The Name of the 2nd Round in the 6man Playoffs

Leman Saunders

Six-man expert
This use to be called the Regional round for a long time, but somewhere along the way the structure of the Region's playoff structure changed and now the REAL Regional Game (that crowns the regional champion) is the 3rd round game, also known as the quarter-finals...so the 2nd round is actually called the Area Round...or at least that's what they make me call it for the Dave Campbell's magazine...

Yeah none of the names ever made sense to me. I just call it First Round or Round-of-32, Second Round or Round-of-16, Quarterfinals, Semi-finals, and Championship

Use of the term "bi-district" dates back to ancient times when the natives would select only a single winner from their district. The first round of the playoffs would determine the bi-district champion.

Just imagine the poor aggressed children from back then who were denied their right to be called 'state champion'.

rainjacktx":1igrsxtd said:
Use of the term "bi-district" dates back to ancient times when the natives would select only a single winner from their district. The first round of the playoffs would determine the bi-district champion.

Just imagine the poor aggressed children from back then who were denied their right to be called 'state champion'.
Watch it RJ, the Trophy Police are watching...........

smokeyjoe53":2r2jfaod said:
So theoretically, 2 teams from the same district could be bi-district champions?...............
Only if more than one team goes to the playoffs from each district.
Oh, wait!

Back