State championship future

I think that the division shouldn’t have split. However, I know if they brought the divisions together in six man, then either the district champion would only go to the playoffs or the top 2 would go and lose that week and a half break before the state game
I keep seeing this come up, the division split is here to stay and isn’t going to end, this is beating a dead horse, going back to one division would be a disaster, most of the schools that made the playoffs in division 2 wouldn’t even make it in if it was combined, and if you ever try to force it, those schools would either drop football or just leave and start their own organization.

I keep seeing this come up, the division split is here to stay and isn’t going to end, this is beating a dead horse, going back to one division would be a disaster, most of the schools that made the playoffs in division 2 wouldn’t even make it in if it was combined, and if you ever try to force it, those schools would either drop football or just leave and start their own organization.
Lot of schools in the east in d 2 that have barely enough kids to play would be screwed that’s for sure . Can’t combine the divisions again not right for that reason

As a coach that just competed in Jerry’s world, here’s my take. Our kids deserve to play on the big stage. On the field it is loud and the energy is great. That may be lost in the stands, but it was the state game and it felt huge.

You can rent shotwell to play any game you want. Last year we played at several 11 man stadiums. We can’t rent AT&T to play playoff games. It is an honor to play there. It’s memories that the kids and coaches will talk about for the rest of their lives.

The uil does an amazing job of getting our Sixman games on display for everyone to see. The professional production done by Ballys is awesome for the kids to have. That goes away if you play in a different location than the other divisions.

There isn’t a Sixman field in the state that could host an amazing state game. So if we are going to play on an eleven man field, why not the best one.

I’m thankful that our kids had the opportunity to play at AT&T, and I hope it continues to stay there. When we aren’t very good and can’t make playoffs, I will still vote to have the games there, because whoever makes it…. Deserves it.

most of the schools that made the playoffs in division 2 wouldn’t even make it in if it was combined, and if you ever try to force it, those schools would either drop football or just leave and start their own organization.
Yeah this is exactly what I’d think would happen

On the field it is loud and the energy is great. That may be lost in the stands, but it was the state game and it felt huge.
There’s a synergy in that stadium where the crowd gives energy to the players/coaches and vice versa. I love it because the crowd noise stays inside. I think you lose that moving the game outside and the energy wouldn’t be the same moving the game to San Antonio or Houston
The professional production done by Ballys is awesome for the kids to have. That goes away if you play in a different location than the other divisions.
I love the fact that Ballys not only broadcast the state game but also shows some regular season games and playoffs. The coaching interviews are great
I’m thankful that our kids had the opportunity to play at AT&T, and I hope it continues to stay there. When we aren’t very good and can’t make playoffs, I will still vote to have the games there, because whoever makes it…. Deserves it.
I hope it stays in Arlington. Now when the stadium is getting renovated, I don’t know where they’ll hold the game

I’m talking about the comfort to the players, fans later. No wind. No heat or cold. No rain. No lightening delays. Lots more things. The playing field is the same whichever goal line is ahead of you. The fans enjoy same playing conditions. We are suppose to be enjoying the game weather player or fan. I can’t do it if the temp is in the thirties, raining, and wind blowing and gusting.
You’re still missing the point. It’s my opinion.

Nothing for anyone to argue about here. The Coaches Association will make the decision and wherever the games are played those of us that choose to attend will be there. I personally have sat in snow and rain as well as very cold temperatures at playoff games this year. I'm an old man, but I have cold weather gear to endure the elements whenever needed. I personally think the level of competition has been diluted since the division split and I also don't particularly care for playing the games at Jerryworld, but that's just me. I'd like a little more intimate setting such as Shotwell in Abilene. Again just a personal preference. It makes no difference what I want. The coaches will decide. I do know that most of them love playing where the Cowboys play and the kids have a lifelong memory that no other state can match. Texas is football country and they showcase their best teams in a professional stadium over a four day period every year (at least right now) and draw crowds that a lot of colleges would be envious of. The coaches and kids, whether victorious or not will remember the moment for a lifetime. I for one will still go to the games regardless of venue.
Well said! Some people don’t comprehend the word opinion very well.

I also went deep in the playoffs during my high schools years. every year no matter the weather our fans traveled and supported us.

As a coach that just competed in Jerry’s world, here’s my take. Our kids deserve to play on the big stage. On the field it is loud and the energy is great. That may be lost in the stands, but it was the state game and it felt huge.

You can rent shotwell to play any game you want. Last year we played at several 11 man stadiums. We can’t rent AT&T to play playoff games. It is an honor to play there. It’s memories that the kids and coaches will talk about for the rest of their lives.

The uil does an amazing job of getting our Sixman games on display for everyone to see. The professional production done by Ballys is awesome for the kids to have. That goes away if you play in a different location than the other divisions.

There isn’t a Sixman field in the state that could host an amazing state game. So if we are going to play on an eleven man field, why not the best one.

Coach, I'm not suggesting it should or will be moved. Just stating my personal preference IF it is to be moved. I know the divisions are here to stay also. I've had "skin in the game" so to speak for three of the last five years and I attended almost every year whether or not I did.

Last edited:
3A and under should go back to having their games at regular high school stadiums IMO. There’s no reason for the biggest game of your life to be played like an exhibition game. The state title is a moment for all of these small towns across Texas.
It’s a much better atmosphere for the players and fans when the house is packed. I would much rather see the smaller schools in venues fit for size of the event. Buy a ticket to a concert or Cowboys game if seeing the Jumbo is that important to ppl 😂. It looks a little silly to have 87 fans in section E of Jerry’s behemoth of a stadium.

It’s a much better atmosphere for the players and fans when the house is packed. I would much rather see the smaller schools in venues fit for size of the event. Buy a ticket to a concert or Cowboys game if seeing the Jumbo is that important to ppl 😂. It looks a little silly to have 87 fans in section E of Jerry’s behemoth of a stadium.
Though the atmosphere “feels” better in a smaller stadium, it’s not happening because the players and coaches want to play at Cowboys stadium. It’s the “road to Arlington”

Back