Rigdon v ethridge

the 427 bench cracks me up.. Im assuming its converted from KGs?

what hurts GR the most when it comes to comparing with the GOAT's (which he fully deserves to be in that conversation) is that the best team they have faced the last two years was loraine last year? Jayton this year? If he had done this in D1, which he probably was capable of doing similar numbers, then it would greatly increase his argument over the others.

Benjamin is No. 1 in Division I & Div. II for a reason.

thenation - fair point but I disagree with the take away very much so...Ethridge and Crockett faced tougher competition thus extending their games allowing for more stats that is true...but I would say that makes their performances more meaningful bc it was against tougher competition.

I was thinking that to your point looking at yards per touch would help show Ridgon's dominance in those games...which I might break down those 3 guys by yards per touch offensively. That would be the best way to evaluate the 3 (pass attempts + receptions + carries...this leaves out special teams unfortunately)

Also if you want to get in the weeds with it you could look at kickoffs and starting field position...onside kicks vs deep kicks...if you are facing a team who kicks onside all the time you have a shorter and more limited area to cover...easier but less yardage to be had...deep kicks harder but more yardage to gain stat wise.
I think the Yds per touch is a cool stat to look at. I think comparing players from after the split to players before the split is difficult and I get TE did both. The problem with looking at players after the split is we devalue that title just a little more because of the what if of it all. My point would be that even if you discredit Rigdon 25% on the Yds per touch stat to account for competition, he is still 15 Yards per touch. I've watched all 3, Crockett, TE, and Rigdon. If anything I think TE had the better team out of all of them.

I don't feel like any of Rigdon's teams had a Abraham Ahumada or Mark Williams.

yeah don't take what Im saying as he is not good.. Hes really really good. Im saying thats what hurts him when comparing with the other greats
One is good. The other one was good. I'll take the one that is still eligible. He's good in football and basketball. They were both enjoyable to watch.

I checked...he did not. Would have been impressive had he done it though.
I don’t think it was NFL. maybe arena football?? but I think he did play professionally for short time. Not positive but seems I remember something about him playing professionally.

I don’t think it was NFL. maybe arena football?? but I think he did play professionally for short time. Not positive but seems I remember something about him playing professionally.
I thought I remembered him being on the practice squads of a couple of NFL teams. Looks like it was the Lions and Vikings.

just wanted to note I double checked Tyler Ethridge's numbers and I was slightly off some how...this is correctly reported state game stats

Tyler Ethridge - 3 games
Rushing: 52-569, 12 TDs
Passing: 38-60-1, 833 yards, 12 TDs
1 special teams TD
-1,402 total offense
-13 TDs scored
-25 total TDs
-12.517 yards per off. touch

Updated Rigdon's

Grayson Rigdon Career State Game Stats-3 games
Rushing: 42-740, 15 TDs
Passing: 15-16-0, 363 yards, 9 TDs
Receiving: 2-105, 2 TDs
-1,208 yards total offense
-17 TDs scored
-26 total TDs
-20.133 yards per off. touch

https://twitter.com/LemanSaunders/status/1735107466726150282/analytics

just wanted to note I double checked Tyler Ethridge's numbers and I was slightly off some how...this is correctly reported state game stats

Tyler Ethridge - 3 games
Rushing: 52-569, 12 TDs
Passing: 38-60-1, 833 yards, 12 TDs
1 special teams TD
-1,402 total offense
-13 TDs scored
-25 total TDs
-12.517 yards per off. touch

Updated Rigdon's

Grayson Rigdon Career State Game Stats-3 games
Rushing: 42-740, 15 TDs
Passing: 15-16-0, 363 yards, 9 TDs
Receiving: 2-105, 2 TDs
-1,208 yards total offense
-17 TDs scored
-26 total TDs
-20.133 yards per off. touch

Does this mean after today a new discussion begins for the next decade or so?
GOAT.........Rigdon VS_________________

Back