UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Strawn)

So, was there like, anything unusual that happened at the district meeting that could have helped sway the UIL decision?

Nothing unusual as far as I saw. I think it was just a matter of there not being enough evidence that would cause the UIL board to be willing to overturn the DEC's decision.

Again, take my opinion on this matter with a grain of salt. Before last year I'd never seen any of these hearings and now I've still seen less than a handful. I'm certainly not an expert.

So @Mike What does that mean for the student-athelete for
It means he'll be ineligible to participate in varsity events until he's been at the current school for one year.

It means my son had to learn a hard lesson on how the real world works! He had no choice in our move to a family ranch where my husband is the 5th generation and our kids the 6th.. It's a sad hard lesson. We know people's true colors.

So, was there like, anything unusual that happened at the district meeting that could have helped sway the UIL decision
Like you posted earlier, the UIL decision seemed pre ordained. The committee members, other than the moderator, seemed comatose at best. May be a shot of coffee would have made for better viewing or a dancing bear. Good to hear that the hearsay of girl friends on the belchers counted as evidence. When the moderator called for the vote one of the committee members never moved a muscle but his eyes were open. Hopefully a sign of participation and life. Life in the fast lane, that is.

Like you posted earlier, the UIL decision seemed pre ordained. The committee members, other than the moderator, seemed comatose at best. May be a shot of coffee would have made for better viewing or a dancing bear. Good to hear that the hearsay of girl friends on the belchers counted as evidence. When the moderator called for the vote one of the committee members never moved a muscle but his eyes were open. Hopefully a sign of participation and life. Life in the fast lane, that is.
This is unreal. How are any of these people for the children. They are not ..

Did this kid tranfer or move into the district? If you move into the district, you don't have to sit out a year correct?
Even if you move into the district, the previous school can mark the PAPF to show they moved for athletic purposes. Then it would be up to the district committee to decided if the student did or not. In this case, the DC decided the student moved for athletic purposes, which the family appealed to the UIL.

The mother of the Strawn child is correct. The UIL does not care for the best interest of students and/or schools. The UIL is in the business of making money. That’s just my humble, honest opinion. I wish nothing for the best for this young man as he moves forward.

Even if you move into the district, the previous school can mark the PAPF to show they moved for athletic purposes. Then it would be up to the district committee to decided if the student did or not. In this case, the DC decided the student moved for athletic purposes, which the family appealed to the UIL.

The mother of the Strawn child is correct. The UIL does not care for the best interest of students and/or schools. The UIL is in the business of making money. That’s just my humble, honest opinion. I wish nothing for the best for this young man as he moves forward.
Please elaborate on a Police officers position in life?

Please elaborate on a Police officers position in life?
Did you watch the Crosby appeal before the Strawn appeal happened? The parents of the transfer student had police documentation stating the kid was threatened and people actually showed up tp campus to carry out those threats. Which was the reason for the move. The UIL still backed the DEC. So, can you please elaborate on why my opinion was so far fetched, Mr. Knows More?

Someone is going to sue the UIL eventually and win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach Reed and Holly Campbell have to be proud that they made this student sit out varsity competition to protect their football program. Beat Strawn at something these last few years other than girl's basketball.

Last edited:
Like you posted earlier, the UIL decision seemed pre ordained.
The way I see it is, you need to have overwhelming convincing evidence for the UIL to override and overturn the District Executive Committee’s decision. The DEC had to have something other than the one school’s opinion on the PAPF. It is a committee and they do vote on these decisions. If only one school rep votes for ineligibility, the athlete is eligible. If the majority of the schools reps voted ineligible, they saw something that we haven’t been shown.

The way I see it is, you need to have overwhelming convincing evidence for the UIL to override and overturn the District Executive Committee’s decision. The DEC had to have something other than the one school’s opinion on the PAPF. It is a committee and they do vote on these decisions. If only one school rep votes for ineligibility, the athlete is eligible. If the majority of the schools reps voted ineligible, they saw something that we haven’t been shown.
I would agree. Had to be something else to the story besides just Gordon voting against. They clearly were not the only vote. Some people have no choice other than needing somebody to blame.

Valid point.

Couldn't the Mom become a Teachers Assistant at Strawn and the kid would be eligible? Like RS has done in the past? Though the Valley kids mom was the girls basketball coach.
I like Coach Reed but this seemed to be power tripping or its p***ing contest between the 2 schools. He was obviously upset about the kid going to Strawn even though they lost 10 seniors and return 1 starter (Rigdon). Now, the Mom and Stepdad could have been a little more informative. The truck issue sounded like an excuse. Dont they bus out? I dont think we are hearing the full story. Either way, someone said it earlier but the UIL will eventually get sued and lose.

Couldn't the Mom become a Teachers Assistant at Strawn and the kid would be eligible? Like RS has done in the past? Though the Valley kids mom was the girls basketball coach.
I like Coach Reed but this seemed to be power tripping or its p***ing contest between the 2 schools. He was obviously upset about the kid going to Strawn even though they lost 10 seniors and return 1 starter (Rigdon). Now, the Mom and Stepdad could have been a little more informative. The truck issue sounded like an excuse. Dont they bus out? I dont think we are hearing the full story. Either way, someone said it earlier but the UIL will eventually get sued and lose.
Of course there’s animosity towards each other. I don’t think that will ever change unless they just stop whining and consolidate to the Mingus Cowdogs. I didn’t hear the meeting but a truck issue.? Not very convincing.

The moderator referred to overheard conversations a few times so hearsay is considered evidence so gossip would fall into that category too. Gordon girlfriends said he said this or that. This was a community involved family with the father being on the Gordon school board and he resigned once the house sold in Gordon and made plans to move to the ranch. Definitely an athletic determined move. Lol May be they didn't want to help fund that new bond that the district finally passed over much resistance. Gordon was out for blood and challenging Robert's transfer was their only way to get even. Gordon made a mistake with this move and knows better.

Of course there’s animosity towards each other. I don’t think that will ever change unless they just stop whining and consolidate to the Mingus Cowdogs. I didn’t hear the meeting but a truck issue.? Not very convincing.
I prefer the Longdogs or Greyhorns. Hey, those people have intermarried over the last fifty years and it would advisable to stay clear of either group if you can figure which group they are. Good luck.

Back