SAST

This isn't the place for any "I heard" or "he/she said" crap. Let's stick to the facts and find out what happens on Monday.
The facts are, I know the truth. We will see if the UIL knows the truth on Monday.
i wonder how long it would take to pay off a slander settlement on school employee pay?
There may be some looking for oil field jobs in west Texas.

wow y’all sure get mad easy lol it’s what I heard from people that go to the school so get mad all you want! Everyone’s interested in this and it’s a forum about it was just gonna put that out there lol guess people don’t like “I heard” statments then what really is this site gonna talk bout

This isn't the place for any "I heard" or "he/she said" crap. Let's stick to the facts and find out what happens on Monday.
I heard the same, this isn’t about the game on the field though Mike. It’s a discussion.. you guys know when things like this get posted there will be people with opinions and he say she say…

At the end of the day.. Richard Springs has been doing this for awhile… when I was playing at Milford they were doing the same…. This is nothing new… we will see what the UIL rules this week.. we know how much everyone loves the Richland Springs Coyotes and we appreciate them and Jerry B making our sport marketable… 9 rings recruiting or not is hard to get so I will always respect him for that but he hasn’t done things right… Jamie Rigdon and Coach Tipton should still be running the coyotes, none of this would be going on if Jerry had never come back, I believe this will be the beginning of the end for the Coyotes.. in my opinion..

Go Dawgs!

So a brand new account comes on and throws a crazy accusation we have never heard before? You can't control this website anymore and get stuff to follow your narrative. It's the same cycle every time. You don't like the way the facts are stacking up against richland so you create your own facts to misinform or you get these threads shut down before everyone can see what's going on.

A new member scolding a new member. Funny.

I do agree with you. Misinformation needs to stop. It has been running rampant for a long, long time. Thus my comments about hearsay above. Or is hearsay only allowed when it agrees with your narrative?

Fact (actual facts, not opinions presented as fact) needs to be discussed more, not less. I will say that outside of an ignorant comment or two, this thread has been civil. Bravo.

At the end of the day.. Richard Springs has been doing this for awhile… when I was playing at Milford they were doing the same…. This is nothing new…

More "facts". Do you have *anything* to backup your statement?

You should stick to comedy.

A new member scolding a new member. Funny.

I do agree with you. Misinformation needs to stop. It has been running rampant for a long, long time. Thus my comments about hearsay above. Or is hearsay only allowed when it agrees with your narrative?

Fact (actual facts, not opinions presented as fact) needs to be discussed more, not less. I will say that outside of an ignorant comment or two, this thread has been civil. Bravo.
Sir, these facts are not only talked about in the article but will be discussed Monday. You don't have to argue. They are legitimate fact and will be made public with official documents on Monday.

The facts are, I know the truth. We will see if the UIL knows the truth on Monday.
i wonder how long it would take to pay off a slander settlement on school employee pay?
There may be some looking for oil field jobs in west Texas.
Do tell who in West, Texas is pulling these magical slander strings? cuz all i see is a battle between Mullin and RSHS. Come on.... surely you can tell us?

Y’all do know that high school student athletes getting recruited is not a new thing right? I mean most do know, others may think it’s a new thing. It’s been happening for very long time at every level and sport. I’m not saying it’s right by no means but it’s definitely not a new thing. I also believe in punishment for such acts. What I don’t believe in is taking the opportunity to play sports from a kid. All be it a kid who may or may not have made a bad decision or used poor judgment. Still just a kid. It’s the adults who who are in the positions to say “hey that’s not how things work” or “hey that could put us and you in a bad spot”. I guess my point is it’s a damn shame that the need to win by any means, out ways the chance to teach a young man right from wrong. After all isn’t that what we as parents and educators and coaches should be doing? The consequences will have much longer and possibly psychological affect on the young man than the adults involved. Just sayin

Dilla no disrespect meant I think many people assume things and jealousy rears it's ugly head when someone is on top It does happen unfortunately. With reading the article and you being from Rs what is your objective ( best you can) Opinion of the article only?
"It's nothing personal" says Cherokee superintendent Jennifer Bordner regarding the DEC's rulings. Yeah. Right.

Y’all do know that high school student athletes getting recruited is not a new thing right? I mean most do know, others may think it’s a new thing. It’s been happening for very long time at every level and sport. I’m not saying it’s right by no means but it’s definitely not a new thing. I also believe in punishment for such acts. What I don’t believe in is taking the opportunity to play sports from a kid. All be it a kid who may or may not have made a bad decision or used poor judgment. Still just a kid. It’s the adults who who are in the positions to say “hey that’s not how things work” or “hey that could put us and you in a bad spot”. I guess my point is it’s a damn shame that the need to win by any means, out ways the chance to teach a young man right from wrong. After all isn’t that what we as parents and educators and coaches should be doing? The consequences will have much longer and possibly psychological affect on the young man than the adults involved. Just sayin
Nailed it!

Everyone’s interested in this and it’s a forum about it was just gonna put that out there lol guess people don’t like “I heard” statments then what really is this site gonna talk bout

I heard the same, this isn’t about the game on the field though Mike. It’s a discussion.. you guys know when things like this get posted there will be people with opinions and he say she say…

No, not gonna happen. If we can't talk about the facts that were presented and leave the he said she said crap out of it, we can just shut this topic down and go back to talking about tonight's games instead.

"It's nothing personal" says Cherokee superintendent Jennifer Bordner regarding the DEC's rulings. Yeah. Right.
I don’t think it was personal. The DEC’s purpose is to be the gatekeepers of the rules. Holding district members to be fair and honest is their job. That’s why superintendents are on the board and not the coaches. Attacking a Superintendent for doing the job they are supposed to do is not fair. It’s ok to admit that RS at the very least was involved in something that doesn’t seem on the up and up. Hopefully the UIL will clear it all up.

I don’t think it was personal. The DEC’s purpose is to be the gatekeepers of the rules. Holding district members to be fair and honest is their job. That’s why superintendents are on the board and not the coaches. Attacking a Superintendent for doing the job they are supposed to do is not fair. It’s ok to admit that RS at the very least was involved in something that doesn’t seem on the up and up. Hopefully the UIL will clear it all up.

From the article:

"When Burkhart announced plans for Richland Springs to appeal the decision, the DEC members took a second vote, increasing the penalty to more than one year of varsity ineligibility and passing the final decision to the SEC, which can uphold the DEC decision or grant the appeal."

Is it normal to have a 2nd vote after such an announcement? I ask genuinely because I do not know. It seems a bit strange and vindictive.

No, not gonna happen. If we can't talk about the facts that were presented and leave the he said she said crap out of it, we can just shut this topic down and go back to talking about tonight's games instead.
That’s fine with me… shut the topic down Mike. Stop posting Richland Springs stuff, you guys know a lot of people will have a lot to say about the Richland springs coyotes… now on to games…

No Calvert for my bulldogs this week, we rest up and get ready for a great Union Hill Bulldog team next Friday!!

One pack!! Always!! GO DAWGS!!

And mike it’s a discussion a forum why turn crap off we’re not bashing anyone or calling names just telling u what I’ve been told but ur the boss u do what u want

Because there's no way to know whether what you've been told is true. If it is, maybe it will come out Monday. If it isn't true, or doesn't come out in the hearing, it's irrelevant. This isn't the place for gossip. If you have facts relevant to the hearing I'd urge you to contact those involved so they can try to use it Monday.

Also because I'll be the one who has to take the calls, emails, and texts regarding things said on this forum that people don't like and I'd rather spend my time doing something else.

From the article:

"When Burkhart announced plans for Richland Springs to appeal the decision, the DEC members took a second vote, increasing the penalty to more than one year of varsity ineligibility and passing the final decision to the SEC, which can uphold the DEC decision or grant the appeal."

Is it normal to have a 2nd vote after such an announcement? I ask genuinely because I do not know. It seems a bit strange and vindictive.
I think maybe the DEC was trying to not punish the kid? Not sure. But UIL rules say if an athlete is “recruited” it’s a mandatory 2 year wait to be eligible. So… if RS appeals the one year (the DEC offered) at the UIL state level, then the DEC would have to follow the guidelines of the recruited athlete rule… 2 years. Free passes to hop in and out of schools disregarding rules does not build character for the students and shows a lack of it in the adults.
I hope in a room full of adults, whose job in life is to educate, train, and care for students, that the adults would be concerned about the student more than the other stuff. Honestly, all RS should have done was what was best for the student (not the school). Do not accept the transfer. All of this could have been avoided.

Back