RS vs JONESBORO

I'm not putting RS down. They have an extremely good team, and arguably the best coaching staff in sixman. I'm just saying they aren't invincible. IMO, their reputation is intimidating to opponents - giving them a mental advantage. I don't believe they will have this advantage over Jonesboro.
On a side note, I'm picking Milford vs Grandfalls for the championship.

CowboyP":274c2rgx said:
I'm not putting RS down. They have an extremely good team, and arguably the best coaching staff in sixman. I'm just saying they aren't invincible. IMO, their reputation is intimidating to opponents - giving them a mental advantage. I don't believe they will have this advantage over Jonesboro.
On a side note, I'm picking Milford vs Grandfalls for the championship.
Somehow I think your prediction brings comfort to the Coyote fans and fear to the Eagle's ......................... Just sayin'.......

I kinda have to agree with CowboyP that RS can seem like an unbeatable team because they have proven themselves over and over again to be champions and factor in that RS gets to play at home.... Thats pretty intimidating.... If Jonesboro can put that out of their minds and just play ball...it should be a pretty good game....

That’s a good term to focus on .................."Execution", the last 2 times I have seen RS play, their execution has been in the 90% range of flawless.

I see RS wining, but I’m rooting for Jonesboro and Im hoping they bring the spirit of the Eagle and the Buffaloe with them...

Jonesborro by a field goal as time expires in the forth....:) Hey....it could happen!

I don't mind being wrong;) its just part of learning.

Good luck to both teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From hearing you boys jabber i understand J-boro and Milford are the best two 6 man teams in the country. I rekin i just want go to the game friday nite cause I hate to see the Coyotes lose..But it's been a hell of a ride. good luck to J-boro and Milford in the state quarters are wherever they will meet..Dern ya'll done depressed me. I guess we don't have a Chance......

A BIG IF ....If RS wins state this yr they will earn it more then any other year .....good luck to all the teams still in the hunt

Otil, I don't think that you know nearly as much about six-man ball as you let on. Any time a team wins a State Championship, they have earned it. Just because your team may not be a powerhouse doesn't mean that there are not others who are. Every year is a tough year to get to the final game.

Guess I don't in your eyes .....but I sure you do ...my statement is they will have to play harder teams before the big game ...everything I know about 6man football I learn from my coachs ..Mr Maddox and Mr Low... Heck Johnny you might be right ....

True ...hey there is no way 2 hill country teams can when the state game ...there are only two teams in the hill country and both are from San Saba area Cherokee and RS ...got to make a beer run unless you have any black label left or near beer from last night lol

Bill, I realize that you may just be toying with Otil on the subject, but Bill, sometimes a playoff team may seem well prepared against one opponent, and seem totally unprepared against another. Things are not always as they seem. Sometimes the competition can just make it look that way. Personally I haven't seen any playoff team in the last few years that didn't deserve to go as far as they went in the brackets.

On a semi-serious note; for all of you East Texans, be very cautious as you travel to and from the game in Richland Springs. The deer (& deer hunters) are thick in this area.
Contrary to popular belief all deer do not cross the highway where the signs designate them to do so. Some obviously cannot read................................
Deer-Crossing-Sign-K-6208.gif

just another cowboy p prediction gone wrong. Richland springs has a much easier win next week over milford or cherokee. and more than likely a state title to boot.

Back