Teams that will not field a team this year?

Roach

Six-man pro
I know that Dell City will not be playing football this year. I have heard some others may not either. If there are some and it is official feel free to add for scheduling purposes and helping other coaches/teams find another game.

You can include Dime Box in that catagory. I read a June 28 article on kwhi.com after a google search.

Sad to hear. Hope they can make it work for 2024. Can see how it would be difficult to get 9 baseball players when you're struggling to get 6 football players.

DB never had baseball for the 5 years I was there. We started football, had two winning seasons and then nothing. No home field either, so its hard building a program without a stadium. I hope they can get it rolling again but I would assume football is done there and they will be a basketball only school like before 2019.

The Texas Tribune listed Dime Box enrollment around 180 in school year 2021-2022. The numbers are there but possibly not the support. Some inspired benefactor is needed to get the football field started so those boys have a choice of what sports they can play. Lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.

The Texas Tribune listed Dime Box enrollment around 180 in school year 2021-2022. The numbers are there but possibly not the support. Some inspired benefactor is needed to get the football field started so those boys have a choice of what sports they can play. Lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.
Dime Box is very bottom heavy right now. I want to say that number of 39 dropped even further for the high school. There are numbers in the elementary that could probably support a football program, but the city is legendary for basketball and I think that will hinder growth of football.

TEA Enrollment Report for 2022-23 school year 11th Grade 10 students, 10th grade 13, 9th grade 13, 8th Grade 11. I tried to pull the report by grade and gender but it just showed <10 for each grade and gender.

That is not accurate. That picture is from Bellville Faith Academy, we beat them in our first football game ever. Dime Box has no field. We played one home game on a baseball field in Dime Box that the superintendent and I lined out. Everything else was away.

Not that he needs it, but I can confirm what Coach Frey is saying. I was at that one game squeezed into the baseball field.

That is not accurate. That picture is from Bellville Faith Academy, we beat them in our first football game ever. Dime Box has no field. We played one home game on a baseball field in Dime Box that the superintendent and I lined out. Everything else was away.
I was at that game vs. Houston Mount Carmel.
Had to keep score manually on a piece of paper lol. But all in all it was a fun day with a pretty good turnout.

Attachments

• 20191005_143948_001.jpg
    20191005_143948_001.jpg
    758.9 KB · Views: 31
I was at that game vs. Houston Mount Carmel.
Had to keep score manually on a piece of paper lol. But all in all it was a fun day with a pretty good turnout.
That was a HOT day. The super and I were filling cracks all week, and were out there at 6 am on game day still filling them. We had a goal post that the shop class made. Its a shame football didnt keep going there. Heck the first year we were in UIL we hung 71 on Oglesby and made the playoffs. But there was just no push to keep it rolling.

Thanks for the correct info. It's hard to have a football program without a dedicated field.
Snook was barely hanging on. Their old Bluejay Stadium had turned into a teachers' parking lot. They were playing their home games at Allen Academy's Bakers Field. Well, they made the playoffs, now they have a new Bluejay Stadium.

Back