I think this is the answer to the
What 6man player/scholarship question.

Without any rankings to complain about,
perhaps we could be more clear
in our trivial pursuits?
ie: quote question-give answer
jus sayin'

Here are a few questions for yall!

1. In Coach Underwood's book there are a few errors in listing the year and team photos of the State Championship and Runner Up teams. Which team photo is NOT the correct team photo for the year(s) they are labled as?

(I will be surprised if someone can get this one!)

2. a. Who was the coach at Paint Creek when they ran the fabled "Paint Creek Spread"?
b. What professional football team did he play for before becoming the Paint Creek coach?

3. What year was the first Texas Six-Man Coaches Association Football All-Star Game played? And where was it played at?

Get all 3 correct and I may give you a prize...even Granger can play this game

Q:
Which team has the most consecutive wins?

I think the Fort Hancock number is wrong...wasn't it 70 or 71 wins in a row...or was that total wins over a time period? If your number of 54 is correct then...you are wrong...I submit to you that because you did not clarify "Texas" teams only that I will submit my best guess answer would be...

A: Claremont, South Dakota - 1940s-50s - 61 wins in a row

51eleven":2zsxs0zx said:
Dern Smokey, 1945's what I read. Thought I'd found an obscure question. You an ex Coach? Where did Coach Mayfield Coach?
Littlefield, Borger, Permian High School, West Texas A&M, Levelland

Just to throw this out there, Fort Hancock has a banner that claims 70 straight wins "2nd longest in the nation" in 1992. It hangs at the north end of their Gym.

jc_30":132o2asj said:
Just to throw this out there, Fort Hancock has a banner that claims 70 straight wins "2nd longest in the nation" in 1992. It hangs at the north end of their Gym.

Did you play for one of those Ft Hancock teams JC? If so, would that make you about 55 years old? ;-)

Funny joke...and told you it was 70 or 71...

And are there no takers on my 3 trivia questions??? (4 questions if you count Beltran's jersey number)

Thought yall would be up for a challenge

If anyone gets it correct I will give you a dvd of one of the state games played in the 1980s...winners pick (minus 1986 bc I don't have that one)

Back