Sand bagging on snapshot Friday

tobyvann

11-man fan
How can a School turn in 90 and they have 22 players 7 cheerleaders 45? Or so band members. That’s 74 I guess everyone is in the band.

May does use 7th grade and up for band. There is no sand bagging going on. What exactly is it that you are upset about? May doesn’t even have a gas station.....

I’m not upset they are good. I just see schools barely having enough for a jv and varsity and 6 cheerleaders then you get a varsity with more than your jv and varsity together. You hear rumors of this and that as to how they did it. Who checks the numbers that’s turned in.

ATM who sponsored the bands travel to state? Band was good by the way. So if they use 7th graders do they use 7th graders at the state band competition. Just wondering how that works.

I’m going to try and answer your question but I don’t have the exact answers but schools are permitted to make a composite band of 7th and 8th grade band members added to the high school band. Yes they compete in the UIL marching band contests like May did at the state level this year. They still have to do two years of high school level varsity marching to letter. As for who sponsored them.....I don’t really know what information you are looking for. They had lots of donors that helped ease the cost of the trip but it’s the same as if the football team goes to state or basketball team. Forestburg played a hard fought game. Y’all have some good athletes. I hope that yalls program continues to grow.

unless it has changed the snapshot is based on PEIMS info. It is correct their are several formulas that can be used, but the info is what schools use to get paid among other things. Really doubt someone would mess themselves out of money but guess could happen. Sure someone else can describe this better and as I say it could have changed.

tobyvann":1bbsni2l said:
I’m not upset they are good. I just see schools barely having enough for a jv and varsity and 6 cheerleaders then you get a varsity with more than your jv and varsity together. You hear rumors of this and that as to how they did it. Who checks the numbers that’s turned in.

The UIL double-checks and confirms the PEIMS info which is through the Texas Education Agency. There is a reason why there is a few months' gap between snapshot day and release of new realignment. It takes some time. And there are schools that have all/most of their students involved in extracurriculars, 74 out of 90 doesn't surprise me at all.

From my understanding your money comes in at weighted average daily attendance WADA. Which is comprised of pre k thru 12 th grade. I didn’t know how the band worked I guess it’s like a sport you can move up not down. They looked pretty cool marching around the track. Good luck to may ATM.

Back