Thoughts on Coach Lee to aquilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes without saying that with five teachers/coaches leaving Strawn for Aquilla there will be several contracts(teachers leaving) in Aquilla not renewed. A lot of upheaval for football glory. All this jockeying around would not happen if hiring an outstanding math teacher instead. Pass the popcorn, this will be interesting come football season.

Texlonghorn75":3exty20w said:
It goes without saying that with five teachers/coaches leaving Strawn for Aquilla there will be several contracts(teachers leaving) in Aquilla not renewed. A lot of upheaval for football glory. All this jockeying around would not happen if hiring an outstanding math teacher instead. Pass the popcorn, this will be interesting come football season.

Neither party knows what they just got themselves into. Will be interesting year more so for Aquilla than Strawn.

I'm not going to say much, but wanted to clarify a few misconceptions on this thread.

1. City limit signs and populations are not the same as district enrollment numbers. In Aquilla our city limits are TINY and you will find our school district stretches beyond what most assume it would. (Apparently.)

2. We did not hire 5 teachers.

3. We had teachers resign and or change employment this year as well. So we are already looking for positions to be filled. Theres plenty of room at our table. I promise you that. We have the best Superintendent in Region 12. He literally just received his own award for this. Dr Edison knows his business and business is GOOD!

4. Go, Cougars!

CougarNation":2y53mfrz said:
I'm not going to say much, but wanted to clarify a few misconceptions on this thread.

1. City limit signs and populations are not the same as district enrollment numbers. In Aquilla our city limits are TINY and you will find our school district stretches beyond what most assume it would. (Apparently.)

2. We did not hire 5 teachers.

3. We had teachers resign and or change employment this year as well. So we are already looking for positions to be filled. Theres plenty of room at our table. I promise you that. We have the best Superintendent in Region 12. He literally just received his own award for this. Dr Edison knows his business and business is GOOD!

4. Go, Cougars!

So you yourself has been a part of the Cougar Nation athletic success in the past several years? Do they teach Common denominators at Aquilla?

Everyone Knows More":2nn0at8i said:
Texlonghorn75":2nn0at8i said:

Neither party knows what they just got themselves into. Will be interesting year more so for Aquilla than Strawn.

While I have been trying to keep this thought to myself, the most obvious beneficiary of the situation you described is CBS, as the producers of Texas 6. I bet you money Aquilla plays Strawn next year because it will make for great TV!

Tebow, A game between Aquilla and Strawn would certainly spike interest in sixman football but don't you think Coach Lee would want to avoid possibly getting embarrassed in his first season? Strawn might be down in numbers but from what I saw last season they still show up to play. Would Aquilla show up to play too? As far as CougarNation goes, Dr.Edison being good doesn't always = winning football. Just look at Jerry Jones, he is still wandering in the desert.

Longhorn 75 says:
“ it goes without saying that with five teachers/coaches leaving Strawn for Aquilla there will be several contracts(teachers leaving) in Aquilla not renewed. A lot of upheaval for football glory. All this jockeying around would not happen if hiring an outstanding math teacher instead.

Hummmmmmm....... following that logic it makes you wonder why T U didn’t hire an Outstanding Math prof instead of a high priced flame out football coach .
All this upheaval for football glory!
Just saying.............

Nice to know you are still alive and kicking FCSU. Please update the sixman world on how you know everything about the infamous Cam Newton you watched play football at Blinn years ago. Somehow it makes you special. Hope you are wearing your mask at the keyboard, you are a little paranoid. They are behind you.

Well I’ve bee busy and just recently checked in. You were probably not born yet when I was coaching in the late 70, and early 80’s when I had the opportunity to coach the kids of some people whose names you might have heard since you seem to have an association with T U. How about Chris Gilbert? He had a son playing football down here in those years. Marty Akins, helped me develop our offense. Switching over to that once vaunted power house M&A. Sam Adams, and Seattle Seahawks ring a bell?
It’s been my great honor to know the players and coaches and kids over the last 50+ years of coaching and working with some outstanding athletes and their parents. Ever hear of Sammy Baugh?
Like W.C. Fields used to say “Go away son, you bother me.
“Growing old is mandatory, Growing Up, is optional. Unfortunately I’m afraid I’ll be long dead and gone before you reach that second goal, if ever.
Give it a rest young man, do something good for a kid today. Never expect an acknowledgment or thanks. Do it just because it’s the right thing.
“The things you do for yourself in this life, when you die you take it with you. The things you do for others, you leave behind.
Here is hoping and praying you leave a lot behind.
I Believe you are a good man Charlie Brown.
God Bless you and yours.

PS: I went to all the Blinn Games that year and watched as the Bucs pulled rabbits out of their hats game after game to win. Cam wouldn’t let them lose. The Championship Game in Fort Scott, Ks was awesome. I talked to Cam after the game, on the field and he was gracious and humble as he gave all the credit to the TEAM. Blinn Won on the next to last play of the game.
Coincidentally I talked to the Blinn Championship Coach tonight just before I read your message. He is a fantastic guy that made a difference in Cam’s life and Cam will be the first to tell you that.
Give me a call anytime. If it has to do with kids, I’m always ready to listen.
C. H. Harvey
979-203-6765 (cell)

Well FCSU. I remember Marty Akins when I was at UT. He was a half decent running quarterback but couldn't throw the football a lick. That is why OU put all 12 Aggies(eleven wasn't enough) on the line of scrimmage to stop the run!! Poor Earl Campbell had to bulldoze through all those Aggies. A sight for sore eyes. And Darrell Royal was the coach at that time too. He didn't need a passing game, he thought??? Chris Gilbert had to go get a real job by the time I arrived at the Forty Acres so I never met him. Doug English had a class down the hall from me but I never met him either. UT was then and is now a huge place. You don't meet everyone you see or you never get to class. I think everyone I just mentioned has gotten older and stayed healthy. Some of that fame and glory has faded now. So much for dropping names.

And which NFL Teams did you play for?
I left my number. Call me, I’m not really all that bad of a guy.
I don’t believe you are either.

He’s staying in Strawn.... all this talk has been for nothing. So who’s Aquilla gonna hire now?

I'm not sure whats going on with Aquilla job, but rumor was he was staying at Strawn until the track season was over. The coaches have a few athletes make it to Austin and one of those is a coaches kid. So maybe staying until they are completely done with athletics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back