SAST

Because there's no way to know whether what you've been told is true. If it is, maybe it will come out Monday. If it isn't true, or doesn't come out in the hearing, it's irrelevant. This isn't the place for gossip. If you have facts relevant to the hearing I'd urge you to contact those involved so they can try to use it Monday.

Also because I'll be the one who has to take the calls, emails, and texts regarding things said on this forum that people don't like and I'd rather spend my time doing something else.
Mike I’ve been a fan of this site since I was in school back in the 20 so years ago and have read a whole bunch of stuff through the years some god and some pretty bad! Anyways I have never really posted anything just check in to see the shows that go on anyways I just feel deleting post and catering to people cause they grip or whatever is pretty lame. I know you have to deal with all the stuff but I was just telling you what I was told from someone in the school. Anyways can’t please everyone but me along with a lot of people are following this and I would have never said anything but I figured it was pretty interesting so I went through the trouble to figure out my password and log in to tell everyone! I’m not pro Burkhart, rs, or Mullin ect I did go to school there but that was before Burkhart why I’m following and not saying he didn’t do anything wrong cause it’s pretty obvious. Just saying idk why everyone’s mad lol and are we not supposed to question anything or just go along with somthing just cause it’s wrote up in a news paper? Anyways I don’t like being called a lier for telling people interested in this topic what is being said in rs! So delete this post like my last if u want but I hope that this sensorship is used across the board cause seems like I’m getting called out pretty quick! Touchy subject I guess

Anyways I don’t like being called a lier for telling people interested in this topic what is being said in rs! So delete this post like my last if u want but I hope that this sensorship is used across the board cause seems like I’m getting called out pretty quick! Touchy subject I guess

Don't take it personal. The rumors and useless posts have been going for a while and I've just recently started trying to crack down on it more to make this a more positive place for fans, players and coaches. Seems like a large majority of posts here lately are largely negative and argumentative. I'd like to turn that around.

For more on my stance on the crap posts: https://sixmanfootball.com/threads/forum-rules-added-modified.35193/post-278608

"It's nothing personal" says Cherokee superintendent Jennifer Bordner regarding the DEC's rulings. Yeah. Right.
Listen up if you think Jennifer Bordner is taking this personal you need help . She has to be one of the Nicest Fairest person I’ve ever met . My son was a pretty good player in high school and a scholar . But one day a kid push my son to his limits and that kid got the short end of the stick that day . We had one game left and was favored big time to win that game which we would have . But she did the right thing and both kids involved we not able to play that night . We lost that game but the most important lesson learn that night went to those two kids . I respectfully agreed with the Punishment handed out. . Don’t try to push the blame on Cherokee for someone else’s actions . She has a job to do just like the other 3 DEC . Get off the gas with that B.S. . In fact we don’t care about the outcome one way or the other . We will show up and play and give are all and if we come up short so be it . But if we win we want to win in a fairly matter . Enough about pushing the blame on others . I wish nothing but the best for the kids and coaches in Richland Springs .

I little reply to tigerman85's comment..."What I don’t believe in is taking the opportunity to play sports from a kid."
1. simply stay and play where you live or 2. move/transfer and risk being varsity ineligible but even then they can still play at the JV level. That is the risk in moving/transfer. Either way the opportunity to play is always there...stay and play where you are or risk playing on JV elsewhere...playing on JV is still giving the opportunity to play football

I little reply to tigerman85's comment..."What I don’t believe in is taking the opportunity to play sports from a kid."
1. simply stay and play where you live or 2. move/transfer and risk being varsity ineligible but even then they can still play at the JV level. That is the risk in moving/transfer. Either way the opportunity to play is always there...stay and play where you are or risk playing on JV elsewhere...playing on JV is still giving the opportunity to play football
They also have 30 days to return to the school they moved from and be varsity eligible — once they are determined to be ineligible at the new school that is

Playing JV is kinda like taking a shower with a raincoat on.
Not much point to it.

Playing JV is kinda like taking a shower with a raincoat on.
Not much point to it.
Playing JV helps a kid get game experience a lot better than watching from the bench. Game experience sharpens skills whether it is varsity, JV, or whatever. As long as a kid is getting experience playing against someone other than being a tackling dummy for the varsity he is working on his skills.

My two cents: Richland has been doing extremely questionable things for a long time. Although I could give you the names of players going back decades, that might violate some vaguely defined community standard.

It is so hard to prove cheating, especially since the committee does not possess subpoena power. Frankly, I am not sure how they acquired those phone records. If the phone records corroborate the Mullin Coach, as they apper to do, then I think this is the end of an era. Given the history and difficulty of catching offenders, particularly Richland Springs, I think the punishment will be very harsh.

I do vehemently disagree, however, with not allowing the kid in question to play in two years. One year is a harsh enough punishment, maybe even too harsh in my opinion. I think the Lohn Superintendent recognized this rather than doing Burkhart a favor.

Ps. Jerry Burkhart will be one HECK of a realtor in San Saba County!

Last edited:
Back