Rankings

dawgfan23

11-man fan
Well all I can say is I'm glad that the games are decided on the field because it's hard to figure the logic of the rankings. D1 Rochelle jumps over Zephyr and Zephyr beat them by 2 touchdowns. Zephyr was favored over Robert Lee by 23 and won by 20, a couple of extra points difference. Robert Lee lost by 2 to Fort Davis and Fort Davis jumps over Zephyr as well. All Zephyr does is keep winning like they are supposed to and they seem to lose respect in the ranking. Like I said, I'm glad games are decided on the field. The football experts don't seem to like them.

Hey your team is undefeated and playing well, finish the year that way and see where you are ranked. Enjoy the good season you are having.

@ dawg, there are several teams like that in D1. Just laugh it off and keep on winning, and then at the end of the season, if your team goes deep in the playoffs, these so call "experts" really look like fools with their rankings, but then they will just blame the computers, lol.

I had heard on Friday my area had a chance of getting a 5" rain. Only got about a 1 1/2" rain. Now I know the weatherman can't nail it to 100%, but come on! 3 1/2 inches off the mark! I called KSAN and KLST and demanded they replace their weatherfolk's or quit predicting all together. It's just not right!!

SimplyPut":2kgo6crz said:
I had heard on Friday my area had a chance of getting a 5" rain. Only got about a 1 1/2" rain. Now I know the weatherman can't nail it to 100%, but come on! 3 1/2 inches off the mark! I called KSAN and KLST and demanded they replace their weatherfolk's or quit predicting all together. It's just not right!!

That has to be the most ignorant analogy ever made on this site. Don't lose all sense of logic in a feeble attempt at sarcasm. But look at who I'm telling this to. Assuming you possess even one logical circuit in your brain is about as baseless as your analogy.

Yes sarcasm, and yes just having fun. Sorry it wasn't satisfactory to you. Do you ever lighten up about anything? You have to be the biggest diickhead I have ever seen on this site.

Hey, I agree with your comment. Rochelle has come on strong and actually has played a tougher schedule on average than Zephyr. It appears that Rochelle is getting a little too much credit for 45-ing their most recent opponent. Zephyr not 45-ing their 'weaker' opponents seems to be the difference....

Zephyr is currently ranked #35
def #185 Woodson 48-0
def #32 Rochelle 36-24
def #59 Lometa 61-60
def #170 Lohn 96-47
def #102 Gustine 39-16
def #84 Cherokee 60-24
def #51 Robert Lee 68-48
Best win is over #32
Worst loss is from #0
average opponent rating is 202.98

Rochelle is currently ranked #32
lost to #12 Jonesboro 50-0
lost to #35 Zephyr 36-24
def #105 Blanket 48-36
def #101 Panther Creek 78-32
def #170 Lohn 80-32
def #50 Strawn 76-28
Best win is over #50
Worst loss is from #35
average opponent rating is 217.96

Zephyr has had 1-2 starters out with injuries for 4 of there 7 games including starting QB's for 4 games and still won and the coach, to his credit, has pulled the starters later in the games and given the other players some game experience and has not made 45'ing people a priority as some teams do. So if 45'ing teams is what makes the difference in rankings, then I now understand the logic or system, just don't sell Zephyr short. When the playoffs start they will have every player on the team with game experience and they have plenty of depth to bring most any of them in a game when needed. Most every player has had significant minutes in all of the games and yes, if the coach had left the starters in the entire game, then based on your system, Zephyr would be higher in the rankings. But major credit to the Zephyr coaches for understanding that late in the year depth and experience will make a difference and major credit to the players for learning a new system under new coaches and executing that system on the field. I understand your rankings now much better and there are a lot of intangibles that you don't have access to.

SimplyPut":3pvhedlm said:
Yes sarcasm, and yes just having fun. Sorry it wasn't satisfactory to you. Do you ever lighten up about anything? You have to be the biggest diickhead I have ever seen on this site.

I think your ignorance is hilarious. Only I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.

You must not know very many people if I rank that high. I only weigh 215. Certainly ofb is larger than that.

dawgfan23":hb54ptqq said:
Zephyr has had 1-2 starters out with injuries for 4 of there 7 games including starting QB's for 4 games and still won and the coach, to his credit, has pulled the starters later in the games and given the other players some game experience and has not made 45'ing people a priority as some teams do. So if 45'ing teams is what makes the difference in rankings, then I now understand the logic or system, just don't sell Zephyr short. When the playoffs start they will have every player on the team with game experience and they have plenty of depth to bring most any of them in a game when needed. Most every player has had significant minutes in all of the games and yes, if the coach had left the starters in the entire game, then based on your system, Zephyr would be higher in the rankings. But major credit to the Zephyr coaches for understanding that late in the year depth and experience will make a difference and major credit to the players for learning a new system under new coaches and executing that system on the field. I understand your rankings now much better and there are a lot of intangibles that you don't have access to.
Then Zephyr's rating will come up as they win those games. Ratings are nothing more than a tool used to try to predict games. If it were perfect then the preseason ranks would be good for the whole year with no need to change anything. Teams get better and worse throughout the season and the ratings will follow that trend and reflect that. Its not a disrespect thing. its an educated guess based on information available. 250+ teams, 100+ games per week. I think its pretty darn close. I think my 7-0 team should be ranked higher too, but the boys seem to play better as the underdog, so I'm perfectly fine where it is. I actually wished they were ranked a little lower. I know that if they start beating teams in the playoffs, their rating and ranking will come up.

rainjacktx":3jbm74xs said:
SimplyPut":3jbm74xs said:

I think your ignorance is hilarious. Only I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.

You must not know very many people if I rank that high. I only weigh 215. Certainly ofb is larger than that.

RainyDayWoman with Mad Cow Disease. One step closer to having the entire world POed at him. (BTW, has SprinklePuss learned to type in Swahili yet? I'm sure that's a population that he needs to work also.)

SimplyPut":679dtkt7 said:
Only 215lbs. I imagined you a lot larger pile of dung.

LOL at your inability make a point, and instead rely on pathetic name calling. If you can't do any better than that, I would suggest you stop trying to compete with me. SimplyPut? More like SimpleTon.

oldfat&bald":18hocnkl said:
RainyDayWoman with Mad Cow Disease. One step closer to having the entire world POed at him. (BTW, has SprinklePuss learned to type in Swahili yet? I'm sure that's a population that he needs to work also.)

The entire world? You grossly over estimate my talents. Better you do that, though, than be like SimpleTon and reduce your self to a sobbing, potty-mouthed moron.

rainjacktx":23jja3p3 said:
oldfat&bald":23jja3p3 said:

The entire world? You grossly over estimate my talents. Better you do that, though, than be like SimpleTon and reduce your self to a sobbing, potty-mouthed moron.

Is this how to win friends and influence people? Ever notice how you tend to be avoided in social situations? And I bet you thought it was BO.

rainjacktx":1g83jwdg said:
oldfat&bald":1g83jwdg said:

I will have to agree with you on one point. (Don't get used to it). Kids do sometimes get on here, against the wishes of their coaches I'm sure. So let's try to keep that kind of language off of the board please. I know its hard, considering who your dealing with, and I understand the frustration, but let's keep it clean.

hornkeeper12":34a9clcy said:
dawgfan23":34a9clcy said:
Then Zephyr's rating will come up as they win those games. Ratings are nothing more than a tool used to try to predict games. If it were perfect then the preseason ranks would be good for the whole year with no need to change anything. Teams get better and worse throughout the season and the ratings will follow that trend and reflect that. Its not a disrespect thing. its an educated guess based on information available. 250+ teams, 100+ games per week. I think its pretty darn close. I think my 7-0 team should be ranked higher too, but the boys seem to play better as the underdog, so I'm perfectly fine where it is. I actually wished they were ranked a little lower. I know that if they start beating teams in the playoffs, their rating and ranking will come up.

Very well said - '... Ratings are nothing more than a tool used to try to predict ...' I am about to upload mine and I suspect that the whining and bitching will commence.

rainjacktx":1zbvcu8r said:
SimplyPut":1zbvcu8r said:
Only 215lbs. I imagined you a lot larger pile of dung.

LOL at your inability make a point, and instead rely on pathetic name calling. If you can't do any better than that, I would suggest you stop trying to compete with me. SimplyPut? More like SimpleTon.

I'm not competing with you. I was defending myself from your post. My analogy was merely humor. You obviously didn't find it that way. Fine. Your probably not the only one. However, you basically called me ignorant for it. It was a joke dude. My very next post I even said, ok, seriously now . You are the very definition of a hypocrite. I have no use for you what so ever and feel very fortunate not to know you. As far as my brain capacity, I'm sure it is no match for yours. Congratulations, your a smart diickhead.

I apologize for the language, Rainjack will disagree, but I do know better and it will stop from me. This guy just gets to me in a real bad way.

Back