PLAYOFF SITES WEEK TWO (November 21-23, 2013)

granger":g8wn10jy said:
The way I see it, Milford-Blanket and Richland Springs-Calvert are the only UIL schools without sites.

Still need most of the private sites/times

I believe all the T-CAL semifinals are in Brenham, will get dates/times.
Most of the private school games will be set probably Monday with a straggler on Tuesday, I expect.

Hint to all ... the following week is Thanksgiving and for those of us still fortunate to play this weekend and win, finding people next week will be difficult especially as many private (and some public) schools take the entire week off.

What I usually did was call both the teams that I could possibly play if we won (even if it was a slim and none chance and slim was found to have left town ... even if my team was the slim and none chance) and make arrangements regardless of the result -- and had phone numbers in my cell phone to make immediate contact after the game. That way, when some momma asked "where do we play next?" (or is it only MY school where parents ask such insolent questions...), I could say where and when.

Try it. You'll really find it works out real well.

Plus, you want to make arrangements with BOTH teams because if the underdog wins, you really don't want to have the opposing coach get the free motivational talk of "You know, those guys over at East Bug Tussle didn't think you guys were gonna win. They had all sorts of plans to play Podunk and you messed it up. We're gonnna do it again, right?"

I had a coach ask me once after we lost to his future opponent (in a close game) if he could have the film on that game. I told him he could request it from his next opponent (the team we lost to). He told me he had already made his film exchange with that opponent assuming they would beat us. I declined to provide the video to him.

T-CAL Semi-Finals at Hohlt Park Brenham

23-Nov Waco Methodist Home vs San Antonio FEAST Home School at Brenham 1:30 PM T-CAL D1 Semi-Finals
23-Nov Waco Live Oak vs Bryan Allen at Brenham 6:30 PM T-CAL D1 Semi-Finals

23-Nov Stephenville Faith Home School vs Tyler HEAT Home School at Brenham 4:00 PM T-CAL D2 Semi-Finals
23-Nov Sugar Land HCYA Fort Bend Home School vs Corpus Christi Annapolis Christian at Brenham 11:00 AM T-CAL D2 Semi-Finals

Finals for both D1 and D2 will be held on Sat. Nov. 30th at a place called "The Cotton Bowl" in Dallas ... I understand most of the locals in Dallas have heard of the place ...

CowboyP":1iz4qozd said:
Calvert vs Richland Springs 7:30pm Friday Nov 22 @ Moody

Cowboy you spreading bad & false information!
Get your facts straight before sending out a knee jerk posting of what your neighbor is telling you!

Dig a little deeper and you'll get the correct information.
I will reframe from posting the correct info., so you can hurry and get it posted so it looks like your the BIG CHEESE!
We know how you like to drive up those posting stats! ;)

CowboyP":277y3qyh said:

Calvert vs Richland Springs
4pm Saturday Nov 23 at Hico

According to San Angelo Standard Times, sorry if not accurate but that is what they are reporting.

Bill O'Rielly":a087kewl said:
CowboyP":a087kewl said:

Cowboy you spreading bad & false information!
Get your facts straight before sending out a knee jerk posting of what your neighbor is telling you!

Dig a little deeper and you'll get the correct information.
I will reframe from posting the correct info., so you can hurry and get it posted so it looks like your the BIG CHEESE!
We know how you like to drive up those posting stats! ;)
I got my info from a coach. He just sent me a text and corrected his mistake. Sorry about the bad info.

smokeyjoe53":1jx9aktl said:
You sure? We might have to cut your pay .........
I know you get paid so much for all you do.........

Shhhh!!! Nobody is supposed to know Granger is paying him.
It's an under the table deal.

Wait a minute Smokey we got to keep Cowboy because I'd never find out the scores. As long as Cowboy doesn't pass me one the post I'm ok, too lol

Yeah Dublin isnt half way but it may have been the best option late in the game. They do have an excellent stadium and are already set up for six-man from Friday's game.

elenaran":3kw9a96l said:
Any insight as to why they chose Dublin? Seems quite a bit closer to Blanket (~40min drive vs 1hr40 for Milford)

yes, Milford lost a coin flip to Blanket.

Private school playoff sites -- Complete as of 3 PM Monday

23-Nov Waco Methodist Home vs San Antonio FEAST Home School at Brenham 1:30 PM T-CAL D1 Semi-Finals
23-Nov Waco Live Oak vs Bryan Allen at Brenham 6:30 PM T-CAL D1 Semi-Finals

23-Nov Stephenville Faith Home School vs Tyler HEAT Home School at Brenham 4:00 PM T-CAL D2 Semi-Finals
23-Nov Sugar Land HCYA Fort Bend Home School vs Corpus Christi Annapolis Christian at Brenham 11:00 AM T-CAL D2 Semi-Finals

23-Nov Lucas Christian vs Azle Christian at Springtown HS 5:00 PM TCAF Championship

23-Nov Abilene Christian vs Rockwall Heritage Christian at Gordon 2:00 PM TAPPS D1 Second Round
23-Nov Dallas Covenant vs Austin Veritas at Waco Reicher HS 2:00 PM TAPPS D1 Second Round
23-Nov Huntsville Alpha Omega vs Boerne Geneva at Hutto 2:00 PM TAPPS D1 Second Round
23-Nov Austin Hill Country Christian vs Sugar Land Logos at Giddings HS 7:30 PM TAPPS D1 Second Round

23-Nov Granbury N Central Texas vs Lubbock Kingdom Prep at Robert Lee 2:00 PM TAPPS D2 Second Round
22-Nov Brownwood Victory Life vs Fredericksburg Heritage at Cherokee HS 7:30 PM TAPPS D2 Second Round
23-Nov Seguin Lifegate Christian vs Heath Fulton at Buckholts 2:00 PM TAPPS D2 Second Round
23-Nov San Antonio Castle Hills First Baptist vs Alvin Living Stones Christian at Bellville Faith 2:00 PM TAPPS D2 Second Round

Back