Roxton joining the six-man ranks

I have spoken to several of these schools and the funding is the main issue. Starting up a new program costs money (i.e. field, equipment, stipends, etc.). Several just don't see it being a cost-effective solution at their schools. Others are in the situation where the AD is the head basketball coach and adding a football program takes time away from the court. Tough battle, but one worth fighting.

Old Bearkat":vhxfbcbs said:
Garrett2810":vhxfbcbs said:
Now somebody needs to convince Avinger and Neches to get a football program.

Douglas, Martin's Mill (though I bet they'd have to go 11 man), Ector, Dime Box, Round Top-Carmine, Utopia, Knippa, ......
Utopia is considering joining us in 2016. Knippa has some very large elementary classes and the supe thinks they will have 11 man numbers by 2018.

CowboyP":3fzow3ri said:
Old Bearkat":3fzow3ri said:
Garrett2810":3fzow3ri said:

Douglas, Martin's Mill (though I bet they'd have to go 11 man), Ector, Dime Box, Round Top-Carmine, Utopia, Knippa, ......
Utopia is considering joining us in 2016. Knippa has some very large elementary classes and the supe thinks they will have 11 man numbers by 2018.

Has the Austin-San Antonio metromess started reaching out that far now?

Old Bearkat":2hecnh5w said:
CowboyP":2hecnh5w said:
Old Bearkat":2hecnh5w said:
Garrett2810":2hecnh5w said:

Not yet.

CowboyP":1tmrqxdv said:
Old Bearkat":1tmrqxdv said:
CowboyP":1tmrqxdv said:
Old Bearkat":1tmrqxdv said:
Garrett2810":1tmrqxdv said:

Not yet.

It's the growing suburbs of Uvalde.

I used to drive out that way at least once a month for many years ... Knippa may have been the only town I didn't get a speeding ticket between San Antonio and Del Rio.

Back