Post Week 1 Thoughts.

Devils_Messenger

11-man fan
What a showdown to was in B-Town last night for those of you that didn’t listen or watch! Rankin’s stud RB was out, but nonetheless a great matchup!
What are everyone’s thoughts after week one? Any surprises or let downs?

Suprised at motley county loosing alittle. Strawn showed they are always in the mix while whitedeer showed that the hype every year is just that.. balmorea hangs with rankin without goodley but still a good team without him. And my D1 pick for this year and yes they will beat out rankin is sterling city. Yes SC wins State..

6manonly":6kmordqm said:
Suprised at motley county loosing alittle. Strawn showed they are always in the mix while whitedeer showed that the hype every year is just that.. balmorea hangs with rankin without goodley but still a good team without him. And my D1 pick for this year and yes they will beat out rankin is sterling city. Yes SC wins State..
What position does Goodley play? Just out for a game or two? I don't get much West Texas sixman information in North Texas. Thanks

Texlonghorn75":3uhbc98n said:
6manonly":3uhbc98n said:
What position does Goodley play? Just out for a game or two? I don't get much West Texas sixman information in North Texas. Thanks

Honestly not sure i heard he was out just one game

I believe Carrasco from balmorhea was also out.. still a dandy from two very good teams— gonna be interesting to see if any d2 teams from the west can hang with balmorhea this year

I wouldn't spend too much time analyzing who is better beween Balmorhea and Rankin because they could both win a state title this year.

Leman is right about the Sidney v. Zephyr score being a shocker. You could make a strong argument Zephyr has been one of the most consistent teams in central Texas sixman with the exception of Richland Springs. They have a ton of district titles this century so far and several playoff wins. On the other hand, Sidney has been mediocre at best minus two years ago. While I am not sure what is going on, that score is a shocker based on recent history.

Zephyr had 9 kids on the field friday. Some young kids didnt want to play but mostly just low boy numbers in HS. I hear both their qbs are out and their stud running back didnt play this year cause of concussions. Only 1 starter from last years team. Guess that could lead to big issues ahead.

Nice to see the top Division 2 teams playing tough competition out of the starting gate. Unfortunately they all lost but showed a lot of heart doing it. Plenty room for improvement as they say. Should be an entertaining year for sixman.

Goodley plays RB and SpreadBack on O and Safety on D. He was definitely missed, especially his arm with him in the spread. It is true, he will be back this week, should be a good one playing white deer this week!

6manonly":2cdz7452 said:
Texlonghorn75":2cdz7452 said:
6manonly":2cdz7452 said:

Honestly not sure i heard he was out just one game

Did SC lose any starters from last year?
6manonly":gtyyxm3y said:

I had heard that SC lost their first three RBs to graduation. But I don't know for sure. SC is picked to 45 May this week. It may happen but it will be after the battle. I expect a close game.

I went back back and checked my trusty DCTF. It showed that SC had lost 4 from last years team but had 4 offensive and five defensive starters returning.

I would venture to say that the game between May and SC is going to be closer than the spread prediction. May is looking strong with multiple returning starters on both sides.

Mexican Englishman":ltf7owjg said:
I like the picture of the kneeling Milford players. MAGA 2020!
Why do you feel the need to continue to mention Milford? The title of this thread is “Post Week 1 Thoughts.” The picture your speaking on was from the state game 2 years ago and has nothing to do with anything that happened in week 1. Leave Milford out of your political BS . You can private message me if you’d like....

Back