UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Richland Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must’ve lost to burkhart a few times, I hope after this COMPLETELY GARBAGE decision by the DEC, a bunch of uninformed people who know nothing about the world of six man football or coaching. Completely focused on trying to make burkhart slip up. Crazy what a pot can be stirred by a bunch of LOSERS. Who doesn’t think kids want to go to a school who has shown unmatched levels of success year in and year out, under their own will. Burkhart is guilty of one thing. KICKING SOME A** and y’all are sore and ready for it to be over. This year and when burkhart is back. Richland will be the same.
No way he returns.

As his son, I am saddened to see such a great man and coach go down like this. It was clear in the room that they had their minds made up. They went strictly off of DEC statement. Didn’t ask the parents, didn’t ask Mullin any questions. Just my Dad. Growing up I’ve spoken on the phone to multiple coaches about things I couldn’t talk to my Dad about. Advice on life decisions. Never have I heard a coach can’t talk to a kid not from his school. This is outrageous and I have lost respect for this sixman community and UIL. I know what type of man my Dad is and everyone who knows him would happily take the stand and testify. No matter what I say, will stop this site from bashing my Dad. My Dad is a great man and a Great Coach that didn’t deserve this.
He deserved it, he should’ve been banned for life honestly.. go cry me a river man.

To your first point, absolutely correct. He was found guilty of illegally recruiting. Nobody said you couldn't talk about it. What I said was we're not going to talk about how it's been going on for years because there's no proof and he was never found guilty by the UIL, so while you may think it happened nobody really knows if it did or not.

To you second point, if you don't like it, go somewhere else and post your crap there...

"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie" - Mark Twain

Go ahead and delete every post that calls out the truth. We all know how those titles were won. The Burkhart/RS legacy has been permanently stained.

To your first point, absolutely correct. He was found guilty of illegally recruiting. Nobody said you couldn't talk about it. What I said was we're not going to talk about how it's been going on for years because there's no proof and he was never found guilty by the UIL, so while you may think it happened nobody really knows if it did or not.

To you second point, if you don't like it, go somewhere else and post your crap there...
Is this a public forum?

Question
How is the RS case different than the Tom Bean case in which they received a 3 year ban from postseason?
Both were found guilty of recruiting
They weren't found guilty of recruiting, they were all found guilty of moving for athletic reasons. Since it seemed coordinated with them coming from a private school they got more than one year suspension-- no UIL coach was actually accused of recruiting in the Tom Bean situation

As his son, I am saddened to see such a great man and coach go down like this. It was clear in the room that they had their minds made up. They went strictly off of DEC statement. Didn’t ask the parents, didn’t ask Mullin any questions. Just my Dad. Growing up I’ve spoken on the phone to multiple coaches about things I couldn’t talk to my Dad about. Advice on life decisions. Never have I heard a coach can’t talk to a kid not from his school. This is outrageous and I have lost respect for this sixman community and UIL. I know what type of man my Dad is and everyone who knows him would happily take the stand and testify. No matter what I say, will stop this site from bashing my Dad. My Dad is a great man and a Great Coach that didn’t deserve this.
Difference is you probably already knew those coaches and you weren't possibly moving to their schools. there was no reason for that phone call to be 14 minutes.

I watched the hearing today and what I got out of the hearing was Burkhart was on the phone for 14 minutes talking or listening to the student (we didn't know ) . What I got out of the board members was you should have said by and hung up not staying on the phone for 14 minutes.
Only Burkhart and the student was on that phone call.

Tom Bean situation included homeschool kids, not from a private school, according to a KXII story that quote UIL Executive Committee chair Mike Motheral.

In regards to the students who transferred, Motheral said, “four of them [are] from a neighboring district and three [are] homeschool kids that are all basically the same age, moving school district, which raises a red flag.”

The story link is here: https://www.kxii.com/2022/09/07/uil-penalizes-tom-bean-isd-over-alleged-athletic-recruiting/

The Tom Bean ISD superintendent said that they "strongly denied all recruiting allegations and added, “the district believes these allegations are the result of local resentment following the district’s decision to allow home school students to attend tbisd through the district’s open enrollment policy.”

Must’ve lost to burkhart a few times, I hope after this COMPLETELY GARBAGE decision by the DEC, a bunch of uninformed people who know nothing about the world of six man football or coaching. Completely focused on trying to make burkhart slip up. Crazy what a pot can be stirred by a bunch of LOSERS. Who doesn’t think kids want to go to a school who has shown unmatched levels of success year in and year out, under their own will. Burkhart is guilty of one thing. KICKING SOME A** and y’all are sore and ready for it to be over. This year and when burkhart is back. Richland will be the same.
Probably won't be the same. After this, I am sure they will be under a microscope. One slip up and the hammer will come down.

On another note, I'm glad they didn't penalize the players that are still on that team for something the coach did. That's one of the hardest parts of all of these decisions is trying to not penalize the students. Happens in college ball as well.

Go ahead and delete every post that calls out the truth. We all know how those titles were won. The Burkhart/RS legacy has been permanently stained.

No, it hasn't. It is only stained in the minds of haters that likely got crushed by Burkhart in the past. It's a way to explain away losing. As for those with reasoning skills, this is unfortunate, even embarrassing but justice has been served according to UIL regulations on a SINGULAR event. I am still attempting to watch the meeting (enhancing the audio, very difficult to hear a lot of it). Regardless of what I think about the meeting, the decision has been made. There is no further appeal. There is no need to continue beating the RS dead horse, but I imagine you will try. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back