fair?

Sounds like about as fair as it can get with what's been going on, though I'm certainly no techie.
The Guru could probably offer some insight here.

No matter what happens thank you for getting this started Leman. Too bad it seems to have gotten out of hand, on both sides. Thanks to all who voted legitimately.

GregTepper":3n4rs6km said:
Guys, if you're going to cheat, try to be a little less conspicuous.

Signed,
Greg Tepper
Managing Editor, Dave Campbell's Texas Football
Also, the guy who is watching, in real time, 5 Harrison Nowak votes per second get registered by the same IP address

BUSTED!!!!!!!

Poll's closed, and we're going through the votes.

Do want to say, we do appreciate y'alls enthusiasm about the award. While I may not necessarily love some of the methods some of you employed, it's clear that y'all support your own, and that's what the award is designed to do. We won't forget that in the future when considering which players to nominate.

So I guess whomever Mr. Teppers believed was cheating didn't cast enough votes to sawaythe percentages? Or does crowded field employ the same voting tactics?

RoscoeSparks11":od415ats said:
So I guess whomever Mr. Teppers believed was cheating didn't cast enough votes to sawaythe percentages? Or does crowded field employ the same voting tactics?

As far as we can tell, we eliminated the ineligible votes — more than 600,000 ineligible votes, actually — and Nowak still had enough to win.

Congrats to Harry and his team mates/Coaches who share in this.
To celebrate Eric is buying CFS at Mary's tomorrow night for everyone who voted.
Just show up and say you voted..............

Leman Saunders":3m21xcwa said:
WOW! (to the CFS offer that is)

Just kidding Leman. Eric has a good job but if everybody showed up that voted he'd probably have to take out a loan to pay for it. While not exorbitant Mary's is not cheap.

So does he get a plaque or something to commemorate this? If so it would be nice if they sent it to Coach Lee and the school had a little ceremony to present it to him.

Since we have so many computer geeks on the "special crowd" shouldn't we speculate on who it was doing the hacking? May have been several. May be worth another few pages or so too!

Back