The Elite

SiXmAnMaDnEsS

11-man fan
Who would you pick if you had to pick coaches for your sons team? Don't get me wrong, there are TONS of great coaches out there. But if you got to choose a defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator, and head coach who would it be? And for fun, throw in a special teams coach!

And go!

Offensive Coordinator-Ethridge, RS and Follet
Defensive Coordinator-Coach Bigham, Motley County
Head Coach-Tyler, Valley
Special Teams-Mike Reed, T-Rock

You put these minds together, you got a heck of a season coming. Now your opinions.

SiXmAnMaDnEsS":1fvfjcil said:
Who would you pick if you had to pick coaches for your sons team? Don't get me wrong, there are TONS of great coaches out there. But if you got to choose a defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator, and head coach who would it be? And for fun, throw in a special teams coach!

And go!

Offensive Coordinator-Ethridge, RS and Follet
Defensive Coordinator-Coach Bigham, Motley County
Head Coach-Tyler, Valley
Special Teams-Mike Reed, T-Rock

You put these minds together, you got a heck of a season coming. Now your opinions.

And to explain briefly, Ethridge is a genius when it comes to getting in the E.Z., which he has proved time and time again. Bigham is known for tough teams that hit hard on D. Tyler from Valley has been consistently making playoffs for 10 plus years now, and is also known for keeping an authoritarian and calm demeanor. Finally, Reed has produced some of the finest teams in the State, and overlooked are often his onside kicks and aggression towards the ball.

well how about this....

you take YOUR ELITE coaches, put them coaching the east all stars.....
and you take (sorry I don't know names) these coaches listed below and put them in the west and let them coach the west all stars
AND LETS PLAY....

I'm just saying, If you put those coaches in the EAST, would they be AS ELITE with less-er talent in the EAST...
AND I MEAN FAR EAST... Districts 11-12-15

Ira Coach
Water Valley Coach
Follett Coach
Burkhart (Richland Springs)
Vance Jones (Balmorhea)

Honestly,
These are darn good coaching staffs, but YOU BETTER HAVE SOME ELITE TALENT TO GO ALONG WITH IT

being a bit partial, but Coach Ritchy from borden county can be thrown in the mix. he's done a great job this year with a young group to win district 4 this year in D-1.

Burkart and the Borden coach are great coaches, couldn't agree more. I just asked for yalls picks, everyone has a preference! Garden City's coach would be considered as well.

How do you not mention Burkarts name first I mean the man has only won 6 titles. Richey has built BC into one of the top 5 programs in sixman. And Tyler being calm have you seen this guy coach he gets angrier than a copperhead snake on the sidelines. But I do believe the kids feed off that energy and makes them want to play harder. Tyler is definitely one of the top five coaches. Hopefully rainjack won't see that I put that

Coach Lee - Srawn
Coach Tyler - Valley
Coach Bigham - NC
Coach Richey - BC

I don't care where you put them, but if they could all get along, they'd win more rings than you could shake a stick at.

rainjacktx":7bjkgmj4 said:
Coach Lee - Srawn
Coach Tyler - Valley
Coach Bigham - NC
Coach Richey - BC

I don't care where you put them, but if they could all get along, they'd win more rings than you could shake a stick at.

I'd take Jack Shely over Bigham any day of the week. Bigham is a good coach but not at the same level as Jack.

topher80":3eeywoct said:
rainjacktx":3eeywoct said:
Coach Lee - Srawn
Coach Tyler - Valley
Coach Bigham - NC
Coach Richey - BC

I'd take Jack Shely over Bigham any day of the week. Bigham is a good coach but not at the same level as Jack.

Bigham has a ring. I've seen it. He even let me try it on. Bigham is a motivator. And he can kick my butt. Any coach that can kick my butt gets a pass onto my list.

Woo Hoo all my friends thank you for the votes on Jack Shely and my son Jerry Burkhart. Thank you everyone. You don't know how much this means to me. This Coaches mom is in tears and so thankful he has people who sees so much in him. I am so tickled. Each one of you need a kiss from wife from me. I love you guys. God has blessed me with the best of friends. You don't have a clue how much you make my day. God Bless each one of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

topher80":1ftbtopc said:
Jack has two rings. Sorry mate, I'm not buying that Bigham is better than Jack Shely.

If Shely can kick my butt, he is more than welcome on my list.

But really, how many 6-man schools can have 5 coaches? Or 4? Or even 3?

rainjacktx":1hwtieaw said:
topher80":1hwtieaw said:
Jack has two rings. Sorry mate, I'm not buying that Bigham is better than Jack Shely.

I've seen several that have a min of 4 just because the other coaches at the school like basketball or track or whatever are usually assistant football.

wths":3fxquk79 said:
rainjacktx":3fxquk79 said:
topher80":3fxquk79 said:

I've seen several that have a min of 4 just because the other coaches at the school like basketball or track or whatever are usually assistant football.

They have too much money.

To get my dream team on the sidelines, we'd have to have oil, wind, and uranium all hitting at the same time.

You know what? After my head got to thinking about these elite Coaches. My hat and heart is off to all of them. I have a special, Broadcaster from Bryson who loves the game and his boys also. Each Coach has to work their tails off, Their wife's don't get to have Thanksgiving with them, some wives. While the wives are taking the kids to holidays the Coaches are studying plays and whose gonna run this one and whose gonna run that one. Coaches and Wives give so much of their time. Time away from kiddo's, Time from family. In my books Coaches are our kids biggest hero's and the teachers.

MelaniB":2jxvgm5l said:
You know what? After my head got to thinking about these elite Coaches. My hat and heart is off to all of them. I have a special, Broadcaster from Bryson who loves the game and his boys also. Each Coach has to work their tails off, Their wife's don't get to have Thanksgiving with them, some wives. While the wives are taking the kids to holidays the Coaches are studying plays and whose gonna run this one and whose gonna run that one. Coaches and Wives give so much of their time. Time away from kiddo's, Time from family. In my books Coaches are our kids biggest hero's and the teachers.

I wish I had the temperament to be a coach. Short of that gift, I count it a total blessing that I can count the holders of three rings as my friend. It became almost a habit for those coaches to come to my house on Saturday mornings and give me a X's and O's breakdown of what transpired the preceding Friday night. And I felt honored to welcome them each and every week.

I thin we are going to christen our new front door the Archway of Champions.

RJ those Coaches coming by just showed your reputation with them. I bet they wanted to get idea's from you too. That's kind of an honor to have them stopping by your home.

Back