Throckmorton vs Calvert

Caprock kid":35un2fsd said:
Hijacked..........Which is all post on here come to be now. Does anyone one realize that we are the only classification with our own web site?
Im too new to know much but i know theres only so much serious discussion that can be made of one football game (my team is better etc) but unlimited opportunities for fun. Isnt football supposed to be a game

smokeyjoe53":190mrwti said:
Dear elderly Gustav,
Football is serious binness. No place here for fun.........

Damn right. I'm worried. Can Throck contain Calvert's speed, will that speed contain Throck?

This game will come down to momentum. Both teams have a tendency to ride their momentum to the finish line. Throckmorton really hasn't been tested all season. May is the only team to score 40+ against them, which is a common opponent for these two, and Calvert gave up 21 to them. Both teams beat May, but in very different ways. If Throck can come out and dominate early, and push the Calvert team around, they'll win the game. If Calvert can sustain the early surge, and allow their athleticism and conditioning to take over in the second half, Calvert will win. Two totally different approaches, but both obviously very effective. Throck will need to try and push Calvert around up front. I think Calvert's adjustments to their secondary over the last month or so, is showing with teams lack of success on the deep passes. Farquhar is typically a tough match up for most teams in the middle. At 6'6, he should be against just about everyone. However, watching JaQuan Thompson play safety the past two years, he has improved with every single game. the kid is just a sophomore and I've watched him completely handle the middle of the field against Trinidad, Jonesboro and Richland Springs. He's only around 5'8 or 5'9, but so athletic and hits with reckless abandonment. I think that will be a great matchup to watch. Good luck to Mallory and Wortham. Both are here for a reason and I wish both schools the best of luck. Can't wait to see this game!

Like I said, it depends on the weather:) If its dry or just wet, it'll be a closer game. If its raining/windy, throck will rock, but that doesn't mean their unbeatable. Calvert will just have to reach a little deeper in the mojo jar.

Good luck to both!!

Throck all the way to state just like Dallas Carter in the 1988 state game. Except a 45'ing I know I said 30 before but rethinking everything Throck will win big.

Throck 48 Calvert 48 3rd quarter
Lots of flags whew
Throck 54 Calvert 48
Throck 54 Calvert 54
Throck 62 Calvert 56
End of the 3rd quarter
Throck 62 Calvert 64 4th quarter
Throck 70 Calvert 64
Throck 76 Calvert 64
Throck 76 Calvert 72

Back