UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Richland Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it hasn't. It is only stained in the minds of haters that likely got crushed by Burkhart in the past. It's a way to explain away losing. As for those with reasoning skills, this is unfortunate, even embarrassing but justice has been served according to UIL regulations on a SINGULAR event. I am still attempting to watch the meeting (enhancing the audio, very difficult to hear a lot of it). Regardless of what I think about the meeting, the decision has been made. There is no further appeal. There is no need to continue beating the RS dead horse, but I imagine you will try. lol.
"They don't come here to play in the band...we ain't got a band."

"They don't come here to play in the band...we ain't got a band."

iu

😎😎😎😎😎 dilla your killa me man

Can't help but chuckle about all of this. My assumption is that the Burkhart suspension is effective immediately? Also, my assumption, since I cannot hear a damn thing on that video, is that Shawn Rogers is also suspended? If so, another assumption, is Etheridge is taking over as HC? I hope the players can stay focused. Big distractions.

Can't help but chuckle about all of this. My assumption is that the Burkhart suspension is effective immediately? Also, my assumption, since I cannot hear a damn thing on that video, is that Shawn Rogers is also suspended? If so, another assumption, is Etheridge is taking over as HC? I hope the players can stay focused. Big distractions.
You said it best 👌 lots of chuckling going on.

Burky effective immediately. Rogers cleared.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, TX
— The State Executive Committee of the University Interscholastic League met Monday morning to hand down decisions on eligibility of student-athletes and possible rules violations.

Richland Springs High School Head Football Coach and Athletic Director Jerry Burkhart was given a three-year suspension from coaching. Richland Springs High School was given three years probation and a public reprimand. Richland Springs High School Assistant Football Coach Shawn Rogers was cleared of any rule violations.

A student-athlete from Richland Springs High School was denied an appeal for varsity eligibility, upholding the previous ruling of the district executive committee.

As his son, I am saddened to see such a great man and coach go down like this. It was clear in the room that they had their minds made up. They went strictly off of DEC statement. Didn’t ask the parents, didn’t ask Mullin any questions. Just my Dad. Growing up I’ve spoken on the phone to multiple coaches about things I couldn’t talk to my Dad about. Advice on life decisions. Never have I heard a coach can’t talk to a kid not from his school. This is outrageous and I have lost respect for this sixman community and UIL. I know what type of man my Dad is and everyone who knows him would happily take the stand and testify. No matter what I say, will stop this site from bashing my Dad. My Dad is a great man and a Great Coach that didn’t deserve this.
The ruling was that he could not coach for 3 years. But can he continue to serve as athletic director ?

Is this a public forum?
If there is deleted content that doesn’t violate basic community standards but just disagreed with the administrator it could be argued the same that Facebook was accused of being a publisher not a public forum. So if I was in charge of this site I would be careful what I deleted or banned. It’s either a open forum or it isn’t there is no in between.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, TX
— The State Executive Committee of the University Interscholastic League met Monday morning to hand down decisions on eligibility of student-athletes and possible rules violations.

Richland Springs High School Head Football Coach and Athletic Director Jerry Burkhart was given a three-year suspension from coaching. Richland Springs High School was given three years probation and a public reprimand. Richland Springs High School Assistant Football Coach Shawn Rogers was cleared of any rule violations.

A student-athlete from Richland Springs High School was denied an appeal for varsity eligibility, upholding the previous ruling of the district executive committee.
Thanks. that is what i was waiting for.

If there is deleted content that doesn’t violate basic community standards but just disagreed with the administrator it could be argued the same that Facebook was accused of being a publisher not a public forum. So if I was in charge of this site I would be careful what I deleted or banned. It’s either a open forum or it isn’t there is no in between.

A forum can be moderated. I participate in many of them.

I bet he still controls that team and it’s business as usual, some of it will just have to be in the shadows and from that (14 minute phone). Nothing changes.
Let's hope that's not the case and the UIL actually tries to shut this type of activity down. I am sure the eyes will be all over RS going forward, so it may not even be fun to be involved as AD. Burkhardt from what I can gather, lives for football and RS. This is going to be a tough pill for him to swallow, even if he did do it to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back