Thanks

MelaniB":3g9bfvdb said:
Ok I'm through with this thread. Good luck to Calvert and Throckmorton.

You should have stuck with this option lady.

I'll reiterate ol' gus, written opinion has no gender. Man, woman, child, it doesn't matter. If you have the wherewithal to get on the message board and run off at the mouth, you own it. She gets on here, spouts off a bunch of crap and then hopes someone will come running in and defend her. Why? Because she's a woman and it's the chivalrous thing to do? It's a screen name ol' gus, you don't even know if "she's" a she. You don't even know if I'm a she. I have no doubt that she's a woman, but you get the point. Better she should take her own advice (see above) and shut up. No, she'd rather play up the "damsel in distress" angle and lavish praise upon anyone that bothers to come to her rescue.

Look man, my logic is irrefutable here. It's the truth and, if you think about it, you know it. I'm 52 years old. I was raised to respect women and my elders. I would never raise my hand to a woman and I still open the door for women. That being said, you get on a football message board that is predominantly men and want to spout off your opinion, you deal with the backlash your opinion brings on. That's my opinion and I will.

WV you taunted me back on this thread. Believe you me I was through. Then you come with the talk the talk and walk the walk speech. Quit tooting your own horn and leave me alone.

I've tried to sit by the sidelines and watch this play itself out.... these things usually do.

Here are a few thoughts:

1. Don't tell people to shut the hell up (that's not necessary)
2. Don't come in and expect everyone to agree with you
3. Wear some thick skin, this is a message board
4. Don't expect everyone to be as smart as you

Listen, I really appreciate all of you. You are all old enough to behave, but also old enough not to go crying if someone doesn't agree with you or hurts your feelings. Yes, people get out of line, but when they do, they usually look like asses.

Bottom line, this is a message board for six-man football fans. If you need a refresher on where the word fan comes from, read this from Wikipedia

Merriam-Webster, the Oxford dictionary and other sources define it as a shortened version of the word fanatic. The word first become popular in reference to baseball enthusiasts. (Fanatic itself, introduced into English around 1550, means "marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion". It comes from the Modern Latin fanaticus, meaning "insanely but divinely inspired". The word originally pertained to a temple or sacred place [Latin fanum, poetic English fane]. The modern sense of "extremely zealous" dates from around 1647; the use of fanatic as a noun dates from 1650.) However, the term "fancy" for an intense liking of something, while being of a different etymology, coincidentally carries a less intense but somewhat similar connotation to "fanatic". The word emerged as an Americanism around 1889.

yes, that happens here sometimes.

Now go talk about football or something

Your absolutely right Granger. This is childish. Were grown up and should act that way. All of us should. Thanks hopefully this is the end of the thread.

No apologies from me. This is the internet. It is genderless. Having internet 'gentlemen' show up and demand I apologize or question my treatment of an internet 'lady' is stupid to the point of being laughable. Certain people on this site enjoy being insulted. Else why would they make 6-7 additional posts after saying they have said the last they are going to say on a given thread?

If I had a dime for every time I was told to leave the site, or shut up - I'd have a pocket full of dimes.

"Fanatic" can also be used to describe people who are against some thing, or a specific team, or said fans of a specific team. I watched the latter scenario breakout twice in the last month while watching a couple of college football games.

6-Man is a game. I am internet battery acid to those with frail sensibilities. Nothing has changed in the 12+ years I've been a member.

Yes your right this is on the world wide internet but with each message board there are moderators that lay out the rules. There is never any cause for us to be rude to one another, man or woman. This site belongs to Granger and he's made the rules. He has all right to erase your IP at will. Knowing him for 2005-2006 I've seen banned people many times from being rude.

Little Doc":1huy2thg said:
Well, rainjack, I have to say it,"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!"

No, you don't have to say anything. You made a willful choice. And in exercising that choice you became the poster boy for speaking and removing all doubt.

Then you blamed the devil for your folly.

Own your actions, son. I did. Unapologetically.

Anybody on here seen my fiddle, er ah violin? This song in my head needs accompaniment.
If heartaches and shame brought world wide acclaim, I'd be a legend in my mind...
Go Hounds. Go Tigers.

51eleven":hmhxhvy9 said:
Anybody on here seen my fiddle, er ah violin? This song in my head needs accompaniment.
If heartaches and shame brought world wide acclaim, I'd be a legend in my mind...
Go Hounds. Go Tigers.

No heartaches or pain on this side. Projecting again?

Nah OF&B i think he's talkin' about real cowboys like me, cowboys from west Texas, McCulloch County and westward, not them flatlander dust eaters from north of I 20. Them are just farmers. And all you yahoo's east of there, your still just yahoo's.
PS. Bring it..........

westexasflats":asgl7rf4 said:
Nah OF&B i think he's talkin' about real cowboys like me, cowboys from west Texas, McCulloch County and westward, not them flatlander dust eaters from north of I 20. Them are just farmers. And all you yahoo's east of there, your still just yahoo's.
PS. Bring it..........

I must chuckle at your use of I-20 as any sort of dividing line. That does nothing but show an East Texas bias, which any real cowman would spot as a put on.

Regardless, I'll challenge anyone to work the caprock breaks in the panhandle, and say they've worked harder.
I was taught never to brag about being a cowboy. But maybe I was just brought up to a higher standard, IDK.

rainjacktx":343ecpen said:
51eleven":343ecpen said:
Go Hounds. Go Tigers.

No heartaches or pain on this side. Projecting again?

Not Hardly. Just a little sarcasm if I have to splain' Lucy. Ya know, sing me a sad song to accompany the crap?
Coming on here to bash a little old lady from Cowtown that comes on here to support her kid and grand kids from RS. Get some kind of a life.
I have to admit I quit reading this thread after a few posts. Melani does digress sometimes. I'm not apologizing for her, never met her. I ignored the thread. Then I saw wet john post on it and figured it couldn't be good.
What's the point? If you want to get on here and commiserate with the good fans of Valley and Siverton or other area teams go for it. I've never seen them respond to your comment's much.
If it's ok with Ganger that she rambles, it's his site. Others certainly do on a couple of other threads.
Regarding Football, Go Hounds, Go Tigers.

Back