Pastured/grass-fed meat

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
OK, this is going to be a strange post. For a variety of reason, I have changed my diet to include only pastured/grass-fed meat. (I did break this Friday at Coopers and with half a frito pie at Zephyr, but for the last six weeks I have changed)

As some of you may remember, I had a horrible bout four years ago with parasites. Since that time, my immune system hasn't been up to the task. After spending the last few years dealing with this, the next step was to try this. It seems to be working, but it is still very early.

I am buying almost all of my produce/meat/eggs from local farms and at the local farmers' markets (we have several here). There was a farm from Mullin last year that used to come down, but I haven't seen them in awhile.

I know there are a ton of great ranchers and farmers out there in the six-man world. If there is an opportunity to purchase meat from time-to-time from them, I am certainly willing to make the trip out to pick it up. We eat just about anything. I even cooked up some wild hog on Sunday. I really need to get some goat and my wife is wanting to make sure we get a turkey (not wild, but pastured) ordered, but we are looking for chicken, hog, beef, venison.... too

Feel free to post any information here or send me a private message or e-mail.

I don't really like people to post ads here, unless I give them approval. But as a service to ranchers and farmers (and for myself) I am contemplating a special section for people to advertise produce and meat so people can buy locally.

I was in the sheep raising business all my life and I assure everyone that grass fat lamb is the very best. Good AMERICAN lamb can be found in middle eastern stores in San Antonio and Dallas that is raised in Texas. Bought and slaughtered in the local S.A. and Dallas area. Lamb chops run around $4.50 a lb. an excellent price and delicious. Spanish goat is also avaible.
peace n love

I am working on one in Palo Pinto. They used to have a website but I can nto find it now. I graduated from Gordon with the owner so have contacted her to get you more info. Will PM it when I do.

Andy

granger- www.yonderwayfarm.com

Yonderway Farm is family owned and located in Brenham, Texas. They specialize in pasture fed protein sources. Organic and homegrown is the only way to go in terms of health and wholesomeness. Even the veggies that you can buy at the store don't have the nutrient value or great taste that home-raised garden vegetables do.

Back