Spanking the Rankings

Klaactu

Six-man fan
I don't get how the schools are ranked at SMF.COM. This morning (11/29/20), Richland Springs is ranked 5th. They should at least be ranked 4th as they are one of the four teams still left in the hunt. Jayton and Motley County are ranked 3rd and 4th and their football seasons are over. When Richland Springs wins the state championship, are they still not going to be ranked 1st? How are these ranks determined? Who has the final say?

Klaactu":2sjuis6c said:
I don't get how the schools are ranked at SMF.COM. This morning (11/29/20), Richland Springs is ranked 5th. They should at least be ranked 4th as they are one of the four teams still left in the hunt. Jayton and Motley County are ranked 3rd and 4th and their football seasons are over. When Richland Springs wins the state championship, are they still not going to be ranked 1st? How are these ranks determined? Who has the final say?
This comes up at least every year. Granger explains it much better but basically it’s all done by computer. No human input so I guess you could complain to Al Gore, the inventor of the internet. ...........

Klaactu":wukw2syq said:
I agree with you. Those spine tingling victories over Austin Royal, Darrouzett and SA FEAST Homeschool should qualify Richland Springs for AT least the number Two rating in Division 2.

Richland Springs takes whoever will play them. Sure, some of the teams are walkovers. The boys need some exercise on Friday night.

Texlonghorn75":2qyylwim said:
Klaactu":2qyylwim said:
I agree with you. Those spine tingling victories over Austin Royal, Darrouzett and SA FEAST Homeschool should qualify Richland Springs for AT least the number Two rating in Division 2.

To quote the great Lando Calrissian from Star Wars, "you've got a lot of nerve showing up here after what you pulled!" You do realize JB and the yotes' are one game away from the state championship? JB took on your pick to win the east, Calvert, and sent them to the roundball gym?

While I suspect the western team will win the state title, I think Strawn v. Richland is a toss up. How can RS be so close to winning #10? No Rigdons? JB "lost all his good players from last year's team." Although I have no seen them play this year, all Jerry does is "win, win, no matter what!" Thus, he is obviously a good coach.

TebowTime15":2d8y9gk8 said:
Texlonghorn75":2d8y9gk8 said:
Klaactu":2d8y9gk8 said:

To quote the great Lando Calrissian from Star Wars, "you've got a lot of nerve showing up here after what you pulled!" You do realize JB and the yotes' are one game away from the state championship? JB took on your pick to win the east, Calvert, and sent them to the roundball gym?

While I suspect the western team will win the state title, I think Strawn v. Richland is a toss up. How can RS be so close to winning #10? No Rigdons? JB "lost all his good players from last year's team." Although I have no seen them play this year, all Jerry does is "win, win, no matter what!" Thus, he is obviously a good coach.
Please show me where I picked Calvert to win against Richland Springs? You are confused and have a lot of time on your hands. I think you might be smoking something illegal for educators? Stick to watching Star Wars when you aren't determining the weight of all those RS coyotes. TE needs to avoid you. Yep, JB does like those walkovers too and winning those games is a pathetic attempt to pump up RS record. Why did JB take May off Richland Springs schedule? Even the Rigdon's realized that JB needs to man up some. So far Calvert is the only team of note that RS has beaten if the Cherokee scare isn't mentioned. So many questions, so little time.

Texlonghorn75":p599fpc9 said:
TebowTime15":p599fpc9 said:
Texlonghorn75":p599fpc9 said:
Klaactu":p599fpc9 said:

Please show me where I picked Calvert to win against Richland Springs? You are confused and have a lot of time on your hands. I think you might be smoking something illegal for educators? Stick to watching Star Wars when you aren't determining the weight of all those RS coyotes. TE needs to avoid you. Yep, JB does like those walkovers too and winning those games is a pathetic attempt to pump up RS record. Why did JB take May off Richland Springs schedule? Even the Rigdon's realized that JB needs to man up some. So far Calvert is the only team of note that RS has beaten if the Cherokee scare isn't mentioned. So many questions, so little time.

Oh sorry, I think I got you and Giggem confused. Please accept my sincerest apologizes!

Maybe you are right about JB not wanting to play good teams in the regular season, but he obviously is not scared of the best come playoff time. While you have been a model citizen the last few months, please refrain from slandering me as I have never done illegal drugs in my entire life. Can I not even bring up the words "Richland Springs" or "Jerry Burkhart" without you viciously attacking me?

I <3 you, Tex!

Klaactu":3c25svml said:
Richland Springs takes whoever will play them. Sure, some of the teams are walkovers. The boys need some exercise on Friday night.

You sure about that statement? If I remember correctly RS cancelled their game against Rankin..
TebowTime you are correct, I did pick Calvert to beat RS this year (Calvert did have 3 starters injured) I was wrong, you were right. I'll own up. I'm actually impressed with JBs kid, decent speed, size, and athleticism. I wouldnt say he was a Mathew Rigdon though.. who took Carlisle to the playoffs playing QB, RB, and DE. I think ole Big Rig is looking to play college ball. I sure hope the Rigdons come back to the 6man game. Chaca is the real deal as an 8th grader, while Griff was a 2× all-state player. He will be a senior next year. Just sayin.

I did hear that RS had 3-4 new faces on the team this year but that maybe hearsay. If not, good for those young men on that team to step up and play ball.

I don't think anyone can ask more from you than that. Personally, I am very proud of you!

Calvert/Richland was a toss up and I suspect Richland/Strawn will be a toss up. Winning "toss up" games makes someone a good coach. If you remember, I said Richland would make it 2 rounds for sure and then start playing teams more their level. Besides Cherokee playing their butts off, and they deserve a lot of credit as well because they were in "toss ups" with both Richland and Calvert, Richland did just that. Lee vs. Burkhart is always fun, and Lee or Burkhart against Vance Jones, assuming Balmorhea wins, will be fun for the state title.

While I do not keep up with 11-man as much as sixman, I am glad "Big Rig" won another state title. QB huh? He might be able to play at the next level if he finds the right situation and position. To me, his lateral quickness screams defensive line, but he could be a big bruiser-type back if people still ran that type of offense. Although others may not, I wish all the Rigdons the best of luck!

Going back to the original post, RS is ranked #5 because they are not as good as teams #1 through #4. Just because they are one of the final four teams left playing doesn't make them better than a team no longer playing. A lot comes down to the strength of teams in your region. By your logic, Blum should be ranked #4 in the big-boy Division. Are they better than Westbrook, Rankin, Happy, or Knox City? Not a chance. By the same token, RS is not better than Jayton or Motley County.

Still, it's comical to see a Richland Springs fan whining about the rankings when strength of schedule is taken into consideration when gonk-u-lating them.

Yew knowd, it iz done true we didn’t play them Rankin fellers, but we done did play that powerhouse Bradychelle (only cuz the U. I. of L. Done made us). So I figger we done shud git extrie ranking points fer that...

TebowTime15":2okvf6zm said:
Texlonghorn75":2okvf6zm said:
Klaactu":2okvf6zm said:

Richland Springs shouldn't even lay claim to last years trophy. That trophy should be officially designated the Rigdon Trophy to honor those players who sacrifice a couple of years of their life bringing the trophy to the victory starved masses of Richland Springs. Yes it would be the right thing to do. Jerry is real tough on those home school teams. Great job JB. So the RS players get real excited playing those neophyte teams? So many questions, so little time.

Goob":xdk2i6hn said:
One thing iz fer sure: RS iz better than Water Valley
Wrong again old timer. At least going by "the toy's" rankings. It's got the WV at 383 and RS at 377. The Wildcats would be a touchdown favorite going in. Just sayin'...

I don't really want to enter this argument, but the spreads are scaled this year, for the first time ever, so WV would only be about a 4-point fave.

granger":o1oo0i26 said:
I don't really want to enter this argument, but the spreads are scaled this year, for the first time ever, so WV would only be about a 4-point fave.

Oh no. The Toy has been scaled! Fraud!

51eleven":23p0njnj said:
granger":23p0njnj said:

Oh no. The Toy has been scaled! Fraud!
And all by the man behind the curtain.

Back