Documentary SIX MAN, TEXAS released!

Mike Scannell

11-man fan
As producer/editor of the film Six Man Texas I am excited to announce the film has finally been released on Amazon Prime! The project was a labor of love of the director, the late Alan Barber from Lubbock. He spent 15 years years trying to get the 6 man community and small Texas town story told. Now his dream is finally a reality! Please spread the word!!

Check it out now on Prime Video!
https://watch.amazon.com/detail?gti...f161c&territory=US&ref_=share_ios_movie&r=web

@Mike Scannell do you have a link to purchase on Amazon?
You can find it on any streaming device by searching “Six Man Texas” on the Amazon Prime Video app or at the following link:

Just watched it via Amazon Prime.

I also really enjoyed it.

I think it would be particularly interesting - in some written format - to bring all of the main characters up-to-date to 2022. I realized that Three Way ISD came back as population in that community began to grow again.

I think it would be particularly interesting - in some written format - to bring all of the main characters up-to-date to 2022. I realized that Three Way ISD came back as population in that community began to grow again.
I believe that is not the same Three Way that you are thinking about.

And after watching Sixman Texas, whatever happened to Benny Weaver? He was coaching at Mullin up until just a few years ago. Raised some good boys that could really play the game.

I think it would be particularly interesting - in some written format - to bring all of the main characters up-to-date to 2022.
Just did the same here and loved it. Kind of got sad to see how schools like Three Way (in the documentary) and Novice are gone.
I don’t know about the up to date part but it would be nice to have a 2023/24 version with
* schools like Menard, Mertzon (IC) and Ranger to talk about moving to six man
* coaches like Richie and Matlock to talk about returning to coach in six man after graduating
* Texas 1A fan and others as they have given more of a spotlight with the social media since the documentary released
* and also fans/people in the towns to talk about life now

I believe that is not the same Three Way that you are thinking about.
Yes, the Three Way mentioned was called Maple Three Way it is the team that tied the 1986 Fort Hancock team.
Read about it here in this well written article by Leman Saunders

Yes, the Three Way mentioned was called Maple Three Way it is the team that tied the 1986 Fort Hancock team.
Read about it here in this well written article by Leman Saunders

Attachments

• maple.jpg
    maple.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 9
Back