Teams to watch.

90sLegend

11-man fan
Early on in the season quite a few teams have surprised. Sleeper teams have emerged as threats and power houses have disappointed. But thats football.
Gorman, The biggest surprise in all of sixman for this year is Gorman. I knew they would be good this year but i dont see anyone beating them this year at all... They have dynamic speed and a very explosive offense and just enough size to give jonesboro and borden county a run for there money late in the season.

Zephyr, i Really like this Zephyr team, i still havent seen enough tape to see what it is exactly that they do best, but i see them hanging in there and making it a ball game against richland this week.

Milford, Milford had a great week 1 against abbott but they lost there QB to a broken hand. I said they werent tough enough last week but against joneboro they proved the opposite, They started off the game with a fumble and pick 6. But once they got settled into the game they completely shutdown Jonesboros offense. and they had the ball on the 1 yard line with 3 minutes left down 16-20 with a chance to score but jonesboro D made a great stand. But if milford had one of there better players #2 (QB) i think they blow jonesboro out.. They offense showed it can be stopped but all the problems seem fixable, I see them getting hot and 45ing there opponents in atleast 5 straight games and getting back up to that #2 spot... Keep your eye on milford.

Joneboro, Jonesboros coaching is by far one of the best in 6 man this year, They won a huge game in milford and 90 percent of was all coaching. These guys guys want a state title bad...

Come December all of these teams could be playing.... may even end up in At&t... only time will tell.

90sLegend":1u9uksz8 said:
..........Come December all of these teams could be playing.... may even end up in At&t... only time will tell.
Well, since three of the teams you picked to watch are D1, one of those will be in the stands at AT&T.....

How did I discredit any of the teams you mentioned? I simply pointed out that since 3 of the teams you mentioned are D1, one of them will have to be in the stands and not on the field. Discounting the east/west thing altogether. Unless you figure on changing the format.............

Blue Bird":2a44pn2f said:
All of the D I teams mentioned are from the east...so two will be at home watching the big game from the outside.
well obviously all of them cant play in the state title game... i was just saying that all of those teams individually have shots of makings it. in D1 and D2 outside of cvalvert, crowell, borden county, richland and the teams that i mentioned, no one else really has a chance

90sLegend":28dhhuzf said:
in D1 and D2 outside of cvalvert, crowell, borden county, richland and the teams that i mentioned, no one else really has a chance

Bold statement seeing as how we haven't made it past week 3 yet.

90sLegend":2amx6css said:
Blue Bird":2amx6css said:
All of the D I teams mentioned are from the east...so two will be at home watching the big game from the outside.
well obviously all of them cant play in the state title game... i was just saying that all of those teams individually have shots of makings it. in D1 and D2 outside of cvalvert, crowell, borden county, richland and the teams that i mentioned, no one else really has a chance

WAIT JUST A MINUTE! Slow your role palya! All the teams you have named are really good, in some cases, really really good, but lets not forget what happened last season. This time last year nobody, and I mean NOBODY, was giving the Abbott Panthers a snowball chance in hell to win a state championship and we all know how that turned out. Am I saying that Abbott will repeat, no, but they could. The real point here is that it still really early in the season. All those teams have to be a favorate and I agree. Don't be surprised if someone gets hot and puts a stick in your biycyle spoke. Sitting back an watching what unfolds ought to be fun!!

BigCzech":27dkxp7w said:
90sLegend":27dkxp7w said:
Blue Bird":27dkxp7w said:

WAIT JUST A MINUTE! Slow your role palya! All the teams you have named are really good, in some cases, really really good, but lets not forget what happened last season. This time last year nobody, and I mean NOBODY, was giving the Abbott Panthers a snowball chance in hell to win a state championship and we all know how that turned out. Am I saying that Abbott will repeat, no, but they could. The real point here is that it still really early in the season. All those teams have to be a favorate and I agree. Don't be surprised if someone gets hot and puts a stick in your biycyle spoke. Sitting back an watching what unfolds ought to be fun!!

Yes, your right, there could always be some sort of cinderella team that pops up out of nowhere and take the state by suprise, but lets be real, thats not happening. In D2 your best chance at a cinderella team would be MT Calm, Do you realize they would have to beat Milford (District Championship) Richland Springs in the 2nd round, Calvert in the 3rd, and Crowell in the 4th just to even make it to the state championship game.... Yes i believe one of theses teams can get knocked off maybe, but this season there is no way any one team can run the table against teams like them, there darn good, maybe GREAT... And in D1 I see Jonesboro and Borden squaring off in the championship game no upsets at all over there. There is a real gap in the talent level between the really good teams and the average teams this year. There are maybe 7 teams (D1 or D2) that have a chance at all this year... No cinderella teams, No upsets, the best teams will win.

Ex eagle":3u5spdns said:
Jonesboro has beaten Milford three years in a row, we held them to 16 points this year, give them the credit they deserve.
They beat up on an injured team that didn't have there starting quarterback.... Jonesboro scored 20 points early in the game (14 points off of milfords turnovers) and then went nearly 3 quarters without scoring. They won the game, but showed signs of vulnerability. There a good team but not as tough as i thought....

90sLegend":2j2stgue said:
Gorman, The biggest surprise in all of sixman for this year is Gorman. I knew they would be good this year but i dont see anyone beating them this year at all... They have dynamic speed and a very explosive offense and just enough size to give jonesboro and borden county a run for there money late in the season.

Might be a little overzealous on Gorman. Lets see them beat a decent team first. I will grant you they do have some talent though.

The first week they beat Mt Calm and the jury is still out on them. From what I saw they had a lot of self inflicted issues vs Gorman. Mt Calm did go on to defeat a very down Abbott team last week though.

Week two Gorman beat Throckmorton, who after several key injuries looks to be in for a tough season. Rough start for that program so far. Gorman couldn't seem to stop an already banged up Throckmorton team until their RB was injured at the half.

Gorman has Lometa and Iredell next and I don't see either putting up much fight. They should be 4-0 when they play Bryson, who should be by far their biggest test of their six-man playing days (Who did Gorman play last year that had a winning record?). That will be followed by Stephenville Faith, which wont be much of a game, and then Zephyr.

Before you even begin to talk about what Gorman might could do against Jonesboro and Borden County we need to see how they do against Bryson and Zephyr. If they 45 both of those teams, then we can talk about how well they stack up against the elite teams. So far, nothing has been proven.

90sLegend":3sfjpjcp said:
BigCzech":3sfjpjcp said:
90sLegend":3sfjpjcp said:
Blue Bird":3sfjpjcp said:

Yes, your right, there could always be some sort of cinderella team that pops up out of nowhere and take the state by suprise, but lets be real, thats not happening. In D2 your best chance at a cinderella team would be MT Calm, Do you realize they would have to beat Milford (District Championship) Richland Springs in the 2nd round, Calvert in the 3rd, and Crowell in the 4th just to even make it to the state championship game.... Yes i believe one of theses teams can get knocked off maybe, but this season there is no way any one team can run the table against teams like them, there darn good, maybe GREAT... And in D1 I see Jonesboro and Borden squaring off in the championship game no upsets at all over there. There is a real gap in the talent level between the really good teams and the average teams this year. There are maybe 7 teams (D1 or D2) that have a chance at all this year... No cinderella teams, No upsets, the best teams will win.

the cinderella team won't come from the stronger side of the bracket. So if you're looking at D2 that team will not be coming out of the East... that's how it works with those meat grinders (much like Abbott last year). It would more likely come from the West where a team could make it to state and then just have to win one game against those juggernauts from D2 East, and if you don't think somebody like Jones at Balmorhea wouldn't have a chance in a single game against a little more talented team you're crazy.

90sLegend":2g7hcvda said:
...And in D1 I see Jonesboro and Borden squaring off in the championship game no upsets at all over there.
So I reckon Happy, Sterling City, Ira and Garden City need not apply? Maybe Zephyr, Abbott and Gorman should just start airing up the basketballs now? Little early to start calling your shots isn't it hoss?

This is what happens when the East (except for RS) wins a title. They lose their freaking minds. The west will regain its dominance of D1 this year - like it has for pretty much the last 8 years. Then the cedar choppers will go back to chopping cedar...maybe.

Reminds me of how uppity the Privates got a few years ago because one private team was really good. Except this year, the East really doesn't even have a really good team.

WV Backer":2goneqnd said:
90sLegend":2goneqnd said:
...And in D1 I see Jonesboro and Borden squaring off in the championship game no upsets at all over there.
So I reckon Happy, Sterling City, Ira and Garden City need not apply? Maybe Zephyr, Abbott and Gorman should just start airing up the basketballs now? Little early to start calling your shots isn't it hoss?
No earlier than your called shots......

rainjacktx":1n54b8lo said:
This is what happens when the East (except for RS) wins a title. They lose their freaking minds. The west will regain its dominance of D1 this year - like it has for pretty much the last 8 years. Then the cedar choppers will go back to chopping cedar...maybe.

Reminds me of how uppity the Privates got a few years ago because one private team was really good. Except this year, the East really doesn't even have a really good team.
I think you sit at home in your stained undies and hope someone replies to your silly posts..... so I'll humor you....THE WEST IS WEAK THIS YEAR COMPARED TO THE EAST!

Back