Vote Harrison Nowak Mr Texas Football Player of the Week

texmac68":tqhg8kwd said:
He has 33%. The sad part is they have it listed as a 6man record, when it is more than that.
I don't expect the 11 man world to recognize what he did even though a yard is still 3 feet in 6 or 11 and a TD is a TD. They'll find some excuse to discredit it. If someone did this in 11 man it would be in every newspaper in the state and on every sports show too. Heck USA Today or ESPN might pick it up.

51eleven":12jpuow3 said:
texmac68":12jpuow3 said:
He has 33%. The sad part is they have it listed as a 6man record, when it is more than that.
I don't expect the 11 man world to recognize what he did even though a yard is still 3 feet in 6 or 11 and a TD is a TD. They'll find some excuse to discredit it. If someone did this in 11 man it would be in every newspaper in the state and on every sports show too. Heck USA Today or ESPN might pick it up.

My, my foot tastes good. After writing this about 11 man I found the following article in the Abilene paper declaring him Big Country player of the week. Maybe Don Hardin is haunting their sports desk.

http://www.reporternews.com/sports/big- ... e_31032421

If anyone is a subscriber and could post a link to the full article it would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like he is also a finalist for KTXS Player of the Week (Abilene). Winner will be announced tonight at 10:00 per KTXS News.

Great article about a great young athlete. Thank you for writing it and posting it for us to see, Mr. Saunders. Not only is it good to see Harrison Nowak getting some of the accolades he deserves, I am delighted that the sport of six-man football is getting some much deserved recognition, as well.

Thank you, too, ryry, for letting us know about him being a finalist in the KTXS Abilene Player of the Week. Wouldn't it be wonderful if he won both Player of the Week and Mr. Football honors? It would be a time every six-man fan can celebrate for sure.

BTW: On the Mr. Football poll I noticed Nowak is at 32 percent (it had dropped to 31 percent but rose back to 32 just a short while ago) and his nearest competition is still standing steady at 28 percent. That should serve as a reminder to us all to keep supporting this kid with our votes. So here's a rally cry to everyone who loves six man football and would like to see the game and Harrison get some well-deserved attention, Please, please, please VOTE!!! Let's get this done!!!

Thanks. Now lets see to it that he gets the Mr. Texas Football player of the week! I'd like to see him get over the 35% mark...he's at 33% now...that's pretty dang good with so many on the ballot!

In less than 20 minutes, Nowak dropped from first place at 34-28, about where it's been staying since Monday to a low second at 25-46.

Leman Saunders":196kyjn7 said:
fell back into 2nd place...votes went to 38% to 29% in the last 10 minutes.

Wow. Just after your 7:31 post he was up to 34%. Looks like a flood broke out from Wichita Falls.
Are there enough Six Man Fans in the World to counter them? Battle did have the 4th highest rushing yards in a game in Texas History, deserving of this award virtually any other week. Nowak broke two very important National Records. 120 yards more than the 11 man Texas record. 15 TD's to 10 (11 in 6man) (280 more yards than the 6man record). He didn't just break the records by a few yards or a TD or two, he Broke them.
Ask everybody you know to vote. E-mail or text them the link to vote. It's easy.

Back