Spread and ranking updates

MilfordInsider":35sd644z said:
I said who they played with... as in which players played in the game. It shouldn't matter if only freshman played the "toy" wouldn't care...

Insider, I agree with you on this point. The toy does not care what players were in the game or not in the game. If just second or third string players played the game and lost, so be it. I believe "the toy" considers the team overall as far as overall quality and strength.

Last year, and every year for that matter, there were some quality teams that suffered in the rankings through the regular season because of injuries that held them back on wins and points scored. A team can be a powerhouse and have great practices and high hopes all week, then, have a stud pulled the day before a big game, and you can guess what happens. Offensive chaos, defensive misalignment, etc. A loss is a loss and the ranking will drop.

Or at least that's how it should be Johnny South... don't get me wrong I understand Richland is a totally different team with tippie in, but they lost and they should be judged based on the loss and not based on who they have sitting on the shelf

granger":11k9n2ft said:
it is quite a shame people don't get worked up about week 1 of the high school football season

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You surely do worry about Richland Springs a WHOLE lot. Why don't you just go back to bragging about how unbelievably great Milford is.

Some people worry WAY too much about rankings.......this isn't the NCAA FCS, where rankings can and DO determine your chance at playing for a title.
No, here the rankings are a decent subject for discussion, smack talk, chest beating, etc......and Granger, by the time the playoffs roll around, has The Toy fine tuned to where it is pretty darned accurate.
The ONLY things that count are what happens on the field, play to play, week to week. A team can be ranked #1 on here and nationwide, and still get beat on the field.
And that's all that matters in the end......no matter where your team is ranked.

Not sure how RS was NOT judged by their performance, but maybe that's me... they lost 30 points in their rating. They will lose more this week if they lose to Waco Methodist Children's Home.

But saying they should drop to 25 in the rankings is just dumb. You don't just put teams that are 1-0 at the top and teams that are 0-0 in the middle, then teams 0-1 at the bottom... Happy was #4 overall and beat them. They didn't 45 them. So now they would be about a 25 point underdog to Happy...

I never said Richland should be out of the top 25... in my opinion they should be somewhere around 4-7 right now and Milford should be 1-3... Don't get me wrong granger I love the website and all the great things your doing for Sixman.. Just know there are a bunch of angry fans and inspired players in milford based off of these rankings. Like I stated a few post a go the schedule we've created for ourselves allows us to prove how good we are every week, we will climb in weeks to come but for now #5 is a sour taste in our mouth.

This is DEJA-VU all over again.... anyone remember that David guy from Oakwood a few years back? Start winning, rise in the rankings a little bit, and POOF! A dynasty is born. Guess it's because we are starved for recognition here in the East most of the time, DIV 1 anyway.

Please, let the past be the past and not bring Oakwood into this conversation. I have worked very hard over the last three years to make this a respectable and humble team. No need to open old wounds.

Texman301":3rial5lo said:
Please, let the past be the past and not bring Oakwood into this conversation. I have worked very hard over the last three years to make this a respectable and humble team. No need to open old wounds.
I have nothing negative to say about the kids from Oakwood or the town , was just referring to a person that used to post here.

The rankings are fun and all, but as long as the team you support handles thier business week in and week out then thats what matters in the end. It's easy to lose it on Sept 5.

MilfordInsider":10fhjwwu said:
Or at least that's how it should be Johnny South... don't get me wrong I understand Richland is a totally different team with tippie in, but they lost and they should be judged based on the loss and not based on who they have sitting on the shelf
I don't "judge" teams at the beginning of the season........... the only accurate assessment of a team comes in December...........

Old Bearkat":1fjk3c8d said:
granger":1fjk3c8d said:
it is quite a shame people don't get worked up about week 1 of the high school football season

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

For the sake of the site we the people should nitpick more...
Surprised OFB hasn't joined in.

Why did Bryson not go higher in the rankings after Almost beating Milford?

Back