State championship future

jamwash

Six-man fan
If you start the video at 6 minutes 38 seconds, they talk about the state championship games being at AT&T stadium this season but mentions that the contract ends (and it’s probably soon from what they say). Could this mean six man state championships going back to Abilene until they agree on going back to Arlington?

Why just the smaller schools, and keep the 'exhibition' feel for bigger schools? This is likely the biggest stage most of these kids will ever be on. I'm fine with letting them soak it up, ridiculous as it can be.

I think they'll likely keep all of them at AT&T - UIL has gotten a taste of that big money revenue it generates; even after paying Jerry, I'd imagine they make a pretty penny on the spectacle. Would also likely lose replay, and possibly television altogether, unless played at a D1 college field, and attendance would absolutely drop due to people just going to go (i.e., don't have a team or player they are going to see) having to sit in the cold vs the comfort of AT&T.

3A and under should go back to having their games at regular high school stadiums IMO. There’s no reason for the biggest game of your life to be played like an exhibition game. The state title is a moment for all of these si
Aren’t we all glad your opinion is irrelevant. UIL is ONE ORGANISATION. 1A through 6A should both be granted with the same exact opportunity. It’s the State game, should be played at the biggest venu in Texas. Like it is. Thank goodness you aren’t in charge.

3A and under should go back to having their games at regular high school stadiums IMO. There’s no reason for the biggest game of your life to be played like an exhibition game. The state title is a moment for all of these si
In my opinion, yesterday's games didn't feel like exhibition games to me. And the Champion and Runner-Up teams didn't seem to act they were in exhibition games, either.

This is one of the worst opinions I've seen in a while.
Aren’t we all glad your opinion is irrelevant. UIL is ONE ORGANISATION. 1A through 6A should both be granted with the same exact opportunity. It’s the State game, should be played at the biggest venu in Texas. Like it is. Thank goodness you aren’t in charge.
Exactly. Last time I check, T&F, basketball, softball & baseball, are all played in the same venue 1A-6A. Would it be cool to see a game in a more "sixman friendly " stadium? Of course. But seeing Bally Sports broadcast the games (and not NFHS), and seeing the everyone looking at the jumbotron and enjoying themselves makes it all worth it

3A and under should go back to having their games at regular high school stadiums IMO. There’s no reason for the biggest game of your life to be played like an exhibition game. The state title is a moment for all of these small towns across Texas.
I CAN NOT believe someone would think this way. For the biggest game of your life we will just find a cow pasture somewhere and mark it off and dodge the cow piles. This is a very big game whether it is a young athletes first or fourth state championship and they all deserve to play in the nice indoor arena. I, as a fan, deserve to set in the comfort I set in yesterday to watch six-man as any one does when watching Duncanville and Northshore Saturday.

I CAN NOT believe someone would think this way. For the biggest game of your life we will just find a cow pasture somewhere and mark it off and dodge the cow piles. This is a very big game whether it is a young athletes first or fourth state championship and they all deserve to play in the nice indoor arena. I, as a fan, deserve to set in the comfort I set in yesterday to watch six-man as any one does when watching Duncanville and Northshore Saturday.
Every part of my body except my neck agrees. Something about looking up at a huge jumbotron from the first level it doesn't agree with

3A and under should go back to having their games at regular high school stadiums IMO. There’s no reason for the biggest game of your life to be played like an exhibition game. The state title is a moment for all of these small towns across Texas.
I’m having a hard time understanding the difference between 1a and 6a ? Why should 4a and up still get to play at AT&T ? Please elaborate

It’s an opinion everybody has one. It’s
I’m having a hard time understanding the difference between 1a and 6a ? Why should 4a and up still get to play at AT&T ? Please elabo
This is one of the worst opinions I've seen in a while.

Exactly. Last time I check, T&F, basketball, softball & baseball, are all played in the same venue 1A-6A. Would it be cool to see a game in a more "sixman friendly " stadium? Of course. But seeing Bally Sports broadcast the games (and not NFHS), and seeing the everyone looking at the jumbotron and enjoying themselves makes it all worth it
That’s literally all I was saying. It’s my personal opinion.
I’m having a hard time understanding the difference between 1a and 6a ? Why should 4a and up still get to play at AT&T ? Please elaborate
The difference is the fan bases schools bring. It was just an opinion nothing more nothing less. Ive witnessed and played in big games myself. If I had a choice (my personal choice) I would choose a location that actually gives me a big game environment.

You’re over exaggerating. There’s tons of high schools in Texas that have great stadiums. The Texas stadium isn’t end all be all

Nothing for anyone to argue about here. The Coaches Association will make the decision and wherever the games are played those of us that choose to attend will be there. I personally have sat in snow and rain as well as very cold temperatures at playoff games this year. I'm an old man, but I have cold weather gear to endure the elements whenever needed. I personally think the level of competition has been diluted since the division split and I also don't particularly care for playing the games at Jerryworld, but that's just me. I'd like a little more intimate setting such as Shotwell in Abilene. Again just a personal preference. It makes no difference what I want. The coaches will decide. I do know that most of them love playing where the Cowboys play and the kids have a lifelong memory that no other state can match. Texas is football country and they showcase their best teams in a professional stadium over a four day period every year (at least right now) and draw crowds that a lot of colleges would be envious of. The coaches and kids, whether victorious or not will remember the moment for a lifetime. I for one will still go to the games regardless of venue.

I personally think the level of competition has been diluted since the division split
I think that the division shouldn’t have split. However, I know if they brought the divisions together in six man, then either the district champion would only go to the playoffs or the top 2 would go and lose that week and a half break before the state game

You’re over exaggerating. There’s tons of high schools in Texas that have great stadiums. The Texas stadium isn’t end all be all
I’m talking about the comfort to the players, fans later. No wind. No heat or cold. No rain. No lightening delays. Lots more things. The playing field is the same whichever goal line is ahead of you. The fans enjoy same playing conditions. We are suppose to be enjoying the game weather player or fan. I can’t do it if the temp is in the thirties, raining, and wind blowing and gusting.

I think that the division shouldn’t have split. However, I know if they brought the divisions together in six man, then either the district champion would only go to the playoffs or the top 2 would go and lose that week and a half break before the state game
They have taken the top two to the playoffs for a while now, even before the division split.

Back