Scrimmages

Garrett2810

11-man fan
Who is everybody scrimmaging this week? Oglesby dominated Athens Prep this morning. Good luck to everybody I'm glad football is finally here! Go Tigers!

That's good to hear about Paducha Coach Willis was my coach and I still talk to him all the time I hope they make a run for state this season.

coachsatcher":1qgqrr1o said:
Mount Calm
Calvert
Buckholts
Aggieland

@ Calvert Saturday at 10:00am.

Watching Mt. Calm and Calvert go at it was like a playoff game. The hits were amazing. Calvert destroyed us and then took it to Aggieland. Mt. Calm scored five times on us and we didn't get a first down against them. Calvert didn't get a first down against Mt. Calm, much less score. Mount Calm didn't score either, but mustered two or three first downs. I know it was just a scrimmage, but seeing Mt. Calm and Calvert play at this level was the best scrimmage I have ever seen!

Went to a 4-way scrimmage in May. It had Aquilla, Rochelle, Robert Lee and May. With two teams scrimmaging at the same time on both ends of the field, it is hard to get a good feel on just how good these teams will be. But you do get impressions, so I'll share those impressions.

First, Rochelle started out like a house on fire. Their good RB looked to be in mid-season form. By the time they got to their third scrimmage, it looked like they were running out of gas.

Robert Lee started slow, making quite a few mistakes. But they seemed to really need the playing time because they looked better with every scrimmage.

Aquilla's coach seemed to approach these scrimmages the way a coach should. For any that don't know Aquilla has a hoss for a RB. That RB played about half of their offensive plays. Obviously the Coach knows what he has in that RB and was intent on raising the level of play on everyone else on the team. And quite frankly, that level of play needs to be raised for Aquilla to make a deep playoff run.

May looks to have another solid team. They rotated about four RBs in and out. None were standouts like Aquilla's or Rochelle's, but all four played well.

I think it is probably a mistake to place too much emphesis on the number of TD's scored in the first scrimmage. Honostly, all of the Coach's were trying to get a good look at everyone on the team and it doesn't necessarily reflect how good the teams will be at mid-season.

I think it is silly for a fan to take anything of meaning away from a scrimmage. No one wins a scrimmage. Smart coaches are sandbagging. It's all about the kids some reps, and getting them used to game-time situations.

Yes, they will be there as well, but since we are in the same district, we won't play each other..Campbell will play Fannindel and Saint Jo I believe.

Getting ready for our scrimmage tomorrow against Allen Academy, so we went to Coolidge last night to watch Mount Calm play Coolidge. Pretty good game. Coolidge has tons of kids - 20+. In the scrimmage portion, they were even three scores a piece. In the live quarter, Mt. Calm won 3-2. A few very sloppy plays, but the athleticism was there for both teams.

Coolidge is really good, and have improved since last year. Mt. Calm is not even the same team. Theyre playing huge against teams that should be better than them and will make a huge dent in DII. No clue how they're ranked below us or tons of teams, but by the end of the season, both these teams will climb the rankings.

Come out tomorrow morning to support the Buckholts Badgers!!!

Back