Rematch Cherokee Vs Loraine Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loraine was not the same team as last year. We learned the team with the better athletes won this year's game.
I have to agree with sixmanfan2007 on this one. Without those 5 Seniors they had last year this was definitely a different Loraine team. However, losing this years Senior class is going to make Loraine look a whole lot different next year.

I disagree. We learned the team with the better coaching won.
In the words of Deion Sanders - "I AIN'T HARD TO FIND!"IMG_2078.jpg
I'll add this. If at any point you want to discuss our coaching decisions, the game plan, or the way that our coaching staff does business seek me out. Especially if you live in Loraine, and if you do you probably also have my number.
See above for the game plan. Our boys played hard, overcame adversity and grew a lot over the course of 12 games. End of the day, we got beat. Like most times over the course of my career in Loraine, we beat ourselves. Turnovers, poor specials teams, and below par blocking and tackling helped the other team execute their game plan and wrecked ours. Looking at the film, when we blocked and tackled our game plan worked quite well, but as was the case with the rest of the season we had a consistency issue.
Maybe you should apply. I hear there are school board members who want to fire the coa ch in Loraine so you polish up your resume and get it in.
Further, I know for a fact that our school district is always on the look out for quality employees with degrees and state certifications.

I will second that and add to it Coach Popham. If board members would like to terminate coaches or employees of ANY school it would not be done on this type of forum. If any board member is found doing so, they might want to read up about a certain volleyball coach from Amarillo having to deal with board member issues, it's public record and the papers covered it well.
Furthermore, any future candidate looking for employment or just simply curious that reads these posts, as most Coaches do, forms opinions of the school's mentioned, They size up the attitudes of the fans, parents, coaches, or vocal board members of that said school. If looking for a job they can also look up the pay for that school, that is also a public record, to see if it would be worth seeking employment there. Sometimes, if still interested, they even reach out to the current AD, head coach, or other members of the staff to find out if future employment may be available and why. After they gather all of their information they can then make a decision on whether or not that school is worth applying too. So you see, running a coach down on a public forum can have adverse effects for future employment for your school.
When mudslingers get involved on a public forum a lot of future employees remember that school and simply never apply. Other coaches just sit and wonder how a coach can have that thick of skin. Administrators from other schools not even involved can have this brought to their attention and then those administrators understand why they received that coach's resume back in September.
The sad thing is there are plenty of jobs out there every year for coaches, so please don't threaten a coach with their job on a public forum. I don't think they work countless hours a week to simply lose games on Fridays just so you can vent. I know for a fact that high school athletes read this stuff so as adults we should all stay a little more classy.
Finally, Congrats to the teams that are still playing and have a great time in the playoffs! Remember to always win with class, lose with class.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

I will second that and add to it Coach Popham. If board members would like to terminate coaches or employees of ANY school it would not be done on this type of forum. If any board member is found doing so, they might want to read up about a certain volleyball coach from Amarillo having to deal with board member issues, it's public record and the papers covered it well.
Furthermore, any future candidate looking for employment or just simply curious that reads these posts, as most Coaches do, forms opinions of the school's mentioned, They size up the attitudes of the fans, parents, coaches, or vocal board members of that said school. If looking for a job they can also look up the pay for that school, that is also a public record, to see if it would be worth seeking employment there. Sometimes, if still interested, they even reach out to the current AD, head coach, or other members of the staff to find out if future employment may be available and why. After they gather all of their information they can then make a decision on whether or not that school is worth applying too. So you see, running a coach down on a public forum can have adverse effects for future employment for your school.
When mudslingers get involved on a public forum a lot of future employees remember that school and simply never apply. Other coaches just sit and wonder how a coach can have that thick of skin. Administrators from other schools not even involved can have this brought to their attention and then those administrators understand why they received that coach's resume back in September.
The sad thing is there are plenty of jobs out there every year for coaches, so please don't threaten a coach with their job on a public forum. I don't think they work countless hours a week to simply lose games on Fridays just so you can vent. I know for a fact that high school athletes read this stuff so as adults we should all stay a little more classy.
Finally, Congrats to the teams that are still playing and have a great time in the playoffs! Remember to always win with class, lose with class.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Well said coach

Avergage ranking of Loraine's D2 opponents using D2 rankings 29 Average ranking of Cherokee's's D2 opponents using D2 rankings 33.2

Avergage ranking of Loraine's D2 wins using D2 rankings 46.5 Average ranking of Cherokee's's D2 wins using D2 rankings 39
Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back