6-man football teams wanted for Swedish documentary

Tobbe56

11-man fan
Hi,
As the topic says I´m looking for a 6-man football team to appear in a shorter Swedish documentary. I work for the swedish national federation and will visit Texas in mid-october to cover different types of football being played.

A short background.
We´ve just voted on a new national player development program. It originates from Canadas work with LongTerm Athletic Development and focuses on creating environments to develop athletes rather than football players or perhaps more fitting people rather than players.
We´ve struggled with dwindling numbers the last couple of years and people insists on playing 11-man football with just 14-15 kids on the roster. I want to show the width of football that actually exists and pretty much everything I´m looking for is in the lone star state.

The US of course the natural leader regarding football, but what we get is pretty much NFL-games and Hard Knocks, college games and the dreaded documentaries Last chance U and Friday Night Tykes. When you summarize these it´s not really representative of player development or childrens- and youth football as a whole. I simply want to show the football that I know and love.

Requirements
- Need to have a game within 3 hours driving distance of Frisco (where I´ll be staying) on Friday October 12th
- Comply with UILs rules regarding copyright (written consent from both participating schools)

Request
-Open for interview with HC
-Open for filming a practice
-Open for filming a JV Game (copyright rules apply here as well)
-Open for interviews with 1-3 players

I really hope that we can spread 6-man football across the globe. One thing is for sure, it´s a perfect fit for us here i Sweden in my oppinion. Specially when we´re trying to establish the sport in new communities.

I hope that you all enjoy the magic of Friday night tonight. Can´t wait until I can do the same.

/Tobias Stenstrom

Thank you all for great response to an outsider like me.

Besides your comments here I have about a dozen PMs as well and I´m sure that we´ll work something out.
I love the passion here and I hope that I can bring that passion back home to Sweden in some way.

/Toby

Back