Question for coaches

techster2000

Six-man fan
Coaches, Would anyone like to volunteer to set up a pay website for six man coaches ONLY to get online, look for games, discuss football and teaching kids, and find open jobs...all without armchair coaches, random fans, and well meaning parents making random comments, hijacking threads, or second guessing coaches that actually coach. We can still keep this site as a fan site for fans to hijack threads talk about their kids, and tell everyone how it should be done. I'd gladly pay 25.00 a year for that. I bet a lot of other coaches would to. Im sure Granger would be ok if it was still a part of this site, might even make him some extra money! Whoever ran it would have to do a background check (call the school) on all participants to make sure they are actually coaches. Ex coaches would be welcome. All participants would use their real name and not hide behind screen names. We could also have a chalk talk where coaches could go to discuss X's and O's. Maybe even a video site to watch coaching clinic videos. For anyone on texasbasketballcoaches.com it might be something like this site. I'll hang up and listen. (I apologize in advance if this offends any non coaches on this site, that's not my intention, however if you're offended, you're probably part of the problem)

Not a bad idea, I agree that some of the post get a little outside the coaches family tree but I understand that even small town high school football conversation leaves the local diner and shop talk. The passion you read in some of the post are sometimes outside the norm, coaches that visit this site should have thick skin since it is a public conversation site expect some body punches from I'm sure well meaning old [get off my lawn]/ young farts ,I as a coach have been heckled during a game but smiled and looked at it as part of being a public figure . Not that its right but I understand to a degree, but your request is a good one young coaches can gain knowledge by simply a click the sixman game is a challenging game and any opportunity to get wiser can't be a bad thing....

techster, I talked to the TBC moderator, he said he tried but had too many six man high profile figures start demanding too many things and not wanting to follow the same rules as everyone else.

That sux, he does a great job with that site. Maybe the association site will be similar. BTW, where is this "coaches corner" Mexican speaks of? Not seeing it. ....on a side note, I'm not disparaging this site at all, its a great site where people can go to get great info about six man. Just would like to be able to talk to coaches only at times.

techster2000":1gewiqy7 said:
BTW, where is this "coaches corner" Mexican speaks of?.
From the board index scroll way down just past the private school group of topics to see 4 topics under coaches corner. Unfortunately, mex/Eng can post there also so...it's not what you're talking about. I like your idea too. Talk to Cowboy.

www.tsmca6.com

That's the address of the new association website. Hopefully the new site message board will resemble hardwoodtexas.com - where only coaches have access with paid dues, and profiles are transparent. I know our boys basketball coach gets a lot of discussion/information without opinionated clutter from those who do not work within the school systems.

Paid dues? How many six man coaches do you really think are going to pay to gossip. They can come on here and be the smartest person since Mr.P for free. I don't think this website was ever intended to be for coaches to come on here and discuss game plans etc. If you don't like what is posted, its real easy don't click on it.

As a member of that board I can tell you it's top notch. No hiding behind the computer screen. Must have a valid school email address and cannot make fake accounts.

Mexican Englishman":lsj4ulc8 said:
Paid dues? How many six man coaches do you really think are going to pay to gossip. They can come on here and be the smartest person since Mr.P for free. I don't think this website was ever intended to be for coaches to come on here and discuss game plans etc. If you don't like what is posted, its real easy don't click on it.

Just as you could have not clicked or commented on this topic, since you don't seem to like what is being suggested. There are reasons these questions are being asked & suggestions being made. All members of the 6-man coaches association pay dues, so that's a non-issue. But you're missing the biggest point of this topic - seeking a place for professional coaches to interact on a message board in a transparent fashion.

It is fabulous. On the home page it list which schools have delinquent dues.The reason basketball websites work is because from 6A to six man it is the same game and a lot more coaches. Six man football is a little limited. If you ever been around a coach they pay for nothing. Even at the strip club, they think the dancers are up there because they enjoy it.

Mexican Englishman":3cz1jk1m said:
It is fabulous. On the home page it list which schools have delinquent dues.The reason basketball websites work is because from 6A to six man it is the same game and a lot more coaches. Six man football is a little limited. If you ever been around a coach they pay for nothing. Even at the strip club, they think the dancers are up there because they enjoy it.

Mexican Englishman, who are you and do you actually coach? You make a lot of inflammatory statements while hiding behind a screen name.

Listen to the silence....the ever standing wall of obscurity one can hide behind....coward comes to my mind. But that's just my feeble, humble opinion.

Back