The Round of Upsets???

Leman Saunders

Six-man expert
I know that the Toy doesn't have many games this week picked to be close...

But looking at the match-ups they just look like they could be good games! Is this the round of games that breaks the Toy???

Which game this week do yall think has the best chance of an "upset" and why?

Calvert leads Jonesboro 5/2 in meetings. Im going with Jonesboro by 2.

oh yea... cause my big toe feels funny...

May is picked to 45 Santa Anna. Santa Anna always seem to bring out their "A" game when they play May. I think May will win this game, But 45 seems like a big spread to me.

I think Leman is fishing for Blackwell over Sands in the upset of the week. It sure could be possible. Just looking at score comparison versus their like opponent of Sterling City, Blackwell gave them a better game.

If Mt. Calm put up 102 last week and RS is picked to 45 them it might be worth seeing. Hico is not that far for me, might see for myself.

Actually I was fishing more for people's thoughts on Mt Calm v RS...or WV v Crowell (stir that pot again!)...or MC v Throck...or Grady v Happy...or Valley v BC...or Ira v GC

All those spreads are kind of large and those are all games that feature top teams really (for the most part)

51eleven":2cmesg3c said:
If Mt. Calm put up 102 last week and RS is picked to 45 them it might be worth seeing. Hico is not that far for me, might see for myself.

My nephews play for Mt. Calm and I have watched games this year with pride admiring the work that the coaches and players have put forth. Great job everyone!

That being said, it's difficult to judge a team's relative performance when you have no benchmark from which to measure. I am VERY excited for this week's game to see where MC stacks up against a quality team. I am cautiously hopeful...MC played in a scrimmage against Calvert and did very well (yes, I know it's a scrimmage) but MC has improved tremendously since the beginning of the season. I believe MC has the player skill and quality coaching necessary to compete at high level, this week will determine if that's accurate or not.

In any case, given the relative youth of the team, I think that MC has nowhere to go but up!

thedude":zmvsno2y said:
51eleven":zmvsno2y said:

My nephews play for Mt. Calm and I have watched games this year with pride admiring the work that the coaches and players have put forth. Great job everyone!

That being said, it's difficult to judge a team's relative performance when you have no benchmark from which to measure. I am VERY excited for this week's game to see where MC stacks up against a quality team. I am cautiously hopeful...MC played in a scrimmage against Calvert and did very well (yes, I know it's a scrimmage) but MC has improved tremendously since the beginning of the season. I believe MC has the player skill and quality coaching necessary to compete at high level, this week will determine if that's accurate or not.

In any case, given the relative youth of the team, I think that MC has nowhere to go but up!

Mt Calm has been on my radar for suprise team of the year since they scrimmaged Calvert. I think they can beat Richland Springs. Stop the spread back and Eliminate all mistakes and they win. Sounds simple but alot of teams have tried.

texmac68":3d2h2cw9 said:
Mt Calm has been on my radar for suprise team of the year since they scrimmaged Calvert. I think they can beat Richland Springs. Stop the spread back and Eliminate all mistakes and they win. Sounds simple but alot of teams have tried.

'stop the spread back and eliminate mistakes' easy-peasy right?! lol

Time after time I've watched MC games this year and identified mistakes/blown coverages etc, but in every case Coach Satcher addresses them and the team executes. I can't say enough how proud I am of them.

The problem is that I grew up playing 11 man, I'm most familiar with that game and have only been exposed to the great 6 man game watching my nephews play. It's been a learning experience for me trying to understand the strategies and nuance that differentiate it from 11 man. I have read on this site all year about the powerhouses of 6 man ball, and I am very excited to see what is considered here to be a top level team and how our young men stack up. Come on Thursday!!

I think Grady beats Happy. Happy won by 8 last year and left a bad taste in Grady's mouth. Grady brought all their kids back and they want some redemption.

Gordon played their best game of the year in week 9 against Strawn. Blown out by May in week 10. Looked kinda average against Newcastle last week. Zephyr is healthy after a couple of early season injuries. The Toy says Gordon by 31; I ain't buying it.....

Back