UIL Executive Committee meeting. Zephyr

Just for clarification, what offense results in ejection as far as a coach is concerned? Does it vary according to the sensitivity of each official?

Does it necessarily include a discussion on the official's maternal lineage? Or his molecular makeup? Or just the condition of his eyesight? Is it because of the persistent complaining coming from the sideline? Is it after the third sideline warning?

FCSA football":2x5efmu5 said:
Response to JasonTx’s quote:
“the only rules we have is that all birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc. must be put off until after the football season is over. Plan your pregnancies accordingly so your new baby isn't born during the Season.”

I was aiming for that to be sarcasm. Our guys know that family and careers should be their priority. Our guys take off on nights their own sons are playing and I fully encourage it. And if the wife isn't happy she won't let you go out next week.

FCSA football":2fa464jy said:
In my 50 years of coaching I had one kid that sustained a devastating injury due to the Officals lack of enforcing the rules.

What would have happened had the rules been enforced? Would the kid still have gotten injured. I think every kid who plays football knows you can't grab and pull a facemask and they continue to somehow still do it along with other fouls even after throwing the flag. Our flags aren't much of a deterrent for kids to not commit fouls. Kids still get airlifted after major injuries and a yellow flag is laying right next to the kid. It does nothing to stop the injury from happening.

Edward Golden":2zpvx214 said:
Future coaches should be required to take officiating classes while going to college. While in this class sign up with a chapter and referee at least two years.

Are you going to pay for it!? While I think officiating in college is a fine idea, some coaches are such bad teachers that you are making the ones that care, such as myself, take more classes. By the time I finished my major (which was not kinesiology) and education classes, I could have graduated but for the minor requirements. To satisfy that, I only needed 2 more classes to minor in English and went that route to save money.

FCSA football":ewglnh97 said:
“the only rules we have is that all birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc. must be put off until after the football season is over. Plan your pregnancies accordingly so your new baby isn't born during the Season.”

In reading your comments I applauded your dedication, however it begs I comment on your quote above.
In the mid 1990’s I was interviewing for a job I really wanted and needed. It was a small base with large commissions. The VP I was interviewing with was expounding on the value of the large commissions verdus “family time” and went on to say that “last Saturday my son was the starting pitcher for his team but I missed it because I made a $ 10,000.00 dollar commission instead.
I sat there a few moments and then said “ My son is dead. I would give every dollar I might ever make to see him play one more game”.
Be careful that your admirable dedication doesn’t cause you to miss out on you kids lives.
Years later I found out that he slowed down significantly and spent more time with his family, which was good because I also found out not too long after that he died of Pancreatic Cancer. Probably was around 48 Yoa.
I understand they had a similar “The only rules we have is that all birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc. must be put off until after the sales season is over. Plan your pregnancies accordingly so your new baby isn't born during the season, However, a lot of good family memories both before and after his diagnosis were made while ignoring the rule.
Memento Mori ..........,, live for your kids and family.

Did the VP you were interviewing with lose his son or did you lose your son. Not trying to be a jerk just trying to understand the story.

I lost my oldest son in 1994.
You never expect to survive your kids.
It’s something that is with you every day. So the memories are what sustains you.

FCSA football":2dbhjf4f said:

In reading your comments I applauded your dedication, however it begs I comment on your quote above.
In the mid 1990’s I was interviewing for a job I really wanted and needed. It was a small base with large commissions. The VP I was interviewing with was expounding on the value of the large commissions verdus “family time” and went on to say that “last Saturday my son was the starting pitcher for his team but I missed it because I made a $ 10,000.00 dollar commission instead.
I sat there a few moments and then said “ My son is dead. I would give every dollar I might ever make to see him play one more game”.
Be careful that your admirable dedication doesn’t cause you to miss out on you kids lives.
Years later I found out that he slowed down significantly and spent more time with his family, which was good because I also found out not too long after that he died of Pancreatic Cancer. Probably was around 48 Yoa.
I understand they had a similar “The only rules we have is that all birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc. must be put off until after the sales season is over. Plan your pregnancies accordingly so your new baby isn't born during the season, However, a lot of good family memories both before and after his diagnosis were made while ignoring the rule.
Memento Mori ..........,, live for your kids and family.

* I respect you even more after reading this. I've lost over 10 friends in a matter of less than 10 years, not too mention family. It hurts deep, and I admire how you dealt with it. It took me 2 years to get over my fathers death and two of my best friends. I'm expecting more as my grandparents are getting older as one of my grandmas is 92, moms side, grandpa dealing with dementia, grandma is blind. Makes me want to help when I cant. What can you do?

Back