RS vs Calvert ?

CT6MFL":268i7wz6 said:
Im going to predict that over 140 points will be scored in this game

I don't think your that far off.

Milford had a shot but made some mistakes. Rs had their share, maybe just not as many. Milfords Defense didn't settle in until about mid way in the second quarter.

1) Yes Calvert needs to be in the game from the go. A slow start would not go well for the Trojans.
2) Calvert also has to be ready for smash mouth football. The Coyotes are not much on razeldazel and very well known for blocking till the whistle blows.

Good luck to both teams.

My first thought when I read Smokey's post was, nah, Calvert 102-100.
I don't remember a 200 point game this year. Why not?

Elmo":2y3g842i said:
These two have met for many of years, does anyone have the scores of the games played? and years they played each others.
Also most of these contest have been close the few I've attended with the Trojans out scoring RS but getting defeated because of missed extra point. The 3 phases of the game needed for victory!

Also stat people, has the winner of this game gone on the win State every year.
I'll be in the house with friends attending the game and expect a pack house for this contest.
Looking forward to meeting old friends from both sides of the field. Hope buy a new shirt will the trailer be their?
My prediction a really close game, great contest for the players and coaches, and everyone be safe in your travels.
Happy thanks giving to all and be thankful to others.

And this thread should be hot topic for D2 people of the east.

2014 Calvert 64 Richland Springs 46
2013 Calvert 43 Richland Springs 28
2011 Richland Springs 72 Calvert 22
2010 Richland Springs 66 Calvert 58
2007 Richland Springs 76 Calvert 26
2006 Richland Springs 52 Calvert 14
2003 Richland Springs 48 Calvert 26
2002 Calvert 60 Richland Springs 57

Old Bearkat":5tg779sf said:
Elmo":5tg779sf said:
These two have met for many of years, does anyone have the scores of the games played? and years they played each others.
Also most of these contest have been close the few I've attended with the Trojans out scoring RS but getting defeated because of missed extra point. The 3 phases of the game needed for victory!

I'll be in the house with friends attending the game and expect a pack house for this contest.
Looking forward to meeting old friends from both sides of the field. Hope buy a new shirt will the trailer be their?
My prediction a really close game, great contest for the players and coaches, and everyone be safe in your travels.

2014 Calvert 64 Richland Springs 46
2013 Calvert 43 Richland Springs 28
2011 Richland Springs 72 Calvert 22
2010 Richland Springs 66 Calvert 58
2007 Richland Springs 76 Calvert 26
2006 Richland Springs 52 Calvert 14
2003 Richland Springs 48 Calvert 26
2002 Calvert 60 Richland Springs 57

Games Played @
2014 - Hico
2013 - Hico
2011 - Hico
2010 - Moody
2007 - Lampasas
2006 - Gatesville
2003 - Gatesville
2002 - Gatesville
All above games have been 3rd round matchups except 2013.

To your other question, about the winning team going on to win state:
2002 - Calvert
2006 - RS
2007 - RS
2010 - RS
2011 - RS

Elmo":b1wmyx96 said:

Yes sir! The Coyote Game Day Trailer will be under the big oak tree and open from 5:30 - kickoff.
We got just about anything you want. From Game Guard button up shirts, t-shirts, caps, hoodies, thunder sticks, trashcans, window stickers, toboggans, yeti cups, car flags, 3'x5' flags and we accept credit & debt cards.
Hope you stop by.

Also the COYOTE NATION will be having their Tailgate Party in the N/NW end of the stadium from 4;30pm-?.
The Coyote Flag will be flying high and the ribs will be smoking!

Sean Hannity":41tin490 said:
oldfat&bald":41tin490 said:
Sean Hannity":41tin490 said:
Leman Saunders":41tin490 said:

I'd like to have some of that action. I'll take the under.

I'll go with the over. And I'll take Calvert and give 8 points.

How much are you willing to risk?

If they still played the games in Abilene like they should, I'd make you buy me a steak at Joe Allen's.

Plan to drive the 200+ miles to see this game.
Can anybody tell me the size of the stadium, when do the gates open,
How early should we get there, will there be reserved or open seating,
Closest hotels in the area, best place to eat, etc?

oldfat&bald":15f5uauy said:
Sean Hannity":15f5uauy said:
oldfat&bald":15f5uauy said:
Sean Hannity":15f5uauy said:
Leman Saunders":15f5uauy said:

If they still played the games in Abilene like they should, I'd make you buy me a steak at Joe Allen's.
Sounds like two wagers to me. Since state game is at AT&T would you just like to just go 100 on each?

Sean Hannity":135l3dvn said:
oldfat&bald":135l3dvn said:
oldfat&bald":135l3dvn said:

Sounds like two wagers to me. Since state game is at AT&T would you just like to just go 100 on each?

I think Goob would tell you gambling for money is a sin. I know my mom would. Let's just say if I'm right I'll get to brag. If I'm wrong, you will.

Look for me under the oak tree wearing my make America great again hat,i will take ya,lls wager money,good luck finding me when the game is over

FCSA football":3qlpc9fd said:
Plan to drive the 200+ miles to see this game.
Can anybody tell me the size of the stadium, when do the gates open,
How early should we get there, will there be reserved or open seating,
Closest hotels in the area, best place to eat, etc?

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=173

One motel in town. Several in Stephenville 20 miles away to the northwest.

Burgers at the game are excellent. Flame grilled, local beef I was told years ago.

I'm coming up from Austin for this one. Do I need to worry about a sell out? Would hate to drive 2-1/2 hours and have to peek over the fence.

I think Goob would tell you gambling for money is a sin. I know my mom would. Let's just say if I'm right I'll get to brag. If I'm wrong, you will.[/quote]

Ok OFB. Good enough

I found out from the city that the stadium seats 1800 on the home side and 1200 on the visitors side, there is one hotel and a number of restaurants in town.
So anyone want to guess if more than 3000 people will be there?

headspeed":2vdgp9yr said:
I'm coming up from Austin for this one. Do I need to worry about a sell out? Would hate to drive 2-1/2 hours and have to peek over the fence.

There will be plenty of room,Glen Rose has hotels as well as Stephenville..

It's probably one of the 2 best games of the year, the other being Richland- Milford. But as to being the state championship game, no that will be in a couple of weeks. Don't belittle the other teams who make it to the title game. They work hard for that opportunity.............

Concerning that gambling...it done mite be a sin, but if yew iz ever goin' to Vegas fer the first time and need a tour guide, I iz yur feller...

Back