Thoughts on Coach Lee to aquilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like any information on Coach Lee has dried up. CougarNation hasn't posted any pictures of Coach Lee driving in to Aquilla either.
'

Everyone Knows More":27zvooes said:
Who looks bad in this Lee-Aquilla circus?
Strawn. What school buys out the superintendent contract after renewing it in January and offers the football coach the job? Sounds like something the Milford school board would do.

Texlonghorn75":2p1bqrba said:
Seems like any information on Coach Lee has dried up. CougarNation hasn't posted any pictures of Coach Lee driving in to Aquilla either.
'

Oh Wow! This is interesting. But wait I thought Lee had already went down to Aquilla and talked to the Aquilla kids about plans for the future?

looks like things changed, I guess we can assume that Burkhart will be Superintendent at Richland soon. Only in West Texas! oh well, I heard Cervantes is who you want anyway.

Mexican Englishman":3mj7qzum said:
looks like things changed, I guess we can assume that Burkhart will be Superintendent at Richland soon. Only in West Texas! oh well, I heard Cervantes is who you want anyway.
Well, we can certainly vote for Cervantes. Surprised he didn't want to stay at Strawn to begin with even with Lee leaving. (Drop off the key Lee. Make a new plan Stan)? Guess he is not ready for the Big Time. Strawn is not saying anything much and neither is Aquilla. I guess we have to tune in to Texas 6 to find the ending to this soap opera. Burkhart for superintendent? Strange times.

Texlonghorn75 said:
Mexican Englishman said:
Well, we can certainly vote for Cervantes. Surprised he didn't want to stay at Strawn to begin with even with Lee leaving. (Drop off the key Lee. Make a new plan Stan)? Guess he is not ready for the Big Time. Strawn is not saying anything much and neither is Aquilla. I guess we have to tune in to Texas 6 to find the ending to this soap opera. Burkhart for superintendent? Strange times.

With Lee moving to Superintendent, why doesn’t Aquilla push to get Ball in?

Everyone Knows More said:
Texlonghorn75 said:
Mexican Englishman said:

My information says this evening is the vote and decision on Strawn's football coach and/or superintendent. Unless you have heard from school board members directly that is the word on the street. Dominoes fall in place then.

Texlonghorn75 said:
Texlonghorn75 said:
Mexican Englishman said:

My information says this evening is the vote and decision on Strawn's football coach and/or superintendent. Unless you have heard from school board members directly that is the word on the street. Dominoes fall in place then.

Fire them then!

Lee gets approved as Super tonight. His wife will be promoted to AD.
He was never leaving. It’s always about the money and Aquila was the leverage he needed.

There were undoubtedly some big decisions being made behind the scenes. No one faults anyone for the choices made. I imagine this has not been easy. I only wish our kids had not been dragged into it. There was no reason for a team of coaches to meet with student-athletes, knowing that they were never going to keep their end of the bargain. For that reason alone, and learning their character in the brief encounters that we've had, I would like to believe that their intentions weren't to burn us. It still sucks to be back at square one with much less calendar left to work with...

CougarNation said:
There were undoubtedly some big decisions being made behind the scenes. No one faults anyone for the choices made. I imagine this has not been easy. I only wish our kids had not been dragged into it. There was no reason for a team of coaches to meet with student-athletes, knowing that they were never going to keep their end of the bargain. For that reason alone, and learning their character in the brief encounters that we've had, I would like to believe that their intentions weren't to burn us. It still sucks to be back at square one with much less calendar left to work with...

Do you love your administration at Aquilla?

CougarNation said:

I love my community. Aquilla High is very special to me. I am sure most posting here are posting because they are passionate about six-man and their hometowns.

CougarNation said:
CougarNation said:

I love my community. Aquilla High is very special to me. I am sure most posting here are posting because they are passionate about six-man and their hometowns.

Typical Aquilla, hide behind the bush and not address the issue.

CougarNation said:
CougarNation said:

Typical Aquilla, hide behind the bush and not address the issue.

I’m sorry that you feel that way. I’m certainly not going to jump on here and bash anyone for something that I don’t know the details of. If that’s typical of me, then I’m sorry to disappoint anyone.

I’m with you on the kids being dragged into it. Sucks for them. Can’t fault someone for bettering themselves financially or otherwise but this is his MO. This same type situation has happened several times. Threatens to leave only to get a raise at the expense of the betterment of the educational system of the school. So maybe that speaks to character I don’t know. Strawn has been through this before. He has been the principal and was going to be the super once before. Same circus same clowns. I don’t have a dog in the fight (pardon the pun), but I wish good luck to both Aquila and Strawn going forward.

-the Villain

Roscoe, I appreciate you candor and insight. I know a little about some of this but not living there in over 10 years now I've been wondering what was going on. Coach Lee's value to the ISD, community and kids is not just about football. He's helped and encouraged so many of those kids over the years, though you can't win them all.

Really enjoyed you as an announcer. You did get excited.

RB

What does a "traditional" superintendent do that Lee cannot do? If he has the qualifications, then I would want him as my school's superintendent. I promise a traditional "superintendent" does not win 4 state rings. Does JB have the qualifications? If so, I think he would be a great superintendent!

The school board meeting that was to be held tonight was cancelled and is scheduled for Monday evening now. I wasn't aware that the coach has leveraged threats of leaving for pay raises in the past. And I feel badly for Aquilla and their students for making a good faith offer to get a coach and wind up just being used. I assume Roscoe's information is correct but until it's official I will just wait and see. Otherwise Karma is alive and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back