State championship future

As a coach that just competed in Jerry’s world, here’s my take. Our kids deserve to play on the big stage. On the field it is loud and the energy is great. That may be lost in the stands, but it was the state game and it felt huge.

You can rent shotwell to play any game you want. Last year we played at several 11 man stadiums. We can’t rent AT&T to play playoff games. It is an honor to play there. It’s memories that the kids and coaches will talk about for the rest of their lives.

The uil does an amazing job of getting our Sixman games on display for everyone to see. The professional production done by Ballys is awesome for the kids to have. That goes away if you play in a different location than the other divisions.

There isn’t a Sixman field in the state that could host an amazing state game. So if we are going to play on an eleven man field, why not the best one.

I’m thankful that our kids had the opportunity to play at AT&T, and I hope it continues to stay there. When we aren’t very good and can’t make playoffs, I will still vote to have the games there, because whoever makes it…. Deserves it.
Coach well put ! Congrats on another diamond ! God bless you and your program

As a coach that just competed in Jerry’s world, here’s my take. Our kids deserve to play on the big stage. On the field it is loud and the energy is great. That may be lost in the stands, but it was the state game and it felt huge.

You can rent shotwell to play any game you want. Last year we played at several 11 man stadiums. We can’t rent AT&T to play playoff games. It is an honor to play there. It’s memories that the kids and coaches will talk about for the rest of their lives.

The uil does an amazing job of getting our Sixman games on display for everyone to see. The professional production done by Ballys is awesome for the kids to have. That goes away if you play in a different location than the other divisions.

There isn’t a Sixman field in the state that could host an amazing state game. So if we are going to play on an eleven man field, why not the best one.

I’m thankful that our kids had the opportunity to play at AT&T, and I hope it continues to stay there. When we aren’t very good and can’t make playoffs, I will still vote to have the games there, because whoever makes it…. Deserves it.
Well said Coach

This is one of the worst opinions I've seen in a while.

Exactly. Last time I check, T&F, basketball, softball & baseball, are all played in the same venue 1A-6A. Would it be cool to see a game in a more "sixman friendly " stadium? Of course. But seeing Bally Sports broadcast the games (and not NFHS), and seeing the everyone looking at the jumbotron and enjoying themselves makes it all worth it
I had never been to Jerry's World, and for the price I never would, except for the last two years. It's the greatest of venue's why shouldn't these high school athletes play in AT&T? Nothing is as special than to see the expressions on those young worriors faces plastered on the jumbo tron. I've been to four state six man championship games, one in Wylie, on the coldest day of the year, last year with Westbrook and this year with both Westbrook and Loraine. I'm no Sowboy fan but Jerry's house is the perfect venue for Texas School Boy Football. Maybe the Sowboys can come watch how football is played, by quality individuals and not overpriced premadonans.

I had never been to Jerry's World, and for the price I never would, except for the last two years. It's the greatest of venue's why shouldn't these high school athletes play in AT&T? Nothing is as special than to see the expressions on those young worriors faces plastered on the jumbo tron. I've been to four state six man championship games, one in Wylie, on the coldest day of the year, last year with Westbrook and this year with both Westbrook and Loraine. I'm no Sowboy fan but Jerry's house is the perfect venue for Texas School Boy Football. Maybe the Sowboys can come watch how football is played, by quality individuals and not overpriced premadonans.
Exactly. Also these camera shots always gets the people going

Attachments

• 9F9A9FD7-EE20-4BAD-978E-E51140A7BADA.jpeg
    9F9A9FD7-EE20-4BAD-978E-E51140A7BADA.jpeg
    564.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 59740FD3-282D-4288-9542-70EE9BB16426.jpeg
    59740FD3-282D-4288-9542-70EE9BB16426.jpeg
    504 KB · Views: 10
  • 5A199C18-3838-434C-967E-B2D4D279B018.jpeg
    5A199C18-3838-434C-967E-B2D4D279B018.jpeg
    594.1 KB · Views: 10
If my memory serves me right aren’t all the state championships held in one venue. Basketball San Antonio Baseball Austin volleyball Austin track and field Austin. So what is the question about? It’s a convenience for all UIL schools. Venues capable of handling ALL TEAMS and fans! I don’t understand the “exhibition” term The players know getting to the State Championship it’s a showcase of their hard work and their “talents” on a marquee setting and I’m not sure they think it’s an exhibition show. the UIL has always been kids first but money too BUT TO THE KIDS ITS A LIFETIME OF AWESOME MEMORIES AND LIFE LESSONS.

If my memory serves me right aren’t all the state championships held in one venue. Basketball San Antonio Baseball Austin volleyball Austin track and field Austin.
Volleyball is actually in Garland.
All but baseball is held in the same venue. Some of the classification play at UT and the others at Round Rock
It’s a convenience for all UIL schools.
But you’re right about UIL holding events for 1A-6A in the same place is convenient not only to players but fans as well

I keep seeing this come up, the division split is here to stay and isn’t going to end, this is beating a dead horse, going back to one division would be a disaster, most of the schools that made the playoffs in division 2 wouldn’t even make it in if it was combined, and if you ever try to force it, those schools would either drop football or just leave and start their own organization.
Strictly from a fan perspective the split if awful. Both 6-Man games being 45ers is an bad look.

The attendance is a little larger at the 5A-6A level. So the need for a bigger stadium. I say 1A-3A at the Star in Frisco.
This would never happen. Bally Sports would shut this down quickly. Logistical nightmare. Also , separating small schools from the bigger schools wouldn’t go well with most coaches
Strictly from a fan perspective the split if awful. Both 6-Man games being 45ers is an bad look.
The first six man game I went to was a mercy rule game. That hasn’t stopped me from going to see more games.
There’s 3 people when it comes to six man
1. People grew up/still live at six man towns (I would assume that’s a good number of people here)
2. People who grew up at a bigger city, sees a six man game and gets interested (best example: me)
3. People who grew up at a bigger city, sees a six man and prefers to continue to watch 11 man games

In six man ANY GAME can be a 45. Split has allowed the schools in D2 to continue To play football. The split in each division is to make it as equitable on the schools. It’s a impossibility to find “the number” for cutoffs. If you want to kill football in small schools you do away with The split. Each year is exceptional in six man as 1-2 athletes can make a mediocre team into a hi h caliber machine and some schools in each division build that machine traditionally Weren’t there blow outs in the other divisions also.

I strongly object to The Split. While it is obviously still football, the game we love so much IS different and should be treated as a different entity. I find it somewhat embarrassing watching some D2 teams (who are usually mercy-ruled) play at AT&T. Some teams that have made it to State in the past might not have even reached the area round back when there was only 1 division. More often than not, it seems to me that there's usually one or two teams that even have a chance at winning The D2 Title and those few often mow through the season without any competition whatsoever. On second thought....I actually hate the Division Split.

I strongly object to The Split. While it is obviously still football, the game we love so much IS different and should be treated as a different entity. I find it somewhat embarrassing watching some D2 teams (who are usually mercy-ruled) play at AT&T. Some teams that have made it to State in the past might not have even reached the area round back when there was only 1 division. More often than not, it seems to me that there's usually one or two teams that even have a chance at winning The D2 Title and those few often mow through the season without any competition whatsoever. On second thought....I actually hate the Division Split.
I don’t understand your argument at all. Sounds like you dont like six man football to me. Maybe you should stick to 11 man where they have teams with one win in the playoffs every year and sometimes zero wins. I love the split, and i like the fact that it gives kids at schools that may not have but six or seven kids on the team the chance to play and sometimes be competitive!!!!!

Back