Throck Vs. B.C.

I will say that both teams deserve to be where they are and they seem to be equally matched. I think it's comes down to which team makes the most mistakes. They are close enough in skill that it will be a great matchup. No prediction here.

Yep, should be a barn-burner . . . although attempting to compare scores can be "Fool's Gold", a little research tells us that BC beat Valley last night 61-56 . . . Throckmorton beat Valley 65-62 in Week Zero in Hico. There are no other common opponents, but BC split 2 competitive games with Rankin (lost 38-26 first game of the year, but avenged that loss in the playoffs 36-32) . . . Rankin beat Fort Davis 80-34 (don't know the details on that game) and Throckmorton went out to Fort Davis and played a Saturday morning game, winning 104-82. I heard that Coach Reed rotated players freely in that game, as he wanted to play an entire game to justify the long trip out there.

All of that and some spare change might get you a cup of coffee (as long as you're not going to Starbucks) . . . I may just have to hook up my buggy and cruise out to Abilene next Saturday.

Bordon County and Throckmorton should be a great game. I truly wish, not in just 6man but also all divisions, they could start seeding.
It's a shame when 9 of the top 10 teams are in the same side of the bracket. Bordon County will be more battle tested than Throckmorton
going into the Championship game, which could give them a slight advantage.

I know the reason for not seeding is financial, it's just a shame they can't do it. It's sad when the #1 and #2 teams meet in the second or 3rd round.

TheRef59":14lnlklq said:
It's sad when the #1 and #2 teams meet in the second or 3rd round.

Based on what? A computer program that compares scores and teams played? That's part of my "Fool's Gold" opening statement, the game is played on the field and as far as I know, only one of the participants is undefeated.

Building a program to last means making sure underclassmen get some playing time, not how many teams you can "45" . . . and as for the schedule, Throckmorton has probably had more cancellations over the years than most schools (even paying the expenses of a team to travel all the way from the Beaumont area, just so they could have an opponent for homecoming after 2 previous cancellations).

Borden County may win . . . but I'll bet when the final gun sounds, the winner will acknowledge that they have been in one helluva ball game!

Back