RS vs Calvert ?

andrew8798":1mid1hxb said:
He got hurt

long time no talk to andrew,how u been?

Yes #7 got hurt,Sad to see a player with so much running talent be shut down and forced to pass and pass only,The game would have been much closer had he not got hurt,Calvert could not stop RS running game,RS had problems stopping the deep pass with #7 in the shotgun knowing he was going to pass after halftime ,RS excellent on PATS as normal...Love me some Hico...straightshooter-goob very nice to talk to you,,Good luck next week..

markf":3f9q470s said:
andrew8798":3f9q470s said:
He got hurt

long time no talk to andrew,how u been?

Yes #7 got hurt,Sad to see a player with so much running talent be shut down and forced to pass and pass only,The game would have been much closer had he not got hurt,Calvert could not stop RS running game,RS had problems stopping the deep pass with #7 in the shotgun knowing he was going to pass after halftime ,RS excellent on PATS as normal...Love me some Hico...straightshooter-goob very nice to talk to you,,Good luck next week..

Not too bad just keep out of trouble these days.

Like I told a friend you have play a perfect game to beat this RS team

I'll give it to Cherry and his boys, they came to ball. They came out after halftime with some hellacious heart and fire. Their desire to win was never in question. Reminded me of the old Calvert teams almos with the fire they hadt, but discipline and year long experienced coaching proved itself to be the determining factors tonight. Heart and discipline shall continue to prevail!

That being said, from a players point of view, we never had anything but the utmost respect for Calvert because they were both strong, hungry, talented, and classy. All attributes coming from the mutual respect for each other knowing it was gonna be a dogfight battle of heart. For future reference for both sides of the stands, if a kid is down, you should keep your mouth shut and let the coaches/trainers do their best to assist the kid from
EITHER team.

Folks talk about Cherry and his Calvert team coming to play and YES they did without a doubt!

But, how about Coach Burkhart and his team coming to play!?
RS taking the #2 team in the state "behind the 'ol wood shed!

When number 7 went out on Calvert's third possession the game changed significantly.
On their first possession, Calvert marched down the field and tied the game. On their second possession,
Calvert hurt themselves badly with a major penalty and then a turnover which RS turned into
Another touchdown and a 24-8 lead.
Then as Calvert was moving the ball again number 7 went down on a carry and had to leave the game.
At that point the game was pretty much over for Calvert. Without 7, they were not a number 2 team.
They were a totally different team. Tentative, mistakes, missed opportunities, their confidence gone.
Not to take anything away from either team, but without number 7 healthy and in the lineup it just wasn't
The game it could have been. Was it overhyped? I don't think so. It's just that with your number one player
out, or barely mobile when he is in, Calvert was not at 100%. I believe coach Burkhart would say the same.
Injuries are a part of the game and can certainly change the outcome. When one of your starting six is out
it takes its toll. Bottom line, with number 7 in the game and healthy you have a different outcome. Would Calvert have won? I don't think so. But I believe the final score would have been close and the game would have gone the distance.
Here's to RS, Congratulations, stay healthy and on to State!

Total domination from top to bottom. One team prepared to play, the other team in my opinion NOT prepared to play. I sat on Calvert side, and I witnessed players cussing, throwing equipment, and yes they threw the deep ball also. I witnessed fans displaying zero respect for there coaches, and players. If I was one of the five Coaches on the Calvert sidelines I would have asked, first that several fans be removed, and I would have removed #18, 15, and 2 myself. Game was never in doubt, but if #7 was healthy it would have been closer.

Mlp3601":2f6h4jcw said:
Total domination from top to bottom. One team prepared to play, the other team in my opinion NOT prepared to play. I sat on Calvert side, and I witnessed players cussing, throwing equipment, and yes they threw the deep ball also. I witnessed fans displaying zero respect for there coaches, and players. If I was one of the five Coaches on the Calvert sidelines I would have asked, first that several fans be removed, and I would have removed #18, 15, and 2 myself. Game was never in doubt, but if #7 was healthy it would have been closer.

You cant punish boys for being emotional??? Yes, you can if they are doing the wrong thing. I was very disappointed in the sportsmanship shown to the opposing coaches and players. Fans should not yell at the other teams coaches and call them negative names. This was unacceptable.

Only Milford gave them a full game.
They did so without their best defensive lineman and a receiver who broke his foot at practice the week of the game.
# 3 is a liability on defense, Calvert showed that, he can't cover.
If milfords receiver was healthy he could have had 300 yards receiving in that game.
I expect Crowell to have 600 yards in the air against rs.

That's a fairly astute observation. I was on the sideline for both teams and there was a world of difference between the two.

My impressions:
Even before the kick, Calvert was unhappy with their sideline judge. I overheard one of the coaches said something to that effect over their headset. That situation deteriorated immediately throughout the first quarter.

Calvert looked rattled when RS scored with ease on the first possession. A couple of players were down and chirping after that. When the ball was stripped on their next possession, it escalated.

The game was physical. Big hits by both sides. Tippie (RS #3) even came off the field after one hit. RS was looking to strip the ball on every tackle. Both teams were wearing down.

That is not a 45-point game with JaQuan (#7) in there. RS still wins, but it's not a 45. The bottom line was that Calvert couldn't stop RS offense. They scored 11 tds (9 off and 2 special teams).

I felt like #13 (Trevon) did a great job in there as QB when JaQuan was out. He's a great runner and did a fine job dumping off passes to Christon (#14) and Jordan (#18). Their advantage is getting one-on-one in the open field and RS did a good job of disrupting that.

Jordan flipped off the RS faithful and got an earful from the side judge after they taunted his with chants of, "nice tackle 18" after he missed one in the 3rd quarter.

As for the comment about the fans... that's why coaches wear headsets ;)

It was a battle. RS was better.

Back