Rematch Cherokee Vs Loraine Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 of Loraine's 5 were first team all state and the 5th was second team all state.
Here is a link to DII all state team https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/f3096815-91e5-45bf-8e51-f078e8eb55fb/downloads/2022 TSMCA Football All State Division II.pdf?ver=1699227708549
True, but on any given night, those accolades could have gone another direction. We all know that state and district superlatives don’t always match talent for talent, but I digress. My point is that both Loraine and Cherokee are not the teams they were last year and to behave as if the loss of Loraine players is why Cherokee won this year takes away from the the fact that Cherokee lost players too and is doing great things with the underclassmen who took their places.

Avergage ranking of Loraine's D2 opponents using D2 rankings 29 Average ranking of Cherokee's's D2 opponents using D2 rankings 33.2

Avergage ranking of Loraine's D2 wins using D2 rankings 46.5 Average ranking of Cherokee's's D2 wins using D2 rankings 39

5 of the seven pre-district opponents made the playoffs. 1 is the number 1 team in D2 and another is the number 3 in D2. You are correct this is not the same team that was on teh field in pre-district.

Loraine was not the same team as last year. We learned the team with the better athletes won this year's game.

4 of Loraine's 5 were first team all state and the 5th was second team all state.
Here is a link to DII all state team https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/f3...l All State Division II.pdf?ver=1699227708549

Here are all my post on this topic and I am trying to see where I am behaving as if the loss of Loraine's players is why Cherokee won.

Time to give this topic a rest!!!

Avergage ranking of Loraine's D2 opponents using D2 rankings 29 Average ranking of Cherokee's's D2 opponents using D2 rankings 33.2

Avergage ranking of Loraine's D2 wins using D2 rankings 46.5 Average ranking of Cherokee's's D2 wins using D2 rankings 39

5 of the seven pre-district opponents made the playoffs. 1 is the number 1 team in D2 and another is the number 3 in D2. You are correct this is not the same team that was on teh field in pre-district.

Loraine was not the same team as last year. We learned the team with the better athletes won this year's game.

Here is a link to DII all state team https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/f3...l All State Division II.pdf?ver=1699227708549

Here are all my post on this topic and I am trying to see where I am behaving as if the loss of Loraine's players is why Cherokee won.

Time to give this topic a rest!!!
Alright. I don’t actually have a dog in that fight. Just thought we were having a discussion. The topic is hereby rested.

In the words of Deion Sanders - "I AIN'T HARD TO FIND!"View attachment 5289
I'll add this. If at any point you want to discuss our coaching decisions, the game plan, or the way that our coaching staff does business seek me out. Especially if you live in Loraine, and if you do you probably also have my number.
See above for the game plan. Our boys played hard, overcame adversity and grew a lot over the course of 12 games. End of the day, we got beat. Like most times over the course of my career in Loraine, we beat ourselves. Turnovers, poor specials teams, and below par blocking and tackling helped the other team execute their game plan and wrecked ours. Looking at the film, when we blocked and tackled our game plan worked quite well, but as was the case with the rest of the season we had a consistency issue.

Further, I know for a fact that our school district is always on the look out for quality employees with degrees and state certifications.
That’s why school board members hire these guys and pay these people👍🏽To do their jobs, and make ADJUSTMENTS. I’ll stick to my word all the way to the bank. Great coaches take responsibility for making horrible calls, putting in the WRONG personnel. As far as the Loraine school board wanting fire the entire coaching staff🥸

I'll add this. If at any point you want to discuss our coaching decisions, the game plan, or the way that our coaching staff does business seek me out. Especially if you live in Loraine, and if you do you probably also have my number.
See above for the game plan. Our boys played hard, overcame adversity and grew a lot over the course of 12 games. End of the day, we got beat. Like most times over the course of my career in Loraine, we beat ourselves. Turnovers, poor specials teams, and below par blocking and tackling helped the other team execute their game plan and wrecked ours. Looking at the film, when we blocked and tackled our game plan worked quite well, but as was the case with the rest of the season we had a consistency issue.

Further, I know for a fact that our school district is always on the look out for quality employees with degrees and state certifications.
Yes. QUALITY employees😉

Attachments

• IMG_5183.jpeg
    IMG_5183.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 26
I think the issue here is that you (as a school board member for our district) have failed to realize that in no way did I say I wasn’t involved in the outcome. However, as a board member you need to realize that I am hired to educate young men and women in multiple facets of their lives. Athletics is a very small part of that education. Some lessons are learned the hard way. Unfortunately, no team ever has gone undefeated and won the championship every year.
That’s why school board members hire these guys and pay these people👍🏽To do their jobs, and make ADJUSTMENTS. I’ll stick to my word all the way to the bank. Great coaches take responsibility for making horrible calls, putting in the WRONG personnel. As far as the Loraine school board wanting fire the entire coaching staff🥸
If you review my previous post, I said if you wanted to speak on this further I am available. I was also trying to be somewhat polite, by not saying that I know for a fact (as a current member of the Loraine Board of Trustees) you Jesse have my cell phone number, my email address, the phone number to the school, know where the school is, where my office is located, and my work schedule, and if you just felt so inclined can find out where I live or you already know that as well.
Yes. QUALITY employees😉
As far as the quality of my employment, I have been employed in this district full-time for going on 6 years. In that time I have been the Athletic Director, Head Football, Basketball, and Track Coach, Asst. Basketball Coach, Asst, Girls Basketball Coach, the de facto Asst. Volleyball Coach. Started or restarted the summer strength and conditioning programs, the 6v6 football program, Summer league basketball, got the football team to the playoffs 6 consecutive years, 3-peat as District champs in football the last 3 seasons, helped our school district change the culture and attitude of our district and many people’s opinions of it, and helped a great group of young people achieve up to the highest levels in the game of football. Including but not limited to, helping our student-athletes break records for wins in a single season, deepest playoff run, and beating a few teams we hadn’t beaten in 20+ years. That my friend would be based on the opinions of our other school board members
and superintendent in multiple conversations. I am sure that it could have been better, but some schools would love to have that level of success. Myself personally, I am not satisfied. Want it to be better and continue to get better.

I am in no way saying that I am infallible, or that the accomplishments I have helped lead our athletic program in have been without fault.
I am saying this:
1. I am available to hear your opinions on all the matters you have addressed in your post.
2. Since my last post, you have not attempted to contact me directly. Nor, have you addressed them with me directly at any time when we have been in the same room. Either during school board meetings or other public places.
3. Regardless of your next reply this will be my last post on the matter. As you have the availability to contact me directly.

You sound like someone with a child on the team and aren't happy with their playing time. Outside of that I have no idea what you're talking about and seriously no longer care. The season's over for them now just like it is for Cherokee. They have the coach who you said was so superior so did you go on their thread and bash that coach? The coach offered to meet with you. That is the place for you to direct your thoughts on his decisions, not sitting behind a keyboard.

This isn't the place to air all this out. We're not gonna be bad-mouthing coaches here, y'all. If you want to talk about a specific play call the coach made, or a specific game plan that you think they got wrong, that's fine...maybe there's something newsworthy happening we should know about then, sure, let's talk about those facts...but outright bad-mouthing a coach and talking about him needing to lose his job, that's just not gonna happen here.

I'd recommend, if you're that passionate about it, calling up the school, getting yourself added to the next board meeting's agenda, and going to let the board members/administration know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back