Six Man, Texas film

oneday":3i5kleix said:
Correcting Dogfae...the UIL ONLY sells the 2010 and 2011 State Finals on DVD...
Sorry,
I'll try to be more specific next time.
I thought the UIL held exclusive rights to sell the State games,
and they have only the recent ones.
Is that closer?

Man,............... With the correction oversight on this forum, I will have to be more careful with my choice of subject matter in the future. LOL

I wish the UIL had every State game! In fact I think it's a shame that didn't film every State game.

I knew you didn't mean they had every State game film Dogface...just didn't want someone else thinking they did...

I never got to see the movie, Six Man, Texas. Is it available anywhere for rental? I understand that they has some issues with releases from those in the film after a briefcase with the releases was stolen. Will it ever see the light of day again?
Was looking back through the forums and as producer/editor of the film Six Man Texas I am excited to announce the film has finally been released on Amazon Prime! The project was a labor of love of the late Alan Barber who who spent many years of his life trying to get the 6 man communities and small Texas town stories to be told. Now his dream is finally a reality! Please spread the word!!

See it now on Prime Video!
https://watch.amazon.com/detail?gti...f161c&territory=US&ref_=share_ios_movie&r=web

Glad to see that the film has made it to Amazon. Alan Barber worked tirelessly to get this film out to the public.
I had spoken to him just a few weeks before he passed away and he was working on making extra copies to release.
The film also has a dear friend of mine in it, Bennie Cotton, who passed away in 2015. Bennie was the ultimate high school football
fan and traveled all over the state watching games for over 50 years. Some of you old-timers on here may have met him or
at least know of him as he spent a lot of time in West Texas watching six-man games.
Thanks Mike Scannell for alerting everyone about the film being available on Amazon. Looking forward to watching !!
RIP Bennie and Alan.

Last edited:
Back