perfect playoff predictions

Lubbock Kingdom Prep (1-4) loses to Dallas Tyler Street (2-2)
Castle Hills loses to Brownwood Victory Life (1-1)
San Antonio Town East (3-2) defeats Alvin Living Stone (4-2) (upset)
Fredricksburg Heritage (3-1) defeats Brenham Christian (4-4)

BOTTOM HALF

Seguin Life Gate (3-4) loses to WF Notre Dame (1-2)
Orange Community Christian (4-3) loses to Heath Fulton (2-1)
Granbury Happy Hill (1-3) loses to Boerne Geneva (3-2)
Lubbock Christ the King (1-5) loses to Dickinson Pine Drive

-----------------------------------------------------------------

DTS loses to BVL
Freddy beats TE

WFND beats HF (upset?)
BG loses to DPD

------------------------------------------------------------------
BVL loses to Freddy
WFND loses to DPD

---------------------------------------------------------------------
FREDDY DEFEATS DICKINSON PINE DRIVE

hey bigmanoncampus(not)...

District 1 will finish

1. Brownwood Victory Life
2. Wichita Falls Notre Dame
3. Granbury Happy Hill
4. Denton Calvary
5. Lubbock Kingdom Prep
6. Lubbock Christ The King

Kingdom Prep beat Christ The King (wk 0) 27-26... That lost to Lubbock Kingdom Prep cost CTK a 9.5 hour drive to SE Houston....... Wondering if that's what someone would call a GOOD LOSS, LOL

So Lubbock Kingdom Prep will be playing Dickinson Pine Drive...
UNLESS somehow/someway Kingdom Prep defeats WF Notre Dame and Denton Calvary loses to Christ The King (which I just don't see happening).

Forgot completely about Denton Calvary. Sorry. Wow.

Denton Calvary (1-4) defeats Dallas Tyler Street (2-2)
Castle Hills loses to Brownwood Victory Life (1-1)

BOTTOM HALF

Seguin Life Gate (3-4) loses to WF Notre Dame (1-2)
Granbury Happy Hill (1-3) loses to Boerne Geneva (3-2)
Lubbock Kingdom Prep (1-5) loses to Dickinson Pine Drive

DC loses to BVL
Freddy beats TE

WFND beats HF (upset?)
BG loses to DPD

BVL loses to Freddy
WFND loses to DPD

Denton Calvary over Tyler Street and Notre Dame over Heath Fulton...not too much respect for District 2, and a little too much respect for District 1 if you asked me.

I think you're pretty close to right on on most everything though. I'll play...

Calvary v. Tyler Street...Tyler Street by 20
Castle Hills v. BVL...BVL by 45
Town East v. ALS...LS in a close one (may be the match-up of the 1st round!)
Brenham v. Freddy...Freddy by 35 (now that #7 is back, Brenham may make some noise)

Lifegate v. Notre Dame...Notre Dame by 22
Orange Community v. Heath Fulton...Fulton by 45
Happy Hill v. Boerne Geneva...Geneva by 45
Lubbock Kingdom Prep v. Pine Drive...PD by 45

--------------------------------------------------
TS v. BVL...BVL in a close one (TS has gotten better on D each week and is a good spread defense)
LS v. Freddy...Freddy by 30

WFND v. Heath Fulton...Fulton by 26
Geneva v. Pine Drive...Geneva by 8 (If they were on seperate sides of the bracket, I think they'd be playing in the semi's)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
BVL v. Freddy...Freddy by 45

Fulton v. Geneva...too close to call, might be the game of the playoffs to go watch! But, I'm a Fulton fan, so I'll say them.

------------------------------------------------------

Fulton v. Freddy...Freddy by 30 where Coach Shipman lets his JV get some PT.

All good choices, but I believe it will be:

Fredericksburg Heritage (will win it all)
vs.
WINNER OF
Boerne Geneva / Dickinson Pine Drive

These 3 teams are HEAD & SHOULDERS ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE.....

LazyJ,

I too agree, WF Notre Dame will beat Heath Fulton (and this is no upset).....
For WF Notre Dame to play Brownwood Victory Life to 4 points (64-60) IS A LEGIT FEAT...
Victory Life (more than likely) has the best individual player (#8) in all of Div. II...

District 1 isn't a bad district with
1. Brownwood Victory Life
2. WF Notre Dame
3. Granbury Happy Hill

The best 4 teams in Div. II are (because of the way the bracket is set up)
Fredericksburg Heritage
Boerne Geneva
Dickinson Pine Drive
Brownwood Victory Life

I also believe SA Town East & Alvin Living Stones are good ...
But they play eachother, Then the winner gets F R E D D Y.. AND HE'S COMING FOR YOU...
AS THE SONG GOES ... 1-2, FREDDY'S COMING FOR YOU ....

As for who will win it all:
FREDERICKSBURG HERITAGE
it really doesn't matter who comes from the other side of the bracket.

Well I am praying for Brenham to get their game on tonight and beat Alvin, which would throw a wrench in the whole playoff schedule as listed above.
The only thing I see that stands out is Freddy scored 30 on Dallas the Cov in the beginning of the season, with that in mind I give them the advantage to take it all.

I do believe I've finalized my bracket now....

Fredericksburg Heritage (to win it all)
vs.
Boerne Geneva

by far the best two teams...
I think Pine Drive is having issues. Because of the last topic that has been removed.

I'm still scratching my head, seeing how they (pine drive) went 4 full qtrs with a 2-8 Ft. Worth Nazarene team.
When Boerene Genva went out and blasted SA New Life 51-0.. That's what I call taking care of business and getting the engine primed for a state title run.

Kramer":zgcnr1zo said:
I do believe I've finalized my bracket now....

Fredericksburg Heritage (to win it all)
vs.
Boerne Geneva

by far the best two teams...
I think Pine Drive is having issues. Because of the last topic that has been removed.

I'm still scratching my head, seeing how they (pine drive) went 4 full qtrs with a 2-8 Ft. Worth Nazarene team.
When Boerene Genva went out and blasted SA New Life 51-0.. That's what I call taking care of business and getting the engine primed for a state title run.

What's wrong with being up 50-6 and putting in JV? They also made the 5 hour trip

flex":3pp0ab2f said:
What's wrong with being up 50-6 and putting in JV? They also made the 5 hour trip

Absolutely nothing...that's what I consider good coaching. The horses on the good teams will get them into the playoffs, but depth may play a factor in getting them into the state title game.

That's the -MAJOR- SAD THING about private school athletics....
The Little Johnnys' of the world has to always play... because mommy pays tuition and athletic fees... So they feel everyone should get playing time...

If my son (Braden) isn't blessed with athletic talent, I WILL FOR SURE NOT PRESSURE A COACH TO PLAY HIM..
I MYSELF WILL CHALLENGE MY SON TO GET BETTER by sending him to camps, summer sessions, etc... BUT I KNOW EVEN THAT WON'T MAKE HIM A STARTER ON ANY TEAM.
GOD HAS GIVEN EACH KID A DIFFERENT TYPE OF TALENT.. SOME OF OUR CHILDREN ARE NOT ATHLETES... THAT'S JUST THE HONEST TRUTH

#1 thing a PRIVATE SCHOOL PARENT NEEDS TO LEARN IS:
Have your son LEARN TO EARN (develop a work ethic) WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE, NOT BE GIVEN EVERYTHING IN LIFE...
BECAUSE WHEN BRADEN TURNS 35, HE FOR SURE WON'T BE LIVING UNDER MY ROOF.

This is why I don't attend CTK games... Each time I went, All I heard was how come my son isn't in the game yet.
When I wanted to turn around and say, Ma'am... YOUR SON STINKS, YOUR SON AINT THAT GOOD...

I sometimes wish Charles Barkley could speak to alot of the Private School Parents here in Texas that believe their son should be a starter or get equal playing time

When in a REAL WORLD (any uil school) Little Johnny would'nt be given a uniform...

I know at CTK, there are several kids that WOULD NOT BE ISSUED A UNIFORM FROM ANY UIL SCHOOL HERE IN LUBBOCK...

I was fortunate to watch Dallas The Covenant vs. T-Rock.
I did noticed that Dallas The Covenants' JV team was not dressed out but they did have on matching shirts and shorts.
No wonder Dallas The Covenant is ALWAYS in the runnings and no wonder Dallas The Covenant is A REAL CLASS SCHOOL...
The parents know going into the season, who is varsity and who is JV... That way the Little Johnnys of the world or their parents know where they stand each game. Either JV or Varsity

I guess this is the difference between GREAT PROGRAMS like Dallas The Covenant and mediocre ones who has to play everybody.

The perfect bracket...... Well I thought mine was until District 1 messed it all up....

I've already trashed it (Thanks alot District 1, LOL), much like my NCAA Men's Bracket each season.

This playoff season will be fun to see how it plays out.
There will be some great 1st round games:
1. SA Town East @ Alvin Living Stones
2. Brownwood Victory Life vs. Boerne Geneva .. IF they are going by a points system in District 1, this game will happen.
3. Dallas Tyler Street vs. Denton Calvary
4. Seguin Lifegate vs. WF Notre Dame .. Based on the District 1 points system as well.

Yes I'm in agreement with everyone about Fredericksburg Heritage being the team to beat.
Coach Shipman has a very solid program and his team is playing exceptionally well.

Only comment about the other thing said is, there is a fine line about playing time/45ing teams.
Some schools 45 ya.... Other team is mad / parents are mad.
Some schools don't 45 ya, play their jv... Other team is mad because you are taunting or humilating them.
I've seen and heard it all.. Maybe John can have a clinic at Lifegate on this subject.

When J. Taddy comes up with a remedy on how to fix this topic (last one posted above this), please include it in your Lifegate coaching clinic. I will for sure attend that session, LOL..
AND I'LL PAY EARLY

Coach Ware":3rqomk69 said:
Only comment about the other thing said is, there is a fine line about playing time/45ing teams.
Some schools 45 ya.... Other team is mad / parents are mad.
Some schools don't 45 ya, play their jv... Other team is mad because you are taunting or humilating them.
I've seen and heard it all.. Maybe John can have a clinic at Lifegate on this subject.

When J. Taddy comes up with a remedy on how to fix this topic (last one posted above this), please include it in your Lifegate coaching clinic. I will for sure attend that session, LOL..
AND I'LL PAY EARLY

If I had that answer, you couldn't afford the registration fee, Brother Wayne.

The mis-match of teams is always going to be a problem. If the better team has low numbers (under 12 kids), it's the worst, because you probably are always going to have starters in the game in some position. Sure, you can play kids out of position, but good athletes are going to figure stuff out -- but that puts you in a bind because kids do need to have reps.

If the better team has big numbers, then it may be the best because you can play that second or third team against their players and still be competitive. But that's a "best of both worlds" opportunity few of us have.

In fact, I heard it happened a couple weeks ago. A team that is going to be a district champion played the last place team. Every other team in district 45'd them, most by half. But this game went 40 minutes and the champion won it by 40-some points.

All I can say is enjoy the mercy rule wins when you can but enjoy them with humility knowing that sooner or later, you'll be on the other end of that score someday. And it may happen that those kids you kicked like rented mules three or four years ago might be the ones returning the favor.

As for not being a class organization because we played four quarters with Ft. Worth Nazarene and let the JV play some, Coach Ware chooses to reward players in certain ways for their efforts both on the field and in the classroom. I applaud him for preparing his team ,for not only today, but for tomorrow when teachable moments arise. Incidents such as this are why Coach Ware is one of the best sixman coaches in the state, and why he will be at Pine Drive for a while.

If I heard right WFND won the cointoss for District 1 Champ and Brownwood is second with Happy hill coming in third. So here is a revised bracket. not much changing in the end, just matchups.

Denton Calvary (1-4) defeats Dallas Tyler Street (2-2)
Castle Hills loses to WF Notre Dame (1-1)

BOTTOM HALF

Seguin Life Gate (3-4) loses to Grandbury Happy Hill (1-2)
Brownwood Victory Life (1-3) loses Boerne Geneva (3-2) close game
Lubbock Kingdom Prep (1-5) loses to Dickinson Pine Drive

DC loses to WFND
Freddy beats TE

GHH beats HF
BG loses to DPD

WFND loses to Freddy
GHH loses to DPD