Snow yet?

A bit last night. I don't think it stuck to anything but vehicles.

**EDIT**

School's closed for students today. :D 8)

No Snow as of yet,Plenty of sleet.which is worse..

Weatherlady Rebecca Miller,that women hasn;t aged a bit

Oh i got to go, she's knocking at my door :twisted:

markf":2n7jzrs6 said:

Becky's still doin' the weather? Have they still got the other 2 guys who were Harold's assistants?

We've only gotten some sleet here, which I agree, is worse then snow. We're getting some snow flurries today, but it's not supposed to be for much longer. Too bad it couldn't happen last night so we could cancel work today. :?

Old Bearkat":3fiqqm3k said:
markf":3fiqqm3k said:

Becky's still doin' the weather? Have they still got the other 2 guys who were Harold's assistants?

Yep Bearkat,Becky is still doing the weather here,Finfrock is the other weatherguy,these two learned from Harold Taft,surely you remember him?

Also we still have the Bow tie man,Troy Duncan!

Lot of ice here in Mesquite,Have Not seen a single snowflake

Many of our area lakes have came up,due to this past weekends rains

Forgot the other assistant other than Finfrock,Could it be Scott Chestner??

Last time i heard Chestner was working at a Tyler Station...

You remember weather lady Jocelyn White? :lol: I dd do

markf":5w14h8va said:
Old Bearkat":5w14h8va said:
markf":5w14h8va said:

Yep Bearkat,Becky is still doing the weather here,Finfrock is the other weatherguy,these two learned from Harold Taft,surely you remember him?

Also we still have the Bow tie man,Troy Duncan!

Lot of ice here in Mesquite,Have Not seen a single snowflake

Many of our area lakes have came up,due to this past weekends rains

David Finfrock! That's it. I can remember Becky's name, 'cuz she is good lookin' and well endowed.

I never really liked that bow-tied clown.

Harold Taft- "The World's Greatest Weatherman"

Here in Angelo we had quite a day Wednesday. School was delayed two hours. Everybody is slip sliding all over trying to get to school. So few people are showing up that they announce that no one will be counted absent. We have kids leaving school on their own. Then they announce early release . When we dismissed all the ice had melted.

But wait it gets better Angelo State University had regular hours Wednesday but delayed school until 11 today. There wasn't a bit of ice on the streets. ASU hardly ever does something like that and I should know. I crammed four years into six and a half while I was there. :mrgreen:

Goober Lives

markf":1yoibhbj said:
Forgot the other assistant other than Finfrock,Could it be Scott Chestner??

Last time i heard Chestner was working at a Tyler Station...

You remember weather lady Jocelyn White? :lol: I dd do

Yep I remember her. When did scott leave Ch 5?

Scott,Has been gone from the DFW area prolly about 3-4 years,He was here for at least 20 yrs,After he left here,i believe he went to Sherman,Now last time i heard he was in Tyler/Longview...Google, Scott Chesner weather Blooper...Careful :shock: lol

markf":387suzbb said:
Scott,Has been gone from the DFW area prolly about 3-4 years,He was here for at least 20 yrs,After he left here,i believe he went to Sherman,Now last time i heard he was in Tyler/Longview...Google, Scott Chesner weather Blooper...Careful :shock: lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :D

Fellow Texans, and expatriates like me,

I did something that I have not done before up here. We took the older scouts this weekend for a winter survival campout. The local scout camp had at least 18" of undisturbed snow on the ground with some areas drifted up to 4 ft. and two other scoutmasters and I took 10 boys on a 2 mile hike to the back end of the camp, where the boys (one of them was my #3 son) built their shelters while we adults set up shop in the marginally warmer adirondack.

For those of you who don't know, an adirondack is a 3 walled cabin with one side open. The boys did a number of different shelters from Ranger ravine shelters to a quinze (type of igloo). The temperature dropped to 3F Saturday night. Doggone cold, and it did not wamr up too much over that before we hiked back out Sunday morning.

I think my knee might quit hurting by this upcoming weekend. Walking through deep snow carrying a backpack is dang tough on joints.

I am going to be the first to go on record and question your sanity. Winter survival? Did you not hear about a bunch a while back called the Donners? Surely, there was a Holiday Inn close, if so I would have come and helped. I could have helped the young'uns with their whittlin' and spitting and cussing merit badges.

Can't wait to hear what Devil says about this. You talk about opening the gate.

Back