RS vs Calvert ?

Calvert had no discipline #18 giving fans the finger and at one point actually put his hands on a ref complaining about being thrown to the ground while everyone else had taken a knee. Calvary back up spread back threw an interception in the end zone and just watched as it was returned I believe for a touchdown. With some hustle discipline and heart he could have at least attempted to stop the runner. The game was street ball versus fundamentals.

6man, If you called Calvert a discipline football team, than you must be one of the coaches. Truly from the opening kickoff we witnessed teammate after teammate separating and pulling #18, and #15 away from a Richland player. I witnessed #7 on the last play of the game take a cheap shot, and hit a kid directly in the back. What we witnessed wasn't emotional football, we witnessed a team that was unpredictable, not prepared and a display of zero discipline.

obagain":1vn29hnr said:
Only Milford gave them a full game.
They did so without their best defensive lineman and a receiver who broke his foot at practice the week of the game.
# 3 is a liability on defense, Calvert showed that, he can't cover.
If milfords receiver was healthy he could have had 300 yards receiving in that game.
I expect Crowell to have 600 yards in the air against rs.

Let me start with a $1000 bet on that!
You want some or you going to keep talking out the side of your neck?

obagain":2qkcaip1 said:
They did so without a receiver who broke his foot at practice the week of the game.

If milfords receiver was healthy he could have had 300 yards receiving in that game.
OB, those JV players usually don't make a very big impact in a playoff game.

If, if, if, but, but, but! Same song we have heard over and over and over
through the years!

Let me try my version:

2001- IF the Coyotes kicker would not have got hurt, we would have beat Whittharrel in Sweetwater for STATE.
2002- IF the Coyotes kicker (again) would not have got hurt, we would have beat Calvert in Gatesville and went on the beat Sanderson for STATE.
2003- IF the referee would have blown his whistle one second earlier on the last play of the game, we would have beat Strawn in Brownwood and went on to beat Fort Davis for STATE.
2005 - IF wind had not been blowing 116 miles per hour, we would have beat Throckmorton in Breckenridge and went on to beat Valley for STATE.
2008- IF our receiver doesn't go down with a broken collar bone and Hico grounds keepers would have not mowed the grass so short, we would have beat Strawn in Hico and went on to beat Follett for STATE.
2009 - IF our spread back doesn't go down with a broke leg, we would have beat Strawn in Early and went on to beat Garden City for STATE.
2013 - IF our team doesn't surrender a 20+ point halftime lead, we would have beat Calvert in Hico and went on to beat Grandfalls for STATE.
2014 - IF our team doesn't surrender a 20+ point halftime lead (again), we would have beat Calvert in Hico and went on to beat Groom for STATE.

Damn, by my calculations, IF we could just erase 8 IF's, the COYOTES would be 15 time STATE CHAMPIONS!! And consecutive at that!

Bill O'Rielly":2gd0bt0v said:
through the years!

Let me try my version:

2001- IF the Coyotes kicker would not have got hurt, we would have beat Whittharrel in Sweetwater for STATE.
2002- IF the Coyotes kicker (again) would not have got hurt, we would have beat Calvert in Gatesville and went on the beat Sanderson for STATE.
2003- IF the referee would have blown his whistle one second earlier on the last play of the game, we would have beat Strawn in Brownwood and went on to beat Fort Davis for STATE.
2005 - IF wind had not been blowing 116 miles per hour, we would have beat Throckmorton in Breckenridge and went on to beat Valley for STATE.
2008- IF our receiver doesn't go down with a broken collar bone and Hico grounds keepers would have not mowed the grass so short, we would have beat Strawn in Hico and went on to beat Follett for STATE.
2009 - IF our spread back doesn't go down with a broke leg, we would have beat Strawn in Early and went on to beat Garden City for STATE.
2013 - IF our team doesn't surrender a 20+ point halftime lead, we would have beat Calvert in Hico and went on to beat Grandfalls for STATE.
2014 - IF our team doesn't surrender a 20+ point halftime lead (again), we would have beat Calvert in Hico and went on to beat Groom for STATE.

Damn, by my calculations, IF we could just erase 8 IF's, the COYOTES would be 15 time STATE CHAMPIONS!! And consecutive at that!

Dear Bill 2002 i question,i was there,Heck of a game could have went either way,,Was that the yr the Hicks boy played? I was in San Angelo when Calvert somehow ,someway won that state game,they had some big fast young men

Dear Bill 2005 in Breckenridge i was there as well ,correct me but Tyler was young,but still one of the best at the time,,Throckmorton was the better team that night.

Now 2014 in Hico,No-Brainer there,I was there Calvert by far that year was the better team,that was a day game if im thinking right? And it was Throckmorton the next week that rs would have had to beat? Correct me if im wrong,they had the 6ft9in kid

All the others u quoted yes i will agree
But can we agree if and but if Calvert's stud would'nt have got hurt,2016 game would not have been a 45?
Btw goob had me on radio after the game,i made my way to congrats RS on a well earned victory,

Before I done begin, sumbody done answer thiz...when have I done been wrong in football analysis? Now not all the jacking round and giving people a hard time, but foot ball analysis...

Goob":3juldxda said:
Before I done begin, sumbody done answer thiz...when have I done been wrong in football analysis? Now not all the jacking round and giving people a hard time, but foot ball analysis...
Goob, I will done begin with this here. You are the analyzer of all analyzers. How is that for a start?

Markf, missed visiting with you. As far as the 2002 game goes, our kicker had broke his foot the week before and we left 14 points on the table, seven missed extra points in that game. The Trojans beat us by a score of 57 to 60. So I would say there's a pretty big if on the 2002 year. And as far as the San Angelo game Sanderson lost a key player named Paul Green. He went out with a possible concussion I believe early in the second quarter. He was an animal on defense. Sanderson was fixing to shut that game out.

oldfat&bald":kztnpyzg said:
Sean Hannity":kztnpyzg said:
oldfat&bald":kztnpyzg said:
Sean Hannity":kztnpyzg said:
I'll go with the over. And I'll take Calvert and give 8 points.

How much are you willing to risk?

If they still played the games in Abilene like they should, I'd make you buy me a steak at Joe Allen's.
Sounds like two wagers to me. Since state game is at AT&T would you just like to just go 100 on each?

I think Goob would tell you gambling for money is a sin. I know my mom would. Let's just say if I'm right I'll get to brag. If I'm wrong, you will.[/quote]
Ok, I guess I can brag now. Too bad gambling is a sin. Sure could Have used the $200. Best to you OFB

markf":1run90fq said:
Bill O'Rielly":1run90fq said:
through the years!

Let me try my version:

Dear Bill 2002 i question,i was there,Heck of a game could have went either way,,Was that the yr the Hicks boy played? I was in San Angelo when Calvert somehow ,someway won that state game,they had some big fast young men

Dear Bill 2005 in Breckenridge i was there as well ,correct me but Tyler was young,but still one of the best at the time,,Throckmorton was the better team that night.

Now 2014 in Hico,No-Brainer there,I was there Calvert by far that year was the better team,that was a day game if im thinking right? And it was Throckmorton the next week that rs would have had to beat? Correct me if im wrong,they had the 6ft9in kid

All the others u quoted yes i will agree
But can we agree if and but if Calvert's stud would'nt have got hurt,2016 game would not have been a 45?
Btw goob had me on radio after the game,i made my way to congrats RS on a well earned victory,

ABSOLUTLEY and TOTALLY will NOT agree with you. The Coyotes would have still ended the game with the 45 point mercy rule with #7 healthy.
The media over hyped #7 and that didn't help his humblenes.
I think he said, "I've never been tackled solo since a freshman and it's way to easier now".
His words, not mine.
Here's the link:
https://youtu.be/40N981zgUN8

I think he might have been humbled Friday night.

freelancer":sj6kqvuf said:
Markf, missed visiting with you. As far as the 2002 game goes, our kicker had broke his foot the week before and we left 14 points on the table, seven missed extra points in that game. The Trojans beat us by a score of 57 to 60. So I would say there's a pretty big if on the 2002 year. And as far as the San Angelo game Sanderson lost a key player named Paul Green. He went out with a possible concussion I believe early in the second quarter. He was an animal on defense. Sanderson was fixing to shut that game out.

14 pts on the table.. so shoulda been 71-60?? how?

also.. is goob the guy that the richland springs youtube series is about?

My hat's off to you Mr Hannity. You get to brag. I still ain't taking Goob up on that offer for a guided tour of Vegas. I wouldn't mind seeing a video of it though.

Back