Spread and ranking updates

first week is always late... corrections, changes... with the holiday, I was with family on the lake all day yesterday.

Then my in-laws, who were finally able to escape Houston, wanted to spend some time with the grandkids, so they drove up... house is finally clear and I think everything is updated.

Normally, I like to get them done by Sunday noon. If you cannot get your score in by then, well... bad words

Very disappointed with the new rankings. Milford went from 3 to 5 in a game they won, and Richland only dropped 1 spot after not stopping happy at all! And allowing 96 points!!! I know at the end of the day rankings don't mean much but goodness...

Who they played with should have no affect with the rankings. A loss is a loss. Richland Springs lost a game they were picked to win. It was an overall poor performance by Richland and the rankings should show it. If Milford would have lost they would be outside the top 10...

The rankings are always the most unreliable at the beginning of the season. With so many unknown factors, we always see many huge jumps in the first couple weeks. Strawn got a quality win and valley covered the spread plus a little. Milford did not cover the spread even though Bryson may have been underrated. Valley is less than a point above Milford and strawn is well within striking distance especially with a huge matchup with Jonesboro coming up. If Milford wants to prove they belong at the top, they need to put up big number against Jonesboro this week.

It is not the wins and losses that move a team up and down on these rankings, it is beating the point spread or getting beat in the point spread that really moves you around. As poor a shape as Milford looked to be in at Hico, they are likely to lose the point spread and the game against Jonesboro.

Oh, yea! For those of you out there whose light bulb just blinked on and thought, man if we beat someone 96 to 0 we are really going to move up in the rankings. There is a built in brake that will only show you winning by 45 no matter what the score was.

Don't complain too much. Brysons RATING went up 31 points loosing to Milford, most of any team in the top 20 of either division. Toy must have "thought" Milford was a quality opponent. RS went Down by 31. Milford went down by 5.

MilfordInsider":2ctcq8b6 said:
Who they played with should have no affect with the rankings. A loss is a loss. Richland Springs lost a game they were picked to win. It was an overall poor performance by Richland and the rankings should show it. If Milford would have lost they would be outside the top 10...

MI, you are so wrong!
RS shouldn't be in the top 25!!
Fix the toy.

MilfordInsider":elu76d92 said:
Who they played with should have no affect with the rankings. A loss is a loss.
I believe that is an incorrect assumption........... who someone plays does affect the rankings & ratings ....... and there are "good" losses.........

I said who they played with... as in which players played in the game. It shouldn't matter if only freshman played the "toy" wouldn't care... the "toy"'only inputs numbers but it seems to be miscalculated. It just seems to hurt teams who don't have a cupcake schedule. Milford has #5 ranked Bryson, #7 ranked Jonesboro and #2 ranked Garden City on the schedule. All bigger schools (DI) and all on the road. And not to mention #10 ranked Oakwood (D2) which will most likely be for the district championship in Milford. All these wins will be great wins no matter what the spread is and how much they win by. We don't schedule cupcakes like Paducah and Rankin no offense to those team but we are out to play the best teams in the state and the "toy" is punishing us for beating them.

Why are you so worried about the rankings? Will rankings get you in the playoffs? Regional finals? State championship? Get your team a win vs Richland Springs? Nope. They are fodder for people to talk about. If you're team is good, then it will show in the playoffs.

Back